Tom Cruise

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Closet/controlling/chip on shoulder for never winning Oscar, Scientology freak

Reactions: 12
Fair enough rant about people breaking rules, but the extent of the rant was there to be staged and all part of his ā€˜Iā€™m a good guyā€™ shtick - good old Tom giving people work in the pandemic, and people arenā€™t being grateful enough etc.
Heā€™s surrounded by people who lick his arse, heā€™s not on this planet

Reactions: 3
Tom Cruise confuses me. I feel so divided over him. I actually quite enjoy him in films, its the stuff about him in real life completely turns me off him.

Reactions: 6
Professionally, I can't think of another actor who puts so much effort and energy into making good movies and maintaining his 'brand'. His colleagues rarely have a bad word to say about him (the Thandie Newton article was taken out of context, IMO). He was a jerk in that clip, but we don't know what lead up to it or how many warnings he'd already given.

His personal life is... unfortunate. I think he was genuinely a victim of the cult originally, but he appears to have swapped over to perpetrator a long time ago. I'd be interested to hear what cult experts/scholars think of him.

Reactions: 4
If he was a lady, my ears would be ringing from all the ā€œKarenā€ screams.

There have been blinds over the past 20 years talking about his close relationship with David Miscavige (leader of Scientology and husband of a missing wife) - private motorcycle holidays and the like. In addition to former Scientologists talking about how Tom Thumb would personally administer corporal punishment (physical abuse such as beatings) to adherents who had displeased him or other senior leaders.

Also, I am pleasantly amused by the fish bleeping blinds that are clogging up rumour columns (I call bullshit / South Park style humour).

Because he gets back end from Mission Impossible and is an executive producer, heā€™ll be as screamy and threatening as any Weinstein type in order to keep production on track.

Reactions: 3
I have never understood his appeal, he does nothing for me. I perposely avoid any film that he is in, he comes across as false. And I can't stand his cheesy smile.

Reactions: 9
I can't forgive him for buying the rights to Jack Reacher when it's obvious he's too small to do the character justice.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Cher said she was one of her top five best-ever lovers, so make of that what you will.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
You don't speak to people like that, simple as. Yes, they were breaking rules and I can't blame him for giving them a telling off but that clip was disgusting and just painted him out as a psycho. And he's part of that abusive cult which in general makes me think it's not the first time he's acted like that. I hate how people are glorifying such behaviour as well - if it had happened in any other context, they would without a doubt be criticising him. I'm not starting a COVID debate but I think it's made some go mad and many have lost a sense of perspective.

Also, it seems like he was also yelling at people who were following the rules (appeared to be a large group and only some were breaking them) though the context isn't 100% clear.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone remember the incident at the premier of War of the Worlds when a fake interviewer squirted water at him from a water pistol microphone? He could have been cool and just laughed it off but no, he kicked off big time at the guy who did it and called him a ā€œjerkā€. I was actually quite embarrassed for him as he clearly didnā€™t appreciate being knocked off his pedestal. Narcisissists canā€™t be the butt of other peopleā€™s jokes.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Does anyone remember the incident at the premier of War of the Worlds when a fake interviewer squirted water at him from a water pistol microphone? He could have been cool and just laughed it off but no, he kicked off big time at the guy who did it and called him a ā€œjerkā€. I was actually quite embarrassed for him as he clearly didnā€™t appreciate being knocked off his pedestal. Narcisissists canā€™t be the butt of other peopleā€™s jokes.
The bloke who did it got arrested, didn't he?

Reactions: 1
I'm on the fence, he has shown he can be a fantastic actor(he was amazing in Magnolia) and he works incredibly hard on his films. I have heard hes super nice to people and makes an effort to learn all the crew members names. His personal life though......very very strange.
I cant help that everything he does is highly orchestrated by Scientology, I'd be interested to see how his life and career would be if he hadnt gotten into Scientology back in the day.
Btw i have actually seen the "chateau" in LA and its odd, cameras on all the streets around it and members cycling around the area keeping an eye out for anyone walking past.

Reactions: 4