Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm annoyed at how the Euros was on every single channel on the planet (that's what I felt like anyway) yet it's really difficult to find channels to watch the sport of your choice for the Olympics at no extra cost. I fortunate enough to be able to buy the channels/have them already but what about those who can't? I'm sure they would like to enjoy the Olympics too.

In my opinion, they've been really down played this year 😔 I'd rather the hype around the Olympics than a single sport which is known to cause violence and hate. I've never seen or heard of it when it's come to the Olympics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I'm annoyed at how the Euros was on every single channel on the planet (that's what I felt like anyway) yet it's really difficult to find channels to watch the sport of your choice for the Olympics at no extra cost. I fortunate enough to be able to buy the channels/have them already but what about those who can't? I'm sure they would like to enjoy the Olympics too.

In my opinion, they've been really down played this year 😔 I'd rather the hype around the Olympics than a single sport which is known to cause violence and hate. I've never seen or heard of it when it's come to the Olympics.
There’s been loads of complaints but the BBC said there’s nothing they can do. It’s a shame.

Reactions: 1
So disappointed that the BBC doesn't have the extensive coverage it usually does, I used to love being able to just watch stuff like the equestrianism for hours on end rather than just highlights.

I was going to sign up for Eurosport but can't find a way to get it in my telly and I don't want to have to watch it on my phone.

Reactions: 2
I feel like the lady who came second in the road race today is a bit bitter in her post race interview.. like, “well i would have won if I’d known she was ahead of me”.

• Haha
The men’s Triathlon is a great watch! 2 Team GB athletes are in the lead pack on the 10km run!

Well done Adam Peaty. I was listening to the 5 Live commentary and they were saying how sad it was his achievements have never really been recognised by the press or public. Unbeaten in a race for 7 years. Which is amazing tbh.
But in a way I thought he has the best of both worlds - top of his game, lots of endorsements, but still able to live a quite private life.

Reactions: 5
I’m watching Men’s 10m synchro diving final.

Tom Daley and partner are currently 1st after round 4/6.

Tom Daley and Lee Matty won GOLD in the 10m synchronised diving!!!

I’m watching Men’s 10m synchro diving final.

Tom Daley and partner are currently 1st after round 4/6.

Tom Daley and Lee Matty won GOLD in the 10m synchronised diving!!!
Matty Lee** but what a final it was so close!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I missed the last two rounds of diving as I was driving to work. So pleased they got the gold!

Boom! Another gold Tom Pidcock in the mountain biking.
The gold rush has started!

Last edited:
Watched Tom and Matty win, followed by Tom… great start to what’s going to be an awful day at work 🤣

hoping I manage to keep the GB ladies hockey match on in the background.. we need a win!

Manic medal Monday!!

I can’t believe Tom Daley’s finally got his gold 🥺 why can I not stop crying, so proud

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wow, what great news to wake up to!

Got the 'Going for Gold' theme tune in my head this morning.

Reactions: 3
Manic medal Monday!!

I can’t believe Tom Daley’s finally got his gold 🥺 why can I not stop crying, so proud
I was teary watching them too!!! So amazing! And his son got to watch it all as well (like he’s now old enough to understand what his dad does)

I was teary watching them too!!! So amazing! And his son got to watch it all as well (like he’s now old enough to understand what his dad does)
I held it together when they won, it was seeing them both crying at the medal ceremony that did it for me

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.