TTC #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anybody else terrified that it will just never happen? We've never got a positive but somehow I feel like if I knew I would concieve (even if it was years away), I'd be more relaxed and it would feel less pointless. All I've ever wanted is to be a Mum and after 9/10months of ttc, it's starting to feel like it'll never happen. Also feeling fed up of putting everything on hold 'just in case' like not drinking, just to get BFN month after month.

Hope I've explained my point well enough, just feeling angry at the world today😂
🙋🏼‍♀️ Me

I try to be positive but I just can’t imagine ever seeing a positive pregnancy test ☹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
🙋🏼‍♀️ Me

I try to be positive but I just can’t imagine ever seeing a positive pregnancy test ☹
Yep feeling the same 😔 today is peak fertility today and I’m dreading this TWW. Been back to tracking this cycle so I just know it will be the longest two weeks ever. Plus next cycle it’ll be a year of trying. I know it’s not that long in the grand scheme of things but I was just so naive when we started, I definitely didn’t think I’d still be here a year later 😕 grateful to be able to read these threads and know I’m not the only one who feels a bit hopeless!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
No idea where I’m currently at this cycle, AF didn’t arrive whatsoever (my last period was 46 days a go?!) however still no positive - so thus far I’m feeling really hopeless and confused ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 3
No idea where I’m currently at this cycle, AF didn’t arrive whatsoever (my last period was 46 days a go?!) however still no positive - so thus far I’m feeling really hopeless and confused ☹
I had the exact same, my period was 20 days late! So frustrating isn’t it 😭 sending positive vibes to you that AF turns up soon! 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm in the TWW and have started second-guessing every little thing my body does. Feeling v thirsty but is that just wishful thinking 🤔

Seriously struggling today 😞 a girl in work told me she is pregnant, it’s the third person from my job in the last two weeks. I just wish it was me - I feel like I’m really pinning all my hope on this cycle. And my partner never gets his hopes up so I feel really alone 😞 I just wish I could stop thinking about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Feel like I could make a really good go of it in October after months of not being able to try… and I’ve just received my vaccine booster for a week before I ovulate 😖😭 I’m sure it’ll have an affect

Feel like I could make a really good go of it in October after months of not being able to try… and I’ve just received my vaccine booster for a week before I ovulate 😖😭 I’m sure it’ll have an affect
I fell pregnant the week I had my 2nd vaccine, obviously didn't work out but keep positive. Sending you all the love and baby dust 💗

I too had my second jab the week before I ovulated and fell pregnant 🤍🤍 wishing for the best for you xxx

I fell pregnant the week I had my 2nd vaccine, obviously didn't work out but keep positive. Sending you all the love and baby dust 💗
I too had my second jab the week before I ovulated and fell pregnant 🤍🤍 wishing for the best for you xxx
Aw thank you both so much for reassuring me 🤍 that’s helped me so much. I do definitely want the booster because I’m patient facing!
Sorry for your loss Instagramlover, hopefully we both get our positives soon 🤍

congrats again Rita 🌈 ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone tried sainsburys own tests? I was on the hunt for first response yesterday but the little local sainaburys only sold their own brand so I just picked those up on my way home. I've used one this morning and it looks positive but it's blue dye and I dunno whether to trust the brand. I'm 13dpo and AF is due tomorrow so I don't have very long to wait either way, wish I'd just gone to a bigger supermarket!

Has anyone tried sainsburys own tests? I was on the hunt for first response yesterday but the little local sainaburys only sold their own brand so I just picked those up on my way home. I've used one this morning and it looks positive but it's blue dye and I dunno whether to trust the brand. I'm 13dpo and AF is due tomorrow so I don't have very long to wait either way, wish I'd just gone to a bigger supermarket!
Did you take a pic?

Hi, just popping my head in to let some of the neuroticism out if that’s ok 😂

Growing up I always knew I wanted kids and ideally wanted them by the time I was 28 - well I’m a few years past that now and only just married so have let go of the ideas of being in my late 40s when the kids pack off for uni etc. 😂

OH and I have booked a honeymoon for early spring to a place that has active Zika cases and I have a major event in early June that is not pregnancy compatible (due to the training, effort of the event itself, and selfishly due to my goals for it). So we’re thinking let’s start trying around July time (as this would be outside of the window for Zika to be a risk I believe) but my concerns are that it would then take some time to conceive at this point.

I am not going to lie, sex isn’t high on my priority list and I struggle with my drive so I feel like I need to be aware of what other things I can do to maximise our chances - nothing to do with my husband, just never really been into it 😐 (I think I’m probably asexual tbh). Other than stopping contraception, do you do anything else?! I feel like a kid asking but honestly, when you’re not that fussed with getting it on you tend not to read into these things 😂

Growing up I always knew I wanted kids and ideally wanted them by the time I was 28 - well I’m a few years past that now and only just married so have let go of the ideas of being in my late 40s when the kids pack off for uni etc. 😂

OH and I have booked a honeymoon for early spring to a place that has active Zika cases and I have a major event in early June that is not pregnancy compatible (due to the training, effort of the event itself, and selfishly due to my goals for it). So we’re thinking let’s start trying around July time (as this would be outside of the window for Zika to be a risk I believe) but my concerns are that it would then take some time to conceive at this point.

I am not going to lie, sex isn’t high on my priority list and I struggle with my drive so I feel like I need to be aware of what other things I can do to maximise our chances - nothing to do with my husband, just never really been into it 😐 (I think I’m probably asexual tbh). Other than stopping contraception, do you do anything else?! I feel like a kid asking but honestly, when you’re not that fussed with getting it on you tend not to read into these things 😂
Welcome 👋

I am also (most of the time) not that fussed and the best thing to do if you want the highest chance of conceiving with the least amount of actual sex (sounds awful to say but sometimes we all cba so let’s say it like it is!) is to get ovulation tests. They will help you pin point when you ovulate, they turn positive 48-12 hours before you ovulate and you can only get pregnant on the 5 days and day of ovulation so sex outside of these days is pretty pointless for baby making.

Alternatively if (like me) your ovulation moves around, I would recommend looking up Sperm meets egg plan and following that.

Wait until you feel ready and good luck! But I would stop taking your pill and use condoms for a bit before you want to try properly, as can take a while for your hormones to settle.

Yeah, I can clearly see the + but then I googled it and seems some people don't recommend them?
looks positive! No idea about the brand but if I were you I’d be running to big Tesco to get a digital one 🏃🏼‍♀️

Hi and welcome! Your honeymoon will be fab I’m sure 🥰 I’d want to stop any contraception a couple of months before trying just so it’s out of your system. I’m similar to you, my sex drive isn’t particularly high, not great for baby making! Have you tracked your periods? You can download an app and then that can give you a window for ovulation. They aren’t always super accurate though, so testing might be best for you. I’ve got pre mom and ovulation tests to go with it.

looks positive! No idea about the brand but if I were you I’d be running to big Tesco to get a digital one 🏃🏼‍♀️
it's definitely two blue lines but I'm not convinced. AF is due tomorrow and I'm at work all day today to keep me distracted anyway. I've had a bit of cramping and brown discharge so I'm guessing it's just a rubbish test but I'll be sure to update if AF comes so everyone can avoid sainsbo tests 😂

Hello! Yes I have used these regularly in the past and found them reliable. Looks positive to me but maybe try another brand tomorrow morning? X

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the new thread!
I'm having a bit of a TTC dilemma. If I got pregnant this cycle the due date would be a few days before my son's birthday. He's been an only child for 10 years and I'm worried it would make him feel pushed out. However, this is our 10th cycle TTC and I really don't want to miss one out at this stage and I feel like chances are it won't happen anyway! What would you do?
I'm kind of in the same boat. My son turned 2 in july, and I got pregnant with him in October. We started for Letrozole again this cycle and I should be ovulating by the end of the week. Now our son was due August 1st, but we had a scheduled C-section July 8th. I'm not sure how it's going to go with 2 birthdays that close.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.