Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics 2020/1

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Continued discussion of the Tokyo Olympics and the paralympics which begin Tuesday 24th August

And the future Paris 2024 games

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Looking forward to Johnnies Blade Camp on Channel 4 on Tuesday at 10pm. He was talking about it on Sunday Brunch and looks like it will be an interesting watch.

I am looking forward to the Paralympics now and also Tour of Britain that is starting in a few weeks time.

What has been everyone's top moment from Tokyo?

Reactions: 2
Overall... Ruby Tui's interview with Jill Douglas 🖤

British perspective... Sky Brown and Bethany Shriever.
Bethany Shriever for me too I think, she just went for it and what made it for me was how Kye White was at the side cheering her on and he was as happy as she was that she got gold.

Other than that the velodrome has been outstanding again, the track cycling for me is the most exciting of all and to see Matt Walls get gold and then Laura & Katie get gold was fantastic and then to top it all off Jason Kenny last night who I think just gave it all when it was needed was amazing it gave me goosebumps.

Other events I enjoyed were the mixed triathlon and the eventing especially Ben Maher and Explosion W.

My low point of the games was the show jumping round of the modern pentathlon, it saddened me to see the horse so distressed.

Reactions: 3
I can't pick, there was so many good points of the entire event.
I absolutely adored the energy of Dina Asher Smith. She has such a happy friendly vibe about her, I'd love to be her friend. Her interview where she broke done crying really got me in my heart.

Reactions: 5
I am looking forward to the Paralympics now and also Tour of Britain that is starting in a few weeks time.

For me it has to be the BMX events and Team GB’s success in those. Closely followed by Emily Campbell’s silver in women’s weightlifting and Sky Brown’s bronze in women’s skateboarding.

Too many to mention! Bethany Schriever and Charlotte Worthington winning their golds, the triathlon team gold, Emily Campbell's reaction after her lift, pretty much all of the taekwondo, and Tom Daley and Matty Lee getting gold - a lovely thing to wake up to on a Monday morning

Actually have to work this morning instead of watching the Olympics, pffft.

Radio 2 currently playing highlights and I’m going to cry all over again 😂

Reactions: 3
Don't know what to do with myself today!

I ams glad the games got the go ahead. I knew they would run like clockwork and they did. Hats off to Tokyo.

Personal highlight would probably be the Team GB women getting the bronze in the team gymnastics. Having been a follower of gymnastics for so many years, I never thought I would see the British girls break into that top 3, so that was amazing to watch.

The low point was not being able to see very much of them actually achieving it!

Other high points for me:

Holly Bradshaw finally getting a medal
Seeing three Team GB women in the 800m final and Keely's silver medal
Matty/Tom Daley getting his gold
The triathlon relay gold

Reactions: 4
Watching Laura Muir get silver in the 1500m was epic. The relay 4 x 100m - power of the men and women’s teams. Men missed out on gold by 0.01 seconds! And over to cycling: Laura and Katie get their golds in the Madison, just breathtaking. And Matt Wall get his gold for the Omnium the other morning. TeamGB cycling is on fire! 🚴‍♀️ 🔥

These Olympics have been awesome, I too am having withdrawal symptoms. Bring on the Paralympians!

Reactions: 4
I am the same today, feel a bit lost but watching some reruns. Really glad Tom Daley got a gold, he is still so young you forget how many years he has put into this. Hope he goes on to Paris.

Reactions: 5