Things you tried in 2021 (tiny or big!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wanted to do a thread of "2021 achievements" but I thought maybe that had an end-of-year-performance review vibe about it 🤣
Please share what things you guys are proud of starting (or quitting!) this year...

E.g I got a bike and a car for the first time & am getting over my fear of being on the road, on both! I've been taking adult swimming lessons. I've tried being sober on & off which has helped my well-being & relationship with alcohol

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I flew for the first time in July. I travelled from Birmingham Airport to Belfast then back to East Midlands Airport, my local one (there wasn't a morning flight out from there). I did it just to see what flying was like.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I've driven a car for the first time on my own! I don't know if it counts as I'm a new driver but it's something I said I was going to achieve this year and I have done 🙂

Reactions: 7
Awesome! Did you enjoy it?
I certainly did. I had seats right at the front, which gave me leg room. It was quite surreal once we were flying above banks of cloud. They looked like some snow-covered arctic landscape. There were times when the plane seemed to be hovering on the spot because it was taking so long to fly over some larger formations. I'd definitely do it again.:)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
A plant based diet - I stuck with it most of the year after Veganuary but had occasional lapses. I want to try it again :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I got back to weight training 💪🏻
I haven’t done it for years properly (like 10+).
I’ve only been back at it the past few months, and I can already see and feel results.
I work in Physio, and I’m always telling my patients it’s about finding an exercise you enjoy, otherwise you won’t keep it up. I hate cardio! Always have! Yet over the years I’ve forced myself to do it, but I never keep at it, because I don’t enjoy it.
It’s actually bollocks, that you have to cardio in order to lose weight.

It feels ‘new’ to me, as I’m still getting used to it being part of my routine.
I’ve been recovering from a breakdown I had last year, where my yo-yoing weight, chronic low self esteem and history of eating disorders was a major catalyst.

Reactions: 4
This year I wanted to re-learn all the hiragana (Japanese alphabet, the 1st one). I've got a month & a half left and I'm almost done but I have pretty much not done any in like past 2 months. I really want to finish it this year and then move onto katakana (Japanese alphabet for words of foreign language, like names of people & things that don't have a Japanese word) next year.

Reactions: 5
I started taking ice skating lessons! I was a little nervous starting to learn as an adult but I absolutely love it. I definitely excited to boss the rinks at the Christmas markets 🤪⛸

• Heart
Reactions: 3
These are amazing 😍 I started following a plant based diet, cut my hair shorter and going to therapy.

Reactions: 2
I started saving money and actually having a plan each month for my money rather than pissing it all away.

Its not huge amounts or anything but its meant that ive been able to redecorate our living room which I've wanted to do for so long, Christmas is sorted and paid for already, and in the new year we can get my daughter a new bed and redo her room too. So I'm pretty pleased with myself and eager to keep it going next year 😊

Reactions: 5