Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I've missed out on getting to see my nephew grow. He was 4 months old when we went into lockdown. We did a socially distanced park meet as soon as the restrictions were lifted, and he's grown so quickly and changed so much.

At the end of the day though, I feel like it's been a small sacrifice to make, as all of my family and friends have remained in good health. My FIL had to have an emergency heart bypass last month, but luckily he didn't contract coronavirus on top of it and he's recovering very well at home.

Reactions: 6

Glamourelle

As sad as it sounds I miss the commute to work. I didn’t realise how much I cherish that half hour alone in my car to just have for me and singing very out of tune to my music 😂

• Haha

squarebutton

VIP Member
I feel I’m lucky in that lockdown hasn’t been too bad for me. I am very much a home bird and enjoy being at home.
I don’t see my family THAT often but I’m looking forward to seeing them when I can and giving my brothers doggy a big cuddle.
I’ve missed being able to pop into shops and have a look around but these are trivial things to me.

GossBoss

VIP Member
SEX !
I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it's true. Of course I've missed my friends and family, that goes without saying, I don't even need to put that as who hasn't.

But I've missed the intimacy of being with someone. He's not local as we are in a long distance relationship + I fall into the vulnerable category having asthma so not seen him since mid March. Looking forward to the day that people from other households can stay overnight 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

JOHN1967

VIP Member
I've missed out on getting to see my nephew grow. He was 4 months old when we went into lockdown. We did a socially distanced park meet as soon as the restrictions were lifted, and he's grown so quickly and changed so much.

At the end of the day though, I feel like it's been a small sacrifice to make, as all of my family and friends have remained in good health. My FIL had to have an emergency heart bypass last month, but luckily he didn't contract coronavirus on top of it and he's recovering very well at home.

Same here, my wifes twin nieces, one of which is our Goddaughter, they are about 17 months old, they are lovely, anyhow she called me uncle for the first time yesterday.😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Cocopops12

VIP Member
2 soon to be 3 and maybe more (who knows when this will be over) holidays. A very close family members wedding, being at work. In my job this is the best part of the year. Seeing close family members, Easter traditions etc etc. It’s so weird, I’m from a huge family and even the smallest ‘event’ has about 20 people so this has really been a shock to the system.

But you know what? I’d give all of that up and more, so that everyone I love stays safe and healthy :)

Reactions: 4

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
A mammogram. Will be typical for me if when it finally gets rearranged, they find something suspicious that would have been ok if only it had been found sooner :rolleyes:🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Trip to Disneyland Paris - first time for the kids. Luckily we planned to keep it to ourselves until the day, so they never actually knew. I still cried a bunch when it was confirmed DLP was closed though. Bought Paris 2020 hoodies and everything which will now probably go to waste😭

My birthday which was meant to happen in DLP. I was so down in the dumps on my birthday this year with everything going on I just wanted to hide in bed. Had a right face on me for the whole day. Wasn’t really fussed about it being my birthday more the fact we should have been in Disneyland seeing the kids have an absolute ball.

My youngest childs birthday. Promised her her first proper party with all her friends from school but obviously that never happened. She had a great day at home but I wish we could have done more.

Those are the big 3 anyway. I just want this year to be over now I am well and truly sick of the whole shit show.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3

Bronx

this year was going to be the year I moved up north and started a new life, instead I’m stuck in a job I loathe and in a flat that has no garden.
I’ve realised how much I miss being able to wander into town with my husband and go for a meal, especially as it’s getting warmer.

• Sad

Gossipmongers

My sister in laws hen do and wedding
My 25th birthday celebration in London
My first smear test
Not something I missed but something I lost: my job
And finally I missed my family, I don’t live close to them and I haven’t seen them since last year, my dad has a kidney disease which he has been battling with since I was a child so it has been hard not seeing him for so long 🙁 Also my mum caught Covid-19 back in April which she really struggled with due to her being asthmatic and it was hard not being able to see her, even from a distance and I still haven’t due to her living a 5 hour drive away 😔

• Sad

Welsh1

I missed out on my graduation for uni and seeing my brother get married (will now happen next year).
Also, my mum is a huge fan of Celine Dion and has always wanted to see her in concert, I saved my bum off last year to buy us both a ticket for her september show in Manchester and that will more than likely be cancelled so I'm really gutted for my mum with that one.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
2 holidays, a close friends wedding (And hen do), first months of new baby relative, 2 festivals, 3 concerts and various other events we had tickets for that I can’t even count now.
Buying our first home is also now up in the air which means spending probably at least another year renting.

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Tublet83

VIP Member
Am in the East Midlands, it's frustrating as it was being done at my GP surgery, risk factors would have been pretty low with the use of masks.
Yes my friend said she felt really safe, but even though she was the only person in the waiting room she said she still ended up waiting an hour for her appointment 😂 Really hope you get seen soon X

• Haha

Notothefakes

VIP Member
My family have missed seeing my baby boy since he’s been born. I can’t say I’m as bothered about the in laws missing it 😂.... I obviously never with hold my children from them, they’re their grandparents but they do judge me a lot and it’s been nice to be in a bubble without them questioning the heat of the house or his clothes or whether he needs feeding again he’s only just fed and does he really need a dummy... just experienced from the past, oh and the baby talk I can’t cope with it. Has you waked up? Why would you talk to a child like that?! So lockdown hasn’t been that bad 😂

Whythough

Chatty Member
Meeting my nephew properly, only seen from a distance. No cuddles 😥 he's now 8 weeks old.
My sisters 30th celebrations, my grandads 70th and two hen do's. Oh and potentially our holiday to florida depending on the situation in October.

Reactions: 1