This Mama Life #26 Sinbad’s off to sea sea sea but what about poor old me me me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow tuna and cheese on pancakes is a new one on me.

Surprised she didn’t cover it in haggis and irn bru to honest.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Off all the unhinged behaviour she has displayed cheese & tuna in a pancake is the most concerning 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What age is isla??? Surely she must now have friends or people the tear above with phones what an awful picture to share online presumably without her permission
I came here to say the same thing!!
She’s in year 4 at school so 7/8 years old/ish? Certainly an age that her peers have access to YouTube.

My daughter is 10 years old and starting senior school in September. All of her friends have smart phones, iPads, laptops etc and she would be mortified if I let anyone other than her aunts and Nanna’s see photos like that pancake photo of Isla. That’s a cute photo to send to Rob, not to share with the faceless masses of the web. Thankfully my OH is a programmer and has been completely anti-sharing anything kid related online since day 1. I feel so sorry for kids growing up and having friends (and bullies!) seeing all their innocent childhood photos and vlogs about potty training them 😬

It was bad enough when my mum got out the old photo albums to show my best friend or boyfriend, never mind every future boss having access to them!

Reactions: 8
I came here to say the same thing!!
She’s in year 4 at school so 7/8 years old/ish? Certainly an age that her peers have access to YouTube.

My daughter is 10 years old and starting senior school in September. All of her friends have smart phones, iPads, laptops etc and she would be mortified if I let anyone other than her aunts and Nanna’s see photos like that pancake photo of Isla. That’s a cute photo to send to Rob, not to share with the faceless masses of the web. Thankfully my OH is a programmer and has been

completely anti-sharing anything kid related online since day 1. I feel so sorry for kids growing up and having friends (and bullies!) seeing all their innocent childhood photos and vlogs about potty training them 😬

It was bad enough when my mum got out the old photo albums to show my best friend or boyfriend, never mind every future boss having access to them!

My eldest he's just gone 12 and he will.give permission for pictures to be posted... yes we have the daft pictures but there in the family what's app.

Reactions: 4
My eldest he's just gone 12 and he will.give permission for pictures to be posted... yes we have the daft pictures but there in the family what's app.
Yep my youngest 12 is the same. Knows his rights and doesn’t want to be plastered all over social media. One of the main reasons I came off Facebook

Reactions: 1
She’s got the itty bitty baby cutlery out for Lachlan again. What is she worried will happen if she gives him normal cutlery? We all know he can use it so why does she keep giving him the tiny baby cutlery?!

Reactions: 7
She’s got the itty bitty baby cutlery out for Lachlan again. What is she worried will happen if she gives him normal cutlery? We all know he can use it so why does she keep giving him the tiny baby cutlery?!
It’s probably for a stupid reason like he can only move on from toddler cutlery once she has baby number 3 on the way

Reactions: 6
Not only does the poor kid have baby cutlery but his mother insists on broadcasting it to thousands via her social media account. The age of social media really has shown so many people up to be massive bores hasn’t it!

We’ve seen him using ordinary cutlery st school so why does she insist on using baby stuff for him at home? Sarah you’re bleeping weird

The baby cutlery for the kids is in the same vein as her using tiny side plates and bowls for her own “meals” of rice krispies etc - its all tied up with her disordered eating. Small dishes and baby cutlery equates to small food portions. She’s obviously got some mental block regarding letting the kids eat normal portions of food on appropriate dishes with appropriate silverware.

Reactions: 7
We’ve seen him using ordinary cutlery st school so why does she insist on using baby stuff for him at home? Sarah you’re bleeping weird
Because he is mama’s baba. And if she does this then mama can pretend that she still has a baby. Because babies somehow make her feel more like a mama than older children, even though this baby wasn’t a ‘good’ baby, so she has to make up a new extended baba stage so she can enjoy being a mama to a baba.

And of course, baby content and brand work is very compelling for the insta huns.

Reactions: 4
She is the one of the last “instamums” to still have some kind of “mama/bump” name. All of the others have rebranded and found a new niche. Lara is now some finance guru, Jess is a journal coach, Lucie does fashion.
Sarah is still trying to cling on to ThisMamaLife even though her audience has moved on. She’s still trying to edit vlogs from a year ago FFS. Does she really think anyone cares to watch them?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Why would she even bother with a vlog from a year ago? The kids will have changed so much since then, no one probably gave a tit at the time and even less so now

Reactions: 8
I wonder how often is she skipping meals? It’s really rather worrying.
I sometimes don’t feel like eating with the children, especially when my husband is at sea. However, eggs on toast, baked potato or even just pasta with sauce and veg. None of these things create much washing up and she has a dish washer so it’s not really a drama!

Has she said anything more about how being at home on her own with the children rather than in Scotland has been increasing her anxiety?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.