Treacle tatts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god, so she's gotten even worse and thinks she can speak for POC now? For someone with a bunch of hideous tattoos, she should really check herself before she belittles everyone else's tattoos. I also hate how she picks apart any tattoo style she doesn't personally have/like.
She recently did an interview with things&ink magazine and she addresses this. I'll let her words speak for themselves.
"At the moment I’m trying to create more awareness for black and POC in the tattoo industry! There’s a lack of representation so I want to use my platform to celebrate POC tattoo artists and those that tattoo on darker skin tones!"
She fails to mention that she also is the sole arbiter for what is deemed as racist, doesn't give artists a chance to even explain themselves if she gets the wrong end of the stick and has actively tried to ruin careers for tattoo artists she deems racist. She could do a lot of good with her platform, yet what concerns me is that she equates celebrating POC and tattooing with bashing white artists that havent been extensively researched, which can lead to negative associations between positive discrimination and the inclusion of diversity in the tattoo community. It seems to me that her heart is in the right place, but she isn't quite hitting the mark, coming off as preachy rather than informative, and she appears to have a white saviour complex even if that's not her intention. I'm not a POC, so I can't comment on how I feel about her videos but that's my take on the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I know this hasn’t been posted on in a while but ive just found it and it’s been interesting to read - I initially found Lauren a bit grating and couldn’t put my finger on why, but she’s actually grown on me now I’ve watched more of her videos and feel like I understand her a bit more. I totally agree with the white saviour complex thing though, and that she has a lot of opinions that aren’t necessarily right lol

Another thing I don’t like is that she actively recognises when she’s being hypocritical in a video, but continues to make the point anyway? Not sure

it was very hurtful the way I was treated, but I got over it, and I still love my tattoox
Was this the pizza lady tattoo? How did she find you? She didn’t mention that in the video. If she came for you personally that’s so out of order :/

Reactions: 3
She’ll run out of space for tattoos soon- dint know what she’ll vlog about then :)

Reactions: 1
Used to find her mildly amusing and quite down to earth. She isn't the sharpest tool in the box, but harmless. However I'm not keen on all the lip and chin fillers she now gets. I think she need to work on herself, rather than getting these quick fix procedures.

Now all she seems to post are those boring tik tok reaction videos. These seem to get the most views for her, but personally I find them so boring and repetitive. How many times can she react to a teenager tattooing themselves?!

Reactions: 5
Used to find her mildly amusing and quite down to earth. She isn't the sharpest tool in the box, but harmless. However I'm not keen on all the lip and chin fillers she now gets. I think she need to work on herself, rather than getting these quick fix procedures.

Now all she seems to post are those boring tik tok reaction videos. These seem to get the most views for her, but personally I find them so boring and repetitive. How many times can she react to a teenager tattooing themselves?!
Oh she makes my sh*t itch. She doles out "advice" which is at best useless and at worst actually dangerous. At one point she was telling people it was fine to leave the same saniderm on for 3 days and then soak it off in the bath ffs!

She did one whole video on "preparing for your tattoo session" which consisted of her telling them a long winded story about how long it took her to get to her tattooist's studio on the train and then stressing how important it was to eat Maccie Ds before you go in because you need to treat yourself well o_O.

Nothing about spending a few days making sure you're well hydrated, nothing about skin care before the tattoo being as important as skin care afterwards. Like how exfoliating any loose or dry skin and moisturising regularly in the weeks leading up to a big tat is important. She didn't even warn people about not wearing fake tan or scented moisturisers or heavy perfume into the session and believe me, with the standard of a lot of her viewer base, basic advice like that is just what they require.

She never even mentioned keeping out of the sun before getting a big tat to protect your skin's elasticity or after you've healed it to avoid fading. Though tbf unless she has a morning appointment I don't think she crawls out of her pit till well after lunch most days, so sun protection probably isn't a big factor for her.

And her "set" is just a mish-mash of really mainstream cinema tat which she seems to think makes her somehow super-alternative "Oh look at me I watch Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street. That means I'm proper avante garde, right?"

And apart from the last two or three she's had, all of her tats were really basic and a lot of them pretty poorly done. American Traditional is not meant to be poorly drawn flash with bleeding lines, like it was done by the Boatswain on an oil tanker in 1955 - but all of hers were. Which is fine and we all made some poor choices early in our lives I'm sure but surely the point of a tattoo commentary channel should be to bring some light onto the dos and don't using your own experience as the examples, not just sh*t talking randoms whose pics you got off Instagram and TikTok and occasionally pretending you give a damn about some trending social issue.

Also she just gets major cover-ups done, like the blast-over on her right arm and doesn't address the real reasons why she did it - ie: because her horror themed sleeve was fuzzy, faded, mismatched and sloppy (it so was) She just got it done and then spent maybe a minute going "Yeah I like this better now. Let's not talk about why."

And she really needs to stop putting all that sh*t into her face. It's made her head look like a box. I swear it's so squared off she has right angles at her forehead and jawline. She was really rather pretty when she started it all too. Now she just looks fake and kinda freaky.

Also sorry this went on to be War and Peace kind of length. It's just that I've never found any other group of people who even know who the hell she is and so I've been hate watching her for a while now with no outlet for all this hostility.
Thank you.
I am so glad I found Tattle. This place has everything!
💋

Reactions: 5
Oh blimey. Having got this off my chest motivated me to go and see what she's up to now as it's been months since I cba. Anyway I'm so glad I did. It's hilarious. She's tried switching things up a bit as even she must be aware on the 20th video that the theme "reacting to tiktok tattoos" was starting to age like a dead salmon in summer, she decided to try her hand at asmr. She doesn't appear to have polled her subs first.

Seems it didn't go over all that well.

1637226675945.png

The problem is is that she’s going to run out of space for new tattoos soon so she needs new vlog content :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She hasn’t posted any videos with Yasmin for a while- surely they’ve been doing stuff together? :)

• Haha
I’ve just found this thread and it’s been a joy to read that I’m not the only one that absolutely cannot stand this sanctimonious, patronising, know it all idiot.
As somebody who does actually work in the tattoo industry, I find her absolutely ridiculous. She acts like she’s the oracle on tattoos and tattooing when in reality, she has no idea because she’s just some woman that thinks she’s cool because she’s got a few.
I mean, I’m pretty sure she did a video once on how to get a tattoo apprenticeship. How can she possibly do a video on that if she’s never had or even tried to get one herself! It’s like me doing a video on mechanics because I own a car! 😂.
She’s also a bully. The first video I ever watched of hers was where she ripping apart the tatttoos of another youtuber. She was vile, and seems to be getting worse!
She should probably stop with whatever she’s pumping into her face now too because she looks horrific!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She’s majorly annoying in her Facebook group, keeps calling herself ‘mother potato’ :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She’s majorly annoying in her Facebook group, keeps calling herself ‘mother potato’ :)
Oh gawd I'd forgotten about that group. It's full of people covered in tatty flash just as bad and just as generic as hers telling each other how unique they are.

She’s clearly running out of topics to spout her cringey ‘advice’ on because she’s done yet another reaction video to tik toks. 💤

Thing is though is that she’s a millennial and millennials aren’t into tiktok as much as Gen Z- a lot don’t even have an account- maybe she’s trying to appeal to a younger fan base?

She hasn’t posted any videos with Yasmin for a while- surely they’ve been doing stuff together? :)
God she was literally in every video at one point, think there was one where they just ate a huge McDonald's and talked 🙄
I get the feeling since she moved in with her bf quite far away, the two of them don't really see each other that much. It looks like the sister of her bf has replaced Yasmin as her bestie 🤣

She just doesn't do anything even vaguely interesting. For all the weeping and wailing she did at one point about POC being excluded from modern tattooing, she's never tried to do an overview of the history of tattooing and how it was literally invented by POC (and the Scots) She doesn't ask to interview any of the artists who work on her own tattoos. To ask about how they got their start n the industry and what it took to get their own studios etc. Though tbf maybe she has asked and it's just that none of them want to be that closely associated with her or her tatty channel.

She doesn't try talking to other heavily tattooed people about the reasons why they first chose to get a tattoo and why they decided to continue getting them. Or how being tattooed has had positive and/or negative impacts on their lives - did it result in employment discrimination or lead to them meeting like minded people they've formed strong bonds with or even opened up really interesting employment opportunities to them as it did for her. what was the experience of older people with tattoos as opposed to the experiences of younger people in terms of it once being a real subculture with very clear-cut working class associations and now becoming very mainstream and much more dominated by middle class people.

She's dull and dumb and unimaginative and so completely self obsessed. It's all "This is me and this is my tattoo and this is my experience of being tattooed and this is a tattoo I like and this is a tattoo I dislike and this is what I approve of in tattooing and this is what I disapprove of."
You're not very interesting Lauren and you're really inarticulate, so making it all about you is just bloody boring.

Finally - wtf is the potato trope she has going on - does anyone know? Apart from she has an obvious affinity with potatoes because they have very similar IQs and personalities.

I honestly don’t think she cares about the history of tattooing or anyone else’s experiences. She comes across as someone who only got tattoos because she thought it’d make her a little bit ‘cooler’.
I also completely agree about people in the tattoo industry probably not wanting to be associated with her. As I mentioned before, I work in the industry and I find her incredibly cringey and embarrassing.
It does seem as though she’s replaced Yasmin with her boyfriends sister too, although not necessarily a bad thing and Yasmin is absolutely foul mouthed and vile!

I honestly don’t think she cares about the history of tattooing or anyone else’s experiences. She comes across as someone who only got tattoos because she thought it’d make her a little bit ‘cooler’.
I also completely agree about people in the tattoo industry probably not wanting to be associated with her. As I mentioned before, I work in the industry and I find her incredibly cringey and embarrassing.
It does seem as though she’s replaced Yasmin with her boyfriends sister too, although not necessarily a bad thing and Yasmin is absolutely foul mouthed and vile!
I think she's as thick as pig tit and isn't capable of doing any research let alone writing a script needed to make any actual video. She doesn't even look for her own Tik-Toks. The mindless fangirls tag her in Tik-Toks and she watches them as she films.