Treacle tatts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve only recently come across Lauren and I like her videos. I mostly enjoy the TikTok reactions because I wouldn’t usually watch through that kind of thing myself, it’s like getting a curated bunch. But I’m also in my mid-30s so I can definitely consume media without it affecting me too much. I have seen all these 25 year olds with completely covered bodies and I’m a bit like slowwww dowwwwn! I also want to end up fairly full of tattoos but there’s no rush. I do think social media makes it feel like a sprint to be covered rather than a marathon over the course of your life.

Reactions: 2
To be super honest though tattoos do look best when you’re young :) and aged ones don’t look as good

I don’t necessarily agree with that, I know a lot of people who have got tattooed later in life and it looks fantastic. I think it’s more when you’re past 50 and there are external factors like possibly needing different medications and skin getting thinner that it might not be as easy to get tattooed. But I think when you’re older you also are more likely to take better care of your skin and be more mindful of it.

• Heart
I don't give a flying duck at a rolling doughnut what anyone chooses to do with their own body. What I object to is a know-nothing big head who cannot herself draw a straight line setting herself up as some all knowing expert on everything inky, attaching herself to every trending issue and making out as if she thought of making it one, doling out advice like "Make sure you eat plenty of Maccie Ds before your appointment and btw it's fine to have a bath to soak the second skin off your new leg sleeve"
Yes she has said both of those things and a lot more just as bleeping stupid.

She's rude, judgmental, hypocritical and changes her opinions like other people change their knickers. A 32 year old woman still carrying on like she was a shrieky teenager who believes that her tatty collection of mismatched flash and poorly applied faux-goth make-up make her an alternative lifestyle guru.

And she's barely able to string a coherent sentence together just to cap it all off.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh she is absolutely a hypocrite. “My body my choice” but then makes a whole video on why an Amber Heard/JD tattoo somebody got was “offensive” and should have never been done.

What on Earth it had to do with her I have no idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
To be super honest though tattoos do look best when you’re young :) and aged ones don’t look as good
I mean, I’m over 30, heavily tattooed (even more so than our treacle twit) and I personally think my tatttoos look pretty damn good tbh 😂.
I’m also a tattooist so see plenty of tattoos/tattooed people and the older tattoos and the older generation of people getting tattooed can look really awesome, a lot of them even better than younger people because they’ve tended to put a lot more thought into them rather than trying to cover their bodies for the sake of following the current trend of being heavily tattooed and looking ‘cool’

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I mean, I’m over 30, heavily tattooed (even more so than our treacle twit) and I personally think my tatttoos look pretty damn good tbh 😂.
I’m also a tattooist so see plenty of tattoos/tattooed people and the older tattoos and the older generation of people getting tattooed can look really awesome, a lot of them even better than younger people because they’ve tended to put a lot more thought into them rather than trying to cover their bodies for the sake of following the current trend of being heavily tattooed and looking ‘cool’
My uncle was a merchant seaman and he had the classic collection of tattoos he'd got as he sailed around the world in the 1950s/1960s/70s. They were all American trad style, sailing ships, an anchor, a Hawaiian pin-up girl, he actually had a heart with "mother" inside. I can recall so clearly sitting on his lap as a child while he flexed his wiry forearm muscles making that Hawaiian lady dance for us. Telling me all about where he was when he got it and the small, long closed tattoo shops he'd got them from. When my own children were small and he was in his 70s, he could still do it though he'd laugh and say they were both slowing down. It entranced them every bit as much as it had me.

Another fine example of an older person whose tattoos still looked cool af till the day he died was Lemmy btw.

1657677309535.png

Tattoos which have faded, stretched, blown-out or blurred over time are to me like wrinkles. They are lines on the map of your life. They tell a story which is as much if not more about you as the tattoo was the day you got it. When you were young and smooth and sleek both your body and your ink were shinier, sure. Just as a fine piece of furniture was shinier when the craftsman first made in in 1900, but it's the patina which develops with age that makes it unique and adds the real value.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Dared to put the about me video on and it’s taken 10 minutes for her to diagnose herself with ADHD 🧌

• Haha
Dared to put the about me video on and it’s taken 10 minutes for her to diagnose herself with ADHD 🧌
Oh my - do we think she's been reading here?

1657761184353.png

I am not watching 41 minutes of that dull witted narcissist droning on about herself btw so I shall have to rely on someone more masochistic than I to relate the highlights lowlights.

Oh my - do we think she's been reading here?

View attachment 1415485

I am not watching 41 minutes of that dull witted narcissist droning on about herself btw so I shall have to rely on someone more masochistic than I to relate the highlights lowlights.
Yeah, I tried watching it but I don't even know what she's going on about. I thought it was the reasoning behind her tattoos but it's just her talking about herself.

Should've just done a Q&A as most other YouTubers do.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, I tried watching it but I don't even know what she's going on about. I thought it was the reasoning behind her tattoos but it's just her talking about herself.

Should've just done a Q&A as most other YouTubers do.
She took 41 minutes to say her mum brought her up as a single parent and then died of cancer when she was 24 (sad I know but no-one's hating on her for that) that she has anxiety and depression and might have ADHD and dyspraxia from her self diagnosis, that she knew Yasmin from when she was young (she said let's talk about Yasmin as everyone asks about her, but didn't actually say anything else) and that her other hobby is she's obsessed with pizza, sushi and the weather? Like that was IT? She didn't reveal any interesting details in 41 mins and I still don't know much about her for an 'about me' video :)

• Haha
At the start of the video when she said she didn't have a script and it was going to be off the cuff, I knew it was going to be 40 mins of uninteresting waffle

• Haha
I saw you guys talking about her Dubai vlogs and tried watching a couple.... holy tit, that was dire. They really did nothing on that holiday but stay in the hotel, lounge at the pool, eat, and pop to the shop to buy Kitkats. Way to waste your time in a beautiful country!

• Haha
Yeah I’m a bit iffy about going to places like Dubai in general because of their obvious human rights issues, so the fact that people would go there and then not do anything that you couldn’t do in ANY OTHER RESORT ON THE PLANET is weird to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah I’m a bit iffy about going to places like Dubai in general because of their obvious human rights issues, so the fact that people would go there and then not do anything that you couldn’t do in ANY OTHER RESORT ON THE PLANET is weird to me.
Not just the human rights abuses. The very fact of Dubai's existence is an actual environmental disaster. It's not a real city. It is an artificially created tourist park. Even the bloody "islands" they all rave about are created, not natural formations. And the sand mining they did to create those islands wiped out hundreds of desert species and completely changed the exosystem of the ocean they were were plonked in. Everything needs to be imported. All food, all building materials, furniture, clothing, consumer goods. NOTHING is made in Dubai apart from money.

They're draining the groundwater at a rate that is completely unsustainable. That groundwater isn't just to service Dubai. It's all they have for the entire UAE. The air pollution is at levels threatening to health, the garbage piling up in overflowing landfill, sewerage polluting both groundwater and the beaches, human trafficking, massively powerful pweirdo rings living as protected species, half the workforce there are actual slaves.

For Miss Social Justice Warrior to carry on about it the way she does as the most beautiful place in the world and her favourite holiday destination of like EVER! really boils my piss.

Reactions: 5
I think it’s just the only summer holiday destination she knows as she doesn’t seem to travel a lot :) Can spend on eating out and tattoos though..

Another thing I find strange is that she doesn’t acknowledge the cultural appropriation of having a sugar skull tattoo.

• Haha
Another thing I find strange is that she doesn’t acknowledge the cultural appropriation of having a sugar skull tattoo.
And she never will because everything's OK when Lauren does it but Lauren has carte blanche to critique, censure, shame and harangue anyone she chooses.

1658136132034.png

Thought I'd watch the vlogs to see how boring they actually were and spotted this - find it incredibly telling when someone is AWARE of how unethical a country is and still chooses to visit?

Also I haven't caught up with her in sooo long, is her face a bit puffy or is it filler? No shame here she has just changed so much.

View attachment 1426098

Thought I'd watch the vlogs to see how boring they actually were and spotted this - find it incredibly telling when someone is AWARE of how unethical a country is and still chooses to visit?

Also I haven't caught up with her in sooo long, is her face a bit puffy or is it filler? No shame here she has just changed so much.
Yes she can’t put the family size bag of crisps, chocolate and countless takeaways down and she’s had jaw fuller, Shame she can’t have her jaw wired shut!!!

• Haha