Things you have missed out on during lockdown

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I appreciate that lockdown has been very testing for some people and I do not intend to sound insensitive to anyone. Just thought we could all share if anyone has missed out on anything during lockdown such as an important family event, a birthday etc.

I have missed out on attending a very closed family member's very intimate wedding during lockdown.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I've missed out on getting to see my nephew grow. He was 4 months old when we went into lockdown. We did a socially distanced park meet as soon as the restrictions were lifted, and he's grown so quickly and changed so much.

At the end of the day though, I feel like it's been a small sacrifice to make, as all of my family and friends have remained in good health. My FIL had to have an emergency heart bypass last month, but luckily he didn't contract coronavirus on top of it and he's recovering very well at home.

Reactions: 6
I missed out on my graduation for uni and seeing my brother get married (will now happen next year).
Also, my mum is a huge fan of Celine Dion and has always wanted to see her in concert, I saved my bum off last year to buy us both a ticket for her september show in Manchester and that will more than likely be cancelled so I'm really gutted for my mum with that one.

Reactions: 3
I've missed out on getting to see my nephew grow. He was 4 months old when we went into lockdown. We did a socially distanced park meet as soon as the restrictions were lifted, and he's grown so quickly and changed so much.

At the end of the day though, I feel like it's been a small sacrifice to make, as all of my family and friends have remained in good health. My FIL had to have an emergency heart bypass last month, but luckily he didn't contract coronavirus on top of it and he's recovering very well at home.

Hope your father is recovering well and feeling better! It is lovely to hear that you got to see your nephew again.

I appreciate that lockdown is very important and we are all doing our part to keep everyone safe but you can never get some moments back in life and it's just nice to talk about them 😊

• Heart
I've missed out on various trips I had planned for my husband, our 3 year old and I. I was hoping to make our last couple of months as a family of three really memorable before our baby girl comes at the end of the month. Instead weve been stuck in the house at loggerheads, driving one another up the wall 😔

My first weekend away with just my husband in 7 years for our wedding anniversary, lots of birthday celebrations and seeing family but I have to say I have really enjoyed lockdown, being home all day with my favourite people and dog has been heaven!

I feel I’m lucky in that lockdown hasn’t been too bad for me. I am very much a home bird and enjoy being at home.
I don’t see my family THAT often but I’m looking forward to seeing them when I can and giving my brothers doggy a big cuddle.
I’ve missed being able to pop into shops and have a look around but these are trivial things to me.

Reactions: 6
this year was going to be the year I moved up north and started a new life, instead I’m stuck in a job I loathe and in a flat that has no garden.
I’ve realised how much I miss being able to wander into town with my husband and go for a meal, especially as it’s getting warmer.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My birthday was at the end of April and it was also our 10 year anniversary together. We had a city break to Poland booked. Got the hotel money back but the flight was with Ryanair, say no more....

At the beginning the year we had vague plans to get married round about our anniversary. It was only ever going to be a tiny register office affair with hardly any guests, but for obvious reasons now I'm glad we put it off.

Other than that it was just a couple of gigs that have been postponed until next year. I think I've been lucky in all this as I have barely any family to see and I always enjoyed working from home as I can be an antisocial bugger. I'm grateful.

2 holidays, a close friends wedding (And hen do), first months of new baby relative, 2 festivals, 3 concerts and various other events we had tickets for that I can’t even count now.
Buying our first home is also now up in the air which means spending probably at least another year renting.

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Same here, my wifes twin nieces, one of which is our Goddaughter, they are about 17 months old, they are lovely, anyhow she called me uncle for the first time yesterday.😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Lots of things

city break for friends 50th
Chelsea Flower show
Billie Eilish gig - daughters bday present
Taylor Swift at Hyde Park - other daughters bday present
Summer holiday

Missed out on 3 of my kids birthdays, late March, April & May, it’s my birthday this month & my husband’s in July, didn’t plan that very well 😂

Meeting my nephew properly, only seen from a distance. No cuddles 😥 he's now 8 weeks old.
My sisters 30th celebrations, my grandads 70th and two hen do's. Oh and potentially our holiday to florida depending on the situation in October.