Toddler advice thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you mean?
Would you change his nap if you got a reply saying it was too long , or if a poster thought they should be dropping naps by now ?

If it's inconvenient for him to be having a long nap , by all means try and encourage a shorter nap , but I don't see the harm if he's getting quality sleep.

Reactions: 2
How long should a 2 year old nap for? My little boy naps for 1.5 hours still and sometimes takes ages to get up that sometimes it stretches to 2 hours. Is this too long? Tia 😘
As long as i wake him up by 2, he goes down ok. He goes nursery 3 mornings a week, so goes to sleep at 12.45ish, but the days he doesn’t, maybe 12? He would probably sleep for 3 hours, but I like him going to bed and not being a fuss pot 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
As long as i wake him up by 2, he goes down ok. He goes nursery 3 mornings a week, so goes to sleep at 12.45ish, but the days he doesn’t, maybe 12? He would probably sleep for 3 hours, but I like him going to bed and not being a fuss pot 😂😂
thank you! That’s what I do, make sure he’s awake for 2. It’s just he’s began waking at 5am/5.30/5.45 I was starting to wonder if the naps were the reason why!

Reactions: 1
Do you think it's too long for your households day to day routine? The people on the Internet aren't the nap police.

My 2 year old would sleep for hours in the afternoon if they weren't disturbed.
I don’t think anyone is being the nap police, maybe just giving their own experiences with sleeps?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How long should a 2 year old nap for? My little boy naps for 1.5 hours still and sometimes takes ages to get up that sometimes it stretches to 2 hours. Is this too long? Tia 😘
Does he go off to sleep at night ok and at a reasonable time? If so, I think it’s probably ok for now. If you start to find he’s taking ages to settle to sleep at night or his bedtime Is any later than say 7.30/8pm I’d maybe try to cap the nap time to an hour max and see how you get on

• Heart
Reactions: 5
thank you! That’s what I do, make sure he’s awake for 2. It’s just he’s began waking at 5am/5.30/5.45 I was starting to wonder if the naps were the reason why!
Oh, he didn’t have a nap yesterday and him and the baby decided 5.30 was the time to wake up this morning 🙃 it has not been a happy house today!
Is there any light coming in? Have the clocks changing affected it 🤔

• Heart
What time does he go to bed at night? Do you have a blackout blind or something on the window to keep the room nice and dark?

No light getting in! He falls asleep between 7-7.30 no problem
He was sleeping just fine after the clock change waking between 6.30-7 but the last couple of weeks it’s been 5am-5.45 🥴 anytime after 6 I can handle but before 6 I hate 😂

He was sleeping just fine after the clock change waking between 6.30-7 but the last couple of weeks it’s been 5am-5.45 🥴 anytime after 6 I can handle but before 6 I hate 😂
He may be getting hungry. Does he have snack or anything to eat before he goes up to bed?

Yer, before 6 is way to early. It’s a really long day for them also, even if they do have a nap
I just stuck the tv on for them this morning and we just chilled in bed. No way was I getting up and going down that early 😂

I usually give him a biscuit to have with his milk
Try and see if he would eat a slice of toast or something a bit more filling. It may just be the thing to keep him going a bit longer. I found with mine they would wake early during growth spurts and giving a bit extra food at dinner and toast or a small bowl of cereal before bed did the trick!!!

Reactions: 1
Try and see if he would eat a slice of toast or something a bit more filling. It may just be the thing to keep him going a bit longer. I found with mine they would wake early during growth spurts and giving a bit extra food at dinner and toast or a small bowl of cereal before bed did the trick!!!
ooh ok I’ll try that tonight! Thank you!

I agree with this … I too noticed my daughter was waking up early or she would have random screaming episodes (hunger) .. she would have tea at 5pm but to expect her to go from 5pm to 6am the next morning without food wasn’t fair. I give her a bowl of cereal like shreddies, Cheerios or weetabix before bed and it tides her over. I started making tea at 5 to eat at 5.15-5.30pm too so everything has shifted and it seems to be helping (fyi she’s 2.5) x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He’s never screamed when he wakes up he just wakes up and is ready for the day! I’ve gave him a bowl of Cheerios before bed anyway so hopefully that helps 😊 we will see tomorrow at 5am 😬😂 thanks everyone!

I agree with this … I too noticed my daughter was waking up early or she would have random screaming episodes (hunger) .. she would have tea at 5pm but to expect her to go from 5pm to 6am the next morning without food wasn’t fair. I give her a bowl of cereal like shreddies, Cheerios or weetabix before bed and it tides her over. I started making tea at 5 to eat at 5.15-5.30pm too so everything has shifted and it seems to be helping (fyi she’s 2.5) x
Oh my goodness, written down like that makes me feel guilty 😂 I always have a little snack at 9, and wake up starving! My poor kids 😂

• Haha
I’ve never thought of it like this I feel terrible now 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sorry both 😂😂😂but someone pointed it out to me and said well she’s having tea at 5pm and by 8pm she’s probably peckish so by 3am her belly will be really grumbly 😂I felt awful too!!!!! Even if she’s had tea abit later like 6ish or later I always offer cereal cos I think by time 7.30 comes she might have room to be full up again haha.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.