Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was in the swimming yesterday? One of the British swimmers who won was someone who has had covid twice. They haven’t gone into much detail about it. Beth twedle did mention some countries had benefited from the lack of restrictions (aka Russia and the US) and the British girls didn’t
Restrictions is one issue, but the actual impact of COVID itself on anyone who had it is an issue (long COVID is such a nightmare). There are footballers who have really struggled for example to get back to full fitness.

Reactions: 1
I know someone before mentioned possible differences in access to training facilities due to covid restrictions but I’m somewhat surprised that there hasn’t been much discussion on potential long-lasting effects of covid on the athletes also
Guy Learmouth had to pull out of Olympic trials because of long covid.

Reactions: 1
Carl Hester and En Vogue did a spectacular job in the freestyle dressage. A couple of mistakes but he is a hot and inexperienced horse. Gone to the top of the table for now but 12 to go.

Reactions: 5
I do respect her. I also don’t see whs
Eurosport. I’ve decided to pay £4.99 for the month as none of the eventing will be shown live on BBC, just highlights and I want to stay up and watch the cross country. Not sure whether any showjumping will be shown on BBC either ☹
i believe the SJ phase of the eventing and the final day of pure SJ is going to be shown on the bbc. I doubt it will be the whole session though

If Simone Biles didn’t pull out and injured herself then she would have been attacked for that is I feel like she can’t win. She’s gone through a lot as that Instagram post pointed out and people constantly critique her. I remember people, even black women, complaining that her hair was too messy, her edges weren’t laid, etc. The very women who should have had her back and supported her were tearing her down.

Reactions: 8
Lottie Fry should be so proud of herself this week. She rides so beautifully!

Some brilliant freestyles today.

My god the comments on Twitter about Simone biles are shocking. I’ve had to stop reading them. Good on the girl for putting herself first. There must be so much pressure on her. People saying “why would you pull out of the olympics something you’ve worked your whole life for?”. Well she must be feeling rotten for it to get to the point where you decide not to compete. People have no empathy. And of course piers Morgan has to get his piece in doesn’t he. He’s such a toxic piece of tit

Reactions: 13
Dressage has been my new discovery of the 2020 olympics, I’m actually obsessed

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Re: Simone, I agree with a poster above who said it’s dangerous to compete if you’re not in the headspace! It’s not like swimming or running, where you might just swim or run a bit slower… the moves the gymnasts do make me cringe when I watch sometimes! They make it look easy but it’s so technical and dangerous.

No competition is more important than your mental and physical health, good on Simone for evaluating the situation and deciding to look after herself. It is heartbreaking for her as she has worked incredibly hard but to potentially sacrifice your health for a gold medal is just not worth it when you weigh the situation up. She is an extremely high profile gymnast and has so much to be proud of with what she has achieved. I hope that she is now taking care of herself and receiving the support she needs. Disgusting that people would make such hateful comments to her on social media, people just have no idea do they, would like to see them get up there at all let alone under the pressure Simone has had.

Reactions: 4
I’m sickened by some of the comments across social media about Simone Biles, most of them seem to be from men who have never set foot in a gym themselves and know duck all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.