Things you have missed out on during lockdown

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2 soon to be 3 and maybe more (who knows when this will be over) holidays. A very close family members wedding, being at work. In my job this is the best part of the year. Seeing close family members, Easter traditions etc etc. It’s so weird, I’m from a huge family and even the smallest ‘event’ has about 20 people so this has really been a shock to the system.

But you know what? I’d give all of that up and more, so that everyone I love stays safe and healthy :)

Reactions: 4
We missed out in our family holiday but no worries- there'll me more!

I was worried that my daughter was missing out on her bday but she said it was her best bday ever 😂

Reactions: 1
Being unable to leave the UK and be reunited with my family 😢 it’s just one cancelled flight after another, but luckily I haven’t been unwell

• Sad
Being unable to leave the UK and be reunited with my family 😢 it’s just one cancelled flight after another, but luckily I haven’t been unwell
Sorry to hear that, I hope you get a flight soon! I just noticed your profile pic and knew straight away which thread you must spend time on ha ha 😂

Missed out on the office banter. It's not the same over video call. I am glad we locked down though.

Positives: it has been good to recharge in respect to having to attend things out of habit/obligation so the weeks have been a bit less structured, which is nice for a little while. Also spent more time with partner at home, whereas before, work and hobbies meant we were busy a lot and our time together was mostly spent with us being exhausted.

My main thing has been the school events that had been planned. The Easter concert, they were doing a race for Life, end off term shows.
I feel lucky my daugthers young enough that I have years of this stuff left but it still makes me sad.

• Sad
As sad as it sounds I miss the commute to work. I didn’t realise how much I cherish that half hour alone in my car to just have for me and singing very out of tune to my music 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was worried that my daughter was missing out on her bday but she said it was her best bday ever 😂
My daughter said the same but she's 5 so any day where she's centre of attention is a dream for her 🤣 my 7 year old cried though as she had a better birthday than him 🤷

• Haha
I missed my 40th celebrations, I had lots planned but it was right at the start of lockdown so I spent it alone. I missed going to Buenos Aires as part of my celebrations, my best friends hen do to Portugal and her wedding which should have been yesterday.

But my Dad has been in hospital since 7th April due to Covid, so it puts everything into perspective.

• Sad
4 West End shows
A concert
A trip to Amsterdam
A trip to Florida
Many birthday celebrations
A half marathon race
A baby shower/meeting my new niece

...and counting 😑

• Sad
A mammogram. Will be typical for me if when it finally gets rearranged, they find something suspicious that would have been ok if only it had been found sooner :rolleyes:🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 4
A mammogram. Will be typical for me if when it finally gets rearranged, they find something suspicious that would have been ok if only it had been found sooner :rolleyes:🥺
Where are you? A good friend had one last week NE England (all fine). Hope you get an appointment ASAP X

Where are you? A good friend had one last week NE England (all fine). Hope you get an appointment ASAP X
Am in the East Midlands, it's frustrating as it was being done at my GP surgery, risk factors would have been pretty low with the use of masks.

• Heart
Am in the East Midlands, it's frustrating as it was being done at my GP surgery, risk factors would have been pretty low with the use of masks.
Yes my friend said she felt really safe, but even though she was the only person in the waiting room she said she still ended up waiting an hour for her appointment 😂 Really hope you get seen soon X

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My bday (although it was actually quite nice and chilled in lockdown), a weeks holiday to Devon, seeing the killers, my brother in laws 40th, seeing my boyfriend, and surprisingly I miss going into the office and doing the school run 😱

What!? I had no idea they had cancelled important appointments like this!
Yep, the appointment came in the post only to be followed a couple of days later by a cancellation letter. All routine cancer investigations were suspended. Am pretty sure they have started up again, so will just have to wait while they go through the waiting lists.

I have a history of bizarre, seemingly simple health issues turning out to be serious or life threatening!

SEX !
I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it's true. Of course I've missed my friends and family, that goes without saying, I don't even need to put that as who hasn't.

But I've missed the intimacy of being with someone. He's not local as we are in a long distance relationship + I fall into the vulnerable category having asthma so not seen him since mid March. Looking forward to the day that people from other households can stay overnight 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5