Tier 3 Instamums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They all hang around together as they are just looking to boost each other’s followings by Collaborating. Also no other fucker is going to let them share everything.

Anyone else seen the Bestival parenting line up? It’s a full house of Instamum bingo. Anyway, people on Twitter are asking if it’s actually a spoof...
duck that! Absolute hell! I find this very bizarre,I went to the very first Bestival and Camp Bestival,twatty generic instamums is not what I would ever imagine Rob de Bank (The guy who started Bestival l) to book? Maybe it was purely financial,Bestival has not sold out in the past few years as there is so much competition,perhaps there are enough people out there who would pay to listen to MOD,FOD and Clemmie f’ing Telford ??

Reactions: 3
There is the beginnings of a questioning on the @campbestival IG page regarding the complete lack of diversity of the Parent Programme. I would urge everyone with a genuine objection, to go onto the page and question the line-up.

Reactions: 4
There is the beginnings of a questioning on the @campbestival IG page regarding the complete lack of diversity of the Parent Programme. I would urge everyone with a genuine objection, to go onto the page and question the line-up.
Thank you, to each and everyone of you who have commented on the @campbestival page. Camp Bestival has now responded and I would urge all of you whom recognise the lack of diversity to call them out on it. Please, please go over there and let them know this is not acceptable. The current defence is they have another tier of speakers which will be more diverse.....remember the years before 1945, when POC were officially considered second class citizens in America?

Reactions: 1
I'm back. Had to change my name. Don't mind those on the seaside trip but it does put me off the brand. They don't need to try so hard do they???? It was a popular brand anyway wasn't it?

Thank you, to each and everyone of you who have commented on the @campbestival page. Camp Bestival has now responded and I would urge all of you whom recognise the lack of diversity to call them out on it. Please, please go over there and let them know this is not acceptable. The current defence is they have another tier of speakers which will be more diverse.....remember the years before 1945, when POC were officially considered second class citizens in America?

Sounds like because Camp Bestival have been called out on the glaring lack of diversity they will now scramble together a new line up “representative bloggers”. It’s not the headliners for the Pyramid stage ffs no need to stagger the announcements ....

It looks like the "parenting programme" (jeez) was put together by Cat Sims (Not So Smug Now) so is it really any wonder that the line up is just a selection of her usual instamum mates? I mean, DLAM, clemmie telford, the ODs, the Pukkas, the Pizz up crew: they would all hang out together at the opening of an envelope anyway if you provided a graffiti wall and some Prosecco so it doesn't really look like great deal of effort (nor much thought) went into this. Sounds boring as tit anyway. The only frame of parenting reference for many of them are babies and primary school age kids anyway.

Reactions: 5
My 20s were hazy so excuse me... wasnt bestival the festival where there was a theme and you dress up? I vaguely remember an under the sea theme one year. When did it go so family friendly butlins?

Reactions: 2
There’s Bestival which is for grown ups and Camp Bestival which is the one targeted at people with young children. Camp Bestival always has a dress up theme. I went years ago, it’s good fun but indeed a middle class cliche with mums in glitter and hunters pulling kids in trolleys around. The prices have been hiked up a lot I think so it would be beyond the reach of most people now. When I went it was pre Instagram days: your phone didn’t really get any signal and ran out of power within a couple of hours anyway. It would be intolerable now with everyone waving their iPhones around to get the perfect photo for the gram.

There’s Bestival which is for grown ups and Camp Bestival which is the one targeted at people with young children. Camp Bestival always has a dress up theme. I went years ago, it’s good fun but indeed a middle class cliche with mums in glitter and hunters pulling kids in trolleys around. The prices have been hiked up a lot I think so it would be beyond the reach of most people now. When I went it was pre Instagram days: your phone didn’t really get any signal and ran out of power within a couple of hours anyway. It would be intolerable now with everyone waving their iPhones around to get the perfect photo for the gram.
I went one year and I remember being more family friendly, a bit like V festival in the day.

@campbestival are really getting hammered on Instagram for their lack of diversity and rightfully so.

• Haha
Oh the irony - second rate Clemmie (T) working in conjunction with Next when last year she was up in arms about them ripping off Scamp and Dude!

Show me the money!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh it seems next are on a role and when it comes to freebies people are happy to forget their principals.

This time Muthahood - who as a small business stood up for a amp and side accepting freebie T-shirts for daughters from Next.

I do wonder how Gemma would feel if they ripped off her Strong Girls Club stuff.

These grabbers have very short memories!

Reactions: 8
Oh it seems next are on a role and when it comes to freebies people are happy to forget their principals.

This time Muthahood - who as a small business stood up for a amp and side accepting freebie T-shirts for daughters from Next.

I do wonder how Gemma would feel if they ripped off her Strong Girls Club stuff.

These grabbers have very short memories!
I’m disappointed in Gemma,
She’s usually good with picking what brands she will work with

Does anyone follow Allison Sadler (if you don’t, you must). She has storied about the Camp Bestival thing. Worth a read.

Reactions: 3
Clemmie Telford has spent the last few days going on about dashing home, nearly wetting herself, cue lots of messages from posters about their own wetting incidences which she then listed - big co-incidence that today she’s a discount offer for some company selling pelvic floor exercise gadgets and announcing she’ll be running a competition with the company next week.

If I were one of the people who messaged her with their ‘funny’ wetting stories, I’d be feeling a little used now - she was just drumming up interest.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone follow Allison Sadler (if you don’t, you must). She has storied about the Camp Bestival thing. Worth a read.
Yep, she’s more or less nailed it. The same privileged, white, middle class women getting all the opportunities over and over.
Telford reckons she’s going to ‘address’ the lack of diversity in her set (or whatever you’d call it).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.