Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Glad finally got to see a bit of dressage. Think it’s also going on the red button.

But assume bbc are also going to show women’s gymnastics now? So think I’ll be watching that.

Reactions: 2
It’s left a bad taste in my mouth that a lot of the Olympic events are hidden behind a paywall. I feel like that’s not what the Olympic Games should be about and it should be accessible to all. This will hurt the more niche events in the long run through lack of exposure. Money talks yet again.

Reactions: 13
It’s left a bad taste in my mouth that a lot of the Olympic events are hidden behind a paywall. I feel like that’s not what the Olympic Games should be about and it should be accessible to all. This will hurt the more niche events in the long run through lack of exposure. Money talks yet again.
Not to be goady but isn’t the bbc technically behind a paywall, we have to pay the tv license to view it. Yes, you can watch the bbc without paying the license but you shouldn’t really.

Not to be goady but isn’t the bbc technically behind a paywall, we have to pay the tv license to view it. Yes, you can watch the bbc without paying the license but you shouldn’t really.
I mean yeah, technically but a pop up on iplayer merely asking if you have a license that you can just say yes to regardless of the truth is hardly a huge barrier. You can still watch without one it’s just a bit naughty (like the bbc scaring people like myself into paying in the first place). The large majority of people have access to bbc programming in the uk already. Can’t say the same for Eurosport/discovery.

All I can say is it’s not surprising piracy and illegal streaming is thriving.

Last edited:
What on Earth is going on with Simone? I thought she was maybe injured but she’s back. The pressure on her back is insane. I wouldn’t be able to cope 😬

Reactions: 1
I wonder what’s going on with Simone. Too much pressure?

The Chinese girl fall off the bars looked painful.

Unpopular opinion - I can’t help but feel like Biles is being a bit unprofessional tbh. I also think it’s more a mentality thing atm than an injury

there’s an interview with her from a while back where she said she may retire after Tokyo because she’s in constant pain. I think she has since reconsidered the decision and put it back to France as he trainers are French (as I understand anyway) so she sees it a fitting end for her career

Reactions: 6
It must be so hard for Simone, even just the pressure of so much media attention whether she’s injured or not. But, not the way to react if it isn’t an injury…

I LOVE the Gadirova twins routines!!

Edit: pulled out of the whole competition… as in, the olympics? Or just the team final?!

Reactions: 3
I wonder if she’s got any PTSD after the coach sexual abuse scandal! I really feel for her!

Simon is just coming across as diva and insincere.

Loving the British twins!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.