Tier 3 Instamums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's the thing isn't it, they influence each other more than they influence their following. If you go back to the beginning of their posts, most of them come across as normal women, who you can relate to, at least in some ways. Then they morph into "mini me" personalities. They start their online presence talking normally but then adopt their street-cred persona using instamum language like "rockstar/superstar/awesomeness/these little squares" whilst throwing in the odd "f**k/turd/vag" to make out their really edgy, but they are just copying someone else. They pick up on lingo in the press too, "F bomb" seems to be the in word at the moment. What the hell did they do to get attention before social media? throw themselves on the floor in the supermarket (Waitrose obviously) or just talk over the top of everyone else?

Reactions: 4
They are a bit like teenagers in that sense. A bit naive and desperately trying out new ‘edgy ‘ identities.’ But without the self awareness to realise that they are walking cliches. They’ve got to be a bit thick haven’t they?

Reactions: 6
Omg is Clemmie Telford MODS single who’re female stalker. Now she had invisible frame glasses just like MOD!!! & CT wants to move to the seaside like MOD!! & they both had brunette blunt fringe bob hair then grew out and highlighted I could go on with so many other things she’s such a copy cat she doesn’t know who she really is
!!
Out of all the ‘Insta Mums’ Clemmie Telford is to me the most nauseating,she thinks she is cool as she has a few tattoos and has a better trainer collection but that stupid wrinkly face she pulls on her stories......and when she banged on about being poor a few years ago before Instagram rescued their finances! Nobody has the right to talk about poverty when you have those rocks on your finger! The two diamonds must be worth a duck of a lot of money’

Reactions: 4
Oh god help us, they’re all on a freebie holiday together now. The cringe is going to be coming at us from all angles for the duration of half term....I know I should just unfollow but there really is a morbid fascination in following their ridiculousness. Probably built into some invisible insta-algorithm that eludes us mere mortals. Must also be increasingly weird for CH to have her doppelgänger CT now trailing her on hols (although bet she’s a wee bit smug she’s the prettier, popular, “butch-tatts” free one!)

Reactions: 3
I think we can make some predictions. The wimmin will lip synch to Toto Africa later on, pub lunch with them banging on about 12 children, fod will rave, toddlers will be captured kissing each other, there will be ALL THE FEELS. Reality will be that everything will bleeping want to kill fod by the end of day 2.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
And how grim was that ‘sex talk with my eight your old.’ Those poor kids having that plastered over the internet for ever. It’s all kinds of wrong.

Genuine question....(and I’m not an instamum- far from it!) if you dislike these people, why do you follow them / watch their stories / consume their content? If I don’t like something or it annoys me, I just stop watching it? I’m honestly interested! It seems bonkers to me to spend my time doing something (following/watching someone) who makes me feel a negative feeling. They are a business....with anything else in life would you keep consuming a product from a business you dislike/don’t believe in?

It’s a compulsion - human nature, you just know you’re wasting your time with something but just can’t help it.

Reactions: 7
Genuine question....(and I’m not an instamum- far from it!) if you dislike these people, why do you follow them / watch their stories / consume their content? If I don’t like something or it annoys me, I just stop watching it? I’m honestly interested! It seems bonkers to me to spend my time doing something (following/watching someone) who makes me feel a negative feeling. They are a business....with anything else in life would you keep consuming a product from a business you dislike/don’t believe in?
Speaking personally, it didn’t start out like this. They all started as if they were normal mums, they’ve slowly morphed into these instagram parodies. It’s obvious now they were never normal mums to begin with. But they gained the trust of lots of mums like myself were at home with a baby and felt the need for some company, then slowly betrayed that trust by slyly selling stuff to their followers, pretending to be anxious/poor/suffering with body confidence in an effort to be relatable. Now it’s hard not to keep watching the mess unfold.

Reactions: 8
Clemmie T's gurning faces for her stories are beyond irritating, she won't actually talk in her stories because everyone will hear how incredibly posh and plummy her voice is and see through her faux edginess. And I was like :unsure: and THEN :cautious: AND THEN I THOUGHT :( THEN THIS HAPPENED :sneaky:

shakes phone in frustration

• Haha
Reactions: 5

They are compulsive viewing, they don't make me feel bad in fact they make me feel quite normal in comparison. I just find the psychology fascinating and I really want to know how long they can keep it up. :)

Shell and the littlies is killing me off. So many hidden ads. Never any genuine organic content and she comments on literally every insta ‘persons’ posts to look like she’s bezzies with everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
& don’t they realise we
Shell and the littlies is killing me off. So many hidden ads. Never any genuine organic content and she comments on literally every insta ‘persons’ posts to look like she’s bezzies with everyone.
ShellandtheLittle’s is a power hungry cow. And she follows you to get a follow back and unfollows you as soon as you do. Unfollowed back ha!

Reactions: 6
Watched stories last night and a mum mrshayward?? posting photos of her three kids fast asleep. To 14K people!!! Poor kids they have no say. I felt intruding just watching!

Reactions: 1
I agree. Spikey Mama is another one who just wants to be loved. Jumps on every good cause bandwagon going whilst at the same advertising her lavish lifestyle, with "look at me/it's all about me" pics, she has to be one of the most vain on instagram & twitter. She was a guest at Harry and Meghan's wedding last year, goes on countless holidays whilst making out how hard her life is bringing up her own children. Her daughter has autism and she has some really insightful things to say about the subject, but it is obvious that she's even using her daughter's difficulties for self-promotion. She also has cringe worthy website of the same name (spikeymama.com) giving out lifestyle advice to other mums, but her life is quite different to the majority of women trying to juggle work, child care and paying the mortgage. She tries to come across as just one of the gang but ends up just being vulgar and fake.

She seems sad and desperate, name drops at every opportunity, I imagine her friends are rolling their eyes. Still who needs real friends when you have a fawning instagram & twitter following to tell you how wonderful you are. I can't decide if she has an exceptionally fragile ego and is going to implode, or whether she is so full of her own self importance that she doesn't give a damn what people think. She's also another one who does not use #Ad.
Sorry been pulling up the drawbridge all this weekend ??‍♀ Yes to all on spikey mama- I stopped following, in fact I only followed for the reason above- I was trying to figure out if this was some sort of game? Maybe she’s being ironic and she’s not actually THAT pathetic and needy?! Nah.....she is defo that pathetic, I don’t think she’s ever lived in the real world, in the past before Instagram she was probably the mum that wanted the cool bag/car etc and now she’s late to this insta game so thinks if she vomit inducingly Nice that she will get in the gang!

Reactions: 1
No need to apologise for "pulling up the drawbridge" "having some me time" "finding oneself" ......all the "best" people have to go through it?

I no longer follow Spikey either, I just dip in and out to see how she's coping. I used to enjoy some of her fashion ideas, but felt cheated and somewhat naïve when I realised that so many of her fashion posts were brand promotions. The rest of her "human interest" stories and posts are toe curling. I don't think there is any game with her, looks like she has an overwhelming need to find fame .........do you think this may come from the fact her husband is a minor celeb?........ if you know anything about rugby, which I don't (I'd never heard of him).

Is she just a z list W.A.G?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.