Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every single movement a dressage horse performs can be done by any old nag prancing around in a field, showing off, they're just bred and trained to do it under saddle. It originally started with war horses, if you watch the Lipizzaners leap through the air and kick out their hind legs, that was to win wars. Horse welfare is front and foremost these days, there was a big fuss a few years ago over rollkur, people were riding around with their horse's head between it's knees, this headcarriage is incorrect and possibly damaging. Trust me, if your horse doesn't want to do something, there's precious little you can do about it!!! Dressage is beautiful, especially to music, watch and enjoy!

Oh yeah, the horses are worth around £500,000 each. They are gods!!
I love dressage its beautiful and intricate and all the little details I've done it myself a few times when I used to ride only managed to get 4th I love horses they make u feel calm wish I was still riding carl and charlotte have always been my inspiration, at one point my goal was the Olympics but I'll never get there now xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I also love dressage. I competed up to novice on a lovely mare, our best score being 76.6% we won a fair few.
I also competed on my little new forest a couple of times and we always managed second or third but never quite got that red rosette.
I really miss it.
hoping to get back in the saddle by the end of the year once I’ve lost a few more kgs!

Reactions: 3
What do you all think of the comments made by the coxless four team saying that their ‘smug’ predecessors would be happy about them failing?

I love dressage its beautiful and intricate and all the little details I've done it myself a few times when I used to ride only managed to get 4th I love horses they make u feel calm wish I was still riding carl and charlotte have always been my inspiration, at one point my goal was the Olympics but I'll never get there now xx
All I used to dream about as a kid was going to Horse of the Year with my beautiful cob. I sold him and I few years later he won 😩 We also had a half clydesdale, he used to tank off in dressage, do his best to trample the arena and jump the letters. Such a character!!! Pony club secretly hated me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Just caught the canoe slalom and another silver for Team GB!

By the way I would recommend watching Rob & Romesh vs team GB where they try a few different Olympic sports, had us crying with laughter.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Piers Morgan is a piece of tit
he is a disgusting human being. Everything he says is for a reaction and to incite hatred. I wish to god these tv companies would stop employing him and giving him a platform. He makes me sick

Reactions: 9
Just caught the canoe slalom and another silver for Team GB!

By the way I would recommend watching Rob & Romesh vs team GB where they try a few different Olympic sports, had us crying with laughter.
I saw the Andy Murray one, so funny. Need to catch up with the rest

Reactions: 1
I loved the gymnastics. Obviously it’s sad Simone couldn’t compete but it was such a great competition! Very happy for Suni! I almost cried when she cried!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What a final! Honestly so good to watch, wasn’t a walk over! The girls from the UK did well too 10 and 13. What a fantastic final

Reactions: 7
Outstanding Gymnastics!! So amazing, if Simone comes back it'd be fantastic but all these girls are phenomenal to watch!!

I wish jade had done the Carey.. she had nothing to lose! I felt so bad for her though with them all celebrating before she’d gone. I know technically she couldn’t medal but still found it a little disrespectful.
So please for Suni !

Reactions: 2
I can’t help but wonder if she and Osaka are either trying to shine a massive spotlight on mental health, are copying each other for attention, or are they throwing a bet?? 🤔 Two megastars crying off looks really really odd. Biles should be at the absolute top of her game right now, 5 years of preparation by the best in the world has come to this?
But then "normal people" can take medication if needs be, not an elite athlete, so maybe things just fester?
Simone Biles went through something extremely traumatic and then had to re-live it again when it became public. Add to top of that being the face of her sport and the face of the US Olympics team. It's extremely normal that she would suffer with her mental health as a result. There was enormous pressure on her to get gold at this Olympics.

Osaka then is the face of the host country. She would in all likelihood have skipped this if it were in any other country.

Claiming that either are doing it as attention seeking is an awful insight into how people view mental health. Particularly given Simone Biles is in a sport where not having your head in the game could mean life altering injuries.

Reactions: 12
Simone Biles has a lot on her shoulders. She’s basically the face of Gymnastics and keeps being hailed the “best of all time” it must be a tremendous weight on her psyche, as she probably feels if she makes a mistake, it’s game over. She is also now probably facing PTSD, because the last time she was competing in the Olympics is also when Nassar was revealed to be sexually assaulting her and the entire USA gymnastic team for years.

I can’t help but feel there’s a tinge of racism as it’s always black girls who get accused of “attention seeking” when they reveal they are struggling with their mental health and don’t want to compete.

Reactions: 10
The BBC having to mention that Simone Biles is spectating was such a joke. Just focus on the gymnasts there!!! Even some of the media articles are mentioning Simone :rolleyes:

It's good to hear about another US gymnast who will hopefully be more known to the public now too

The BBC having to mention that Simone Biles is spectating was such a joke. Just focus on the gymnasts there!!! Even some of the media articles are mentioning Simone :rolleyes:
Simone Biles is possibly the greatest gymnast in history. It is entirely normal that given her high profile and what took place this week that they would reference her. Her profile is not because of celebrity, it's because she is one of the greatest ever Olympians.

If Lionel Messi withdrew from the World Cup and was in attendance at Argentina games, BBC would mention him too.

Reactions: 12
Simone Biles is possibly the greatest gymnast in history. It is entirely normal that given her high profile and what took place this week that they would reference her. Her profile is not because of celebrity, it's because she is one of the greatest ever Olympians.

If Lionel Messi withdrew from the World Cup and was in attendance at Argentina games, BBC would mention him too.
Yes, great. Talked about it before but it becomes disrespectful to all the other athletes, and especially the US team when she's mentioned despite not competing in the event

No one is denying that she's a great gymnasts

~~

Olympics continues to be dramatic as ever. Unfortunate that some athletes have tested positive though

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.