Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably wise for her to pull out of the team finals if shes injured. Gives her a chance recover for the individuals and not get injured any further during the team competition

Reactions: 2
We'll see which it is if she turns out for the individuals.
That might be what they’re concerned about. She might only be able to cling on for one more so they’ve made the decision to withdraw from the team. Seems like they’ll get 2nd comfortably so can afford not to have her do it. She apparently had something where she got lost in the air which sounds like being disoriented and dizzy so I assume she needs to recover from that

Apparently the American media are reporting that it’s only the team finals she has pulled out of. Twitter is saying it’s a leg injury 🤷🏼‍♀️

I do still think it’s a mentality thing. The vault was a big mistake by her and I don’t think she’s ever had a real ‘down’ moment on such a huge stage

Quick edit - Oh nvm it is due to mental health reasons it seems. Apparently the broadcasters have confirmed that (according to Twitter again)

Reactions: 5
Apparently the American media are reporting that it’s only the team finals she has pulled out of. Twitter is saying it’s a leg injury 🤷🏼‍♀️

I do still think it’s a mentality thing. The vault was a big mistake by her and I don’t think she’s ever had a real ‘down’ moment on such a huge stage
Definitely. USA do have a tendency to pin their gymnastic hopes all on one athlete (previously Shannon Miller, Dominique Dawes, Nastia Liukin). I feel the rest of their team (who are all world class) don't get their dues.

Reactions: 5
BBC 1 back to talking to experts for the next several hours

I don’t mind having the input by an expert and they can be interesting, but going through highlights or the few live events (and only the smallest parts of them) is annoying. Plus, they completely overdo it. I just want to watch the damn sports. Save these interviews for the evening highlights programme rather than turning anything after 12:30 into it

BBC really just seems to forget that this isn’t about previous competitors and one highlight

Reactions: 6
I’ve had the gymnastics on while I WFH. Why are the BBC cutting back to talking to experts when people will be tuning in to see events

Reactions: 8
BBC 1 back to talking to experts for the next several hours

I don’t mind having the input by an expert and they can be interesting, but going through highlights or the few live events (and only the smallest parts of them) is annoying. Plus, they completely overdo it. I just want to watch the damn sports. Save these interviews for the evening highlights programme rather than turning anything after 12:30 into it

BBC really just seems to forget that this isn’t about previous competitors and one highlight
I was thinking the exact same! I’m watching Gymnastics and they cut to the studio during a rotation and barely mention GB. I switched to Eurosport.

Reactions: 3
BBC coverage is annoying me this year. I feel like it’s so hard to find events. I did have Eurosport on but I couldn’t hear one of the commentators so it was weird.

Question will Simone still get a medal if USA place? Because technically she did compete for part of it 🤨

BBC coverage is annoying me this year. I feel like it’s so hard to find events. I did have Eurosport on but I couldn’t hear one of the commentators so it was weird.
BBC Redbutton is showing gymnastics right now

The fact that the red button, which a lot of people don't seem to use, has better coverage than the main channel is a joke tbh

Question will Simone still get a medal if USA place? Because technically she did compete for part of it 🤨
They have 4 athletes and can mix and match between the team for the 4 events. Max Whitlock did 2 events out of 6 as the GB reserve yesterday.

Reactions: 1
BBC Redbutton is showing gymnastics right now

The fact that the red button, which a lot of people don't seem to use, has better coverage than the main channel is a joke tbh
Yeah it’s all the switching that’s annoying. So far it’s been bbc1, then 2, then 1, then red button and now back to 1 😂

Reactions: 4
Simone would have never been able to pull out if Martha Karolyi was still in charge. Wonder whether its injury or mental reasons - conflicting reports… hope she’s ok though!

Simone would have never been able to pull out if Martha Karolyi was still in charge. Wonder whether its injury or mental reasons - conflicting reports… hope she’s ok though!
The official statement from the US Gymnastics people just says 'medical' reasons (it was shown on the BBC a bit ago)

Honestly, she wasn't on her top game at qualifications either so I think whatever it is has been there for a while, just questionable on why the trainers didn't act on it and tell her that she should focus on individuals if she was able/wanted to. If this is a longer-term issue, I do still think it's a bit unprofessional to be pulling out in the finals, especially as it is a team effort

Reactions: 6
It must be incredibly tough being Simone Biles right now
What is going on with her?? She doesn't seem focused and into it this year. Maybe been too busy focusing on the new BF and less on training. Made a lot of mistakes etc, not normally like her.

Last edited:
GB Bronze in the Gymnastics? Was NOT expecting that after the selection process and leaving out Becky Downie. Delighted for the girls! Gadirova twins just 16 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.