This Mama Life #26 Sinbad’s off to sea sea sea but what about poor old me me me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sad sickness this is just another excuse to guilt Sinbad. She knows it’s probably anxiety and sadness because he’s missing his dad and she’s done sweet f all to help her kids and made it plain that Daddy being away is the most awful thing and they must suffer and be miserable about it.

Those poor kids. Honestly…
Just say Sinbad left the Navy, I think they’d be separated within a year. She wouldn’t be able to play the hard done by, put upon mum and I don’t think they get on particularly well. Her eating and anxiety disorders would be more obvious and while I don’t think he’s got much get up and go, I think even he would notice. What would she do then? What would she have to moan about?

Reactions: 11
Just say Sinbad left the Navy, I think they’d be separated within a year. She wouldn’t be able to play the hard done by, put upon mum and I don’t think they get on particularly well. Her eating and anxiety disorders would be more obvious and while I don’t think he’s got much get up and go, I think even he would notice. What would she do then? What would she have to moan about?
How would she cope knowing he was away to work for 11 or 12 hours a day, 5 days a week? I mean, that’s like giving up your husband for 40% of the year! 🙄

Reactions: 7
How would she cope knowing he was away to work for 11 or 12 hours a day, 5 days a week? I mean, that’s like giving up your husband for 40% of the year! 🙄
For a mum account, she’s so tone deaf. It’s tough when you don’t feel well and you’ve got small people depending on you but what does she think single parents/widows do? You hit the nail on the head, compared to a lot of others she really doesn’t have a lot coming over her. She’s so self-centred

Reactions: 9
She could not be more different to Jodie Spacagna. She could take a few tips out of her book.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have to say the Rice Krispy photo made me worry even more about Isla. You can tell that the child is naturally bigger boned and I just dread to think how her teenage years are going to be with a Mother starving herself and still trying to shoehorn her into clothes 2 sizes too small. If Isla makes it to 18 without an absolute raging ED I’ll be completely amazed.

• Sad
I have to say the Rice Krispy photo made me worry even more about Isla. You can tell that the child is naturally bigger boned and I just dread to think how her teenage years are going to be with a Mother starving herself and still trying to shoehorn her into clothes 2 sizes too small. If Isla makes it to 18 without an absolute raging ED I’ll be completely amazed.
Especially if Sarah continues with the enforced ballet and tap lessons. It’s clear that Isla doesn’t want to be in dresses or skirts and that’s totally fine. She wears trousers or shorts to school every day and lives in football kits or jeans outside of school.

Reactions: 8
I think she should speak to a GP about medication and get referred (or self-refer) for counselling to help her cope especially during deployments; she is clearly struggling.

Reactions: 7
Guilt tripping Sinbad again this morning. Just no need to share her child's struggles with strangers.

I have absolutely zero experience with a military partner so someone educate me please but is it normal for her kids to struggle this much with deployments when it's all they've ever known? Not the same thing but I have friends whose partners work ad-hoc offshore so can be called away for a couple of months out of nowhere & if anything the kids deal with it better than the adults, they seem to just adapt & I've always put this down to it being their normality.

I have absolutely zero experience with a military partner so someone educate me please but is it normal for her kids to struggle this much with deployments when it's all they've ever known? Not the same thing but I have friends whose partners work ad-hoc offshore so can be called away for a couple of months out of nowhere & if anything the kids deal with it better than the adults, they seem to just adapt & I've always put this down to it being their normality.
No its not normal and it’s happening because of Sarahs own attitude and behaviour around it. Those kids are hearing & seeing all the negative things shes putting out there and are mirroring it back. If Sarah was positive and upbeat and was putting a happy spin on it the kids would be far better. Sarah in my opinion is doing this deliberately - she’s deliberately choosing to have this down in the mouth negative miserable attitude and shes doing it to emotionally manipulate Rob, its so transparent. Shes bleeping those kids up mentally & emotionally and it’s honestly a disgrace

Reactions: 27
Good grief….. what a martyr!!! My husband works away 6-8 weeks and is home for approx the same! We chose this, it works for us, my kids know nothing else and we just get on with it!!! Yeah it’s sad when he goes but we reiterate to them, that without work we wouldn’t have nice things! STOP MOANING 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 16
I used to work in a nursery on a military base and even the pre-schoolers didn't struggle as much as Sarah's kids. Some of those parents were away for 6 months+ at a time and those 3/4 year olds all just got on with it. As with Isla though it was all they knew, it was the normal to them. It's concerning at nearly 9 Isla hasn't adjusted to it being the norm.

Reactions: 10
Even when Sinbad does finally come out of the Navy she will still be moaning. It will be ‘Just think how much the kids have missed out on by Someone being away so much’ ‘If only Someone had left earlier we could have done this when they were younger’ and when they finally move ‘home’ and it’s pissing down and freezing all Winter it will be ‘I really miss the milder weather down south and the lovely friends we had there’. The grass is always greener to Sarah.

Reactions: 15
I'm not at all surprised Isla is struggling. She has watched her mother on the verge of a breakdown, her half term has been spend in a car driving the length of the country, had a short visit with her Dad and is now back in school without any proper downtime. The kid is probably emotionally and physically knackered.

Sarah's narrative is the same every time he is away. Hates the navy, hates living down south, not the life she wanted blah, blah. Isla will have picked up on this. Imagine being a child who has spend her entire life in England but her own mum refuses to refer to the house they live in as home.

Sarah is a broken record. A woman on the edge. She either has to put her big girl pants on and accept this is the life she has signed up to for the next few years or move back to Scotland now whilst he finishes his service or take the hit of the pension and tell him he has to leave seeing as he apparently has the skills which will land him a much better paid job out of the navy.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m a navy wife. Not far from her. I have 6 children. I work. My children never struggle when hubby away. They are so blasé about it because I’m here. Yes it’s bloody hard at times. This is his first deployment. An 8 month one. After losing my mum. I now have no help with kids. I have brilliant friends. They all have their own lives though. Don’t get me wrong if I needed them they’d be there. I’m in a lot worse position financially and watching her moan, when she has the means, she does. Drives me mad. I only followed her for a couple of weeks. That was enough. My husband is Scottish so his family are all up there. I’m not in my hometown at moment but our home is wherever we are together.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She’s been on the verge of tears in every video for weeks, she needs to bury her phone.

Botox is wearing off at one side, one of her eyes is lower than the other .

I haven’t won the lottery or saved up enough to retire early yet which is my dream life but you don’t hear me crying about it evey day into my phone wishing my current life away.

Family who work off - shore have managed to raise great stable kids now young adults with their dad away for months of the year without the drama .. she needs to stop complaining.

Isla getting upset at drop off most likely means she doesn’t won’t to go into class and is probably having a hard time at school , nothing to do with dad being away she will be saying that as she knows her mother will relate and react. Poor girl is probably getting teased for the tit her mother puts online

Jesus Christ how can she be so ignorant to what’s going on in front of her nose .

she’s never going to change until she’s ready to help herself. She needs someone close enough to say it how it is and give her a rude awakening as it won’t happen.

Reactions: 8
She seriously needs some professional help. She’s obviously very near to tears in that story from this morning. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s barely holding things together. How her family or close friends don’t intervene - all the more so given her ED history rather than despite it - is beyond me.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.