Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Daisychain4

VIP Member
People can be in love with someone without wanting to get married. Why are you even assuming he is in love with her? Why are you assuming Matt FORCED himself into their house?
T from the houses mouth told her viewers that Matt offered to move in with her. She was happy that he would do that. Enough for her to get busy and make room for his belongings. She also pointed out that she didnt have much furniture and Matt was bringing furnishings from the house where he was sharing with his friends, which she appreciated. Yet you assume he forced himself?
Standing out to who? The rest of the family?
You make loads of assumptions, look up her dads obituary, cousins, aunts and whoever else, but don't pay enough attention. I can think of several videos where Tiffany refers to Matt as her 'partner', not boyfriend or husband. Partner. Which is typical here in the UK. Nothing to do with Quebec.
---

Likely to be her at Matt that read comments. I have noticed both of them making snide remarks. When we was discussing getting fit, walking and walking more than a few meters around the garden centre! I noticed Matt visiting T the first day after surgery. T was trying to move her legs while she was under the epidural effects. Mat sniggered about how strong her leg muscles are due to all the walking around the garden centre. I don't believe that remark was coincidental. Similar with the exaggerated mmmmm's from both of them.
---

Thinking of you both x
---

It has to have been SU2C that disabled the comments with them being the owner. haha @ slyly foxing around :)
Daisy do you follow Jemma McGowan on Instagram? I think she is right up there with T, if not worse than T.
OMG … there’s another ‘our girl?’ Goodness me, I need to have a look!! Going to peruse over yonder! Do I need a cut lunch? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Saydee

VIP Member
Tiffany's parents were married, then estranged, but never divorced, ss per the obituary of her father, which I looked up. Tiffany's sister had two different religious marriage ceremonies, which are on you tube. Therefore, in In Tiffany's family, couples get married before living together . Tiffany even said so in one of her earlier videos. Tiffany refers to couples in her family as aunts and uncles. If a couple isn't married, only one of them is her aunt or uncle---not both, because if they aren't married, the partner isn't the aunt or the uncle. Only in a married couple will both be called aunt and uncle in her culture. For example, if she was at her aunt's house, and her aunt lived with a guy outside of marriage, that guy would not be called her uncle, but her aunt's partner. There are titles in families that are used only when marriage occurs between couples. This is 'Family 101'. Tiffany has not ever used the word 'partner' to refer to anyone in her family.

Also...note that in certain countries (Quebec as a province of Canada comes to mind) if a man and a woman live together for a certain amount of time outside of marriage, the other may automatically file for a 'common law' marriage. In other words, the state considers them married if they have been living together for 12 months.

Your de facto (common law) spouse is the person with whom you have been living in a conjugal relationship relationship for at least 12 months (any separation of less than 90 days does not end the 12-month period).

So, whether one likes it or not, the couple is considered married, and by that, all the spousal rights, etc etc....after 12 months of cohabitation in Québec. This is why a lawyer friend of mine told me that every summer, there are lots and lots of people changing apartments in Montréal--to avoid being married under common law.
In the US, various states have much longer times to be considered a 'common law' marriage.

Therefore, if Tiffany and Matt had been living in Québec for the past year, Tiffany would be Matt's wife, and Matt the husband! How cosy!!
I am failing to understand your point?
You stated you expected that matt would have given T an engagement ring before moving in. On the basis that " In Tiffany's family, couples get married before living together". And that automatically means that Tiffany should too?

Reactions: 1