Tier 3 Instamums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suppose she wanted her laptop to write a fab review of her discounted hotel stay, maybe they’d charge her in full if they didn’t see proof of her side of the bargain?

I have no idea how this gifting malarkey works?

Reactions: 4
I suppose she wanted her laptop to write a fab review of her discounted hotel stay, maybe they’d charge her in full if they didn’t see proof of her side of the bargain?

I have no idea how this gifting malarkey works?
Well, according to the influencers (and ASA at one point), a gift meant that they were under no obligation to feature it on their feed or even give a positive review, so they didn’t have to disclose that it was a gift. It was a sneaky way of getting around the fact that it was actually an ad because none of them ever gave a negative review. That’s all changed now with with the new rules.

Do we have to assume there has been collaboration - either gift or payment wherever brands are tagged on a post? Sometimes it is obvious that there is collaboration but sometimes I'm not sure if a product may have been genuinely purchased. But why would anyone # a brand on a post unless there was something in it for them? Normally people cut all the tags off their clothes before they wear them, they don't advertise the brand as they walk down the street.

Posts that don't declare collaboration are deceitful and should be pulled up, but is there an obvious way to work out what is collaboration and what is a genuine purchase? Have I missed something?

CT is recently director of a company called Lists Live Ltd. Nature of business - exhibition and fair organisers. ? Is she taking her blog on the road?

Reactions: 2
Her exhibition will be a performance of how poverty stricken she is, with laments about her near 1mil home not selling and children teething and keeping her awake. Also about coping alone now that her husband's 3year paternity is nearly up....shock horror gasp.....she will be doing the school run ALONE!!!! The exhibits will include a drawbridge, a poster of that place in Cornwall (so affordable dahling!) and a bottle of gin. ?

On a serious note what did her and her husband work as before it all got too much?

Reactions: 6
Do we have to assume there has been collaboration - either gift or payment wherever brands are tagged on a post? Sometimes it is obvious that there is collaboration but sometimes I'm not sure if a product may have been genuinely purchased. But why would anyone # a brand on a post unless there was something in it for them? Normally people cut all the tags off their clothes before they wear them, they don't advertise the brand as they walk down the street.

Posts that don't declare collaboration are deceitful and should be pulled up, but is there an obvious way to work out what is collaboration and what is a genuine purchase? Have I missed something?
No, from now on they should state if they’ve had a previous collab with the brand, whether that’s through gifting or a paid partnership. What some influencers do though, is tag a brand when they’ve bought something themselves in the hope that the brand will send them further free stuff or offer them a paid partnership. They’re always on the lookout to grab something for nothing.

She worked for Instagram & Facebook not sure what he did but I know they were “bankrupt”

Her exhibition will be a performance of how poverty stricken she is, with laments about her near 1mil home not selling and children teething and keeping her awake. Also about coping alone now that her husband's 3year paternity is nearly up....shock horror gasp.....she will be doing the school run ALONE!!!! The exhibits will include a drawbridge, a poster of that place in Cornwall (so affordable dahling!) and a bottle of gin. ?

On a serious note what did her and her husband work as before it all got too much?
Brilliant! Who knows she might actually find some time to turn her front face camera off and just, you know, get on with the day to day life of being a mum?

She’ll probably have to leave half way through the exhibition though because Greta ‘needs her’.

Reactions: 3
She doesn't very nice. But I like yootubesuperstar2's idea for the exhibition. I wanna go on a drawbridge!!! ?
She must have quite a big ego to think she can take her lists live, if that is what she's doing. She 'curates' the lists, she doesn't write them, so will it just be her interviewing people?

Also that's an insane amount of profit on her house in such a short time. Did she do up the place? As for her husband, he looks a complete drip.

Clemmie T posting super expensive Keraste shampoo and conditioner & nit comb and saying FML.
She has no self awareness. Woe is me Clemmie!!! She should be hash tagging #thankful #lucky #fortunate She has everything! & wants more more more!

I’m sure that was just the image kerastase was hoping for when they gifted her the hair products

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Clemmie T is one of my favourite insta-mums so disappointing to hear a few people say she’s been stand-offish.

She’s just posted a negative review about the hotel she’s been staying in, even though it’s gifted. Good to see that she’s prepared to highlight where the hotel wasn’t for her even though she got it for free.

Have to admit....I just don’t get “brand Telford” and am surprised that marketiers are still using them so widely (speaking as a marketier myself). All the moaning, all the gurns, all the tatts, blah, blah....”oh just bore off” if she ever gets called out. An endorsement from CT would not inspire me to buy. But, each to their own - I guess she must appeal to lots (dull, unoriginal content too....just repurposing other people’s lists. A concept everyone is is copying now - and doing it better. IMO....)

I have to admit Telford has gone up in my estimation after that review of the hotel. It’s the first negative review I’ve ever seen from an influencer, although someone on MN said she still paid a whopping £320 (a night!) even after her discount.

Can’t help thinking that if more brands get negative and honest feedback on their products (which have been ‘gifted’ or discounted), then they’ll stop offering them. Which isn’t really a bad thing.

Glad to see CT writing an honest review but can’t help but wonder what she would have written if the entire stay had of been gifted (not just discounted)?

She was still paying a hell of a lot of her own money and therefore more likely to be critical.

Call me cynical but ?

So she doesn’t like it and tells them and they say that’s a shame.....wait....but I want my money back, hotel say no jog on.....right well I’m going to give a bad review?! Call me cynical..... maybe though they could have her back in 6 months for a #gifted and lo and behold they’ve fixed all her problems - yay!! I read the comments - MOD/Anna Mathur/Alison Perrie- oh Clemmie you’re so honest- well done you ?

• Haha
320 a night but only paid for 2 out of 4. Hell of a lot of money. They obviously didn’t invite her, she asked for it. She noted they didn’t pay for travel as usual travel reviews include. Makes me think she booked it and then asked for a discount . I own a restaurant in central London and the amount of influencers contacting daily for a free meal if ‘I do a story or post’...! The influencers always have over 100k followed and make of point of saying ‘ my bf and I would like to come and dine at your restaurant, I am xx and have xx amount of followers and in exchange for dinner I will
Do this , what you think...?’. Happens every day..!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.