Things to do during lockdown

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The area I live has went back in to complete lockdown and I am looking for ideas on things to do to keep me occupied as I started to stuggle during the last full lockdown in March, there's only so much tv you can watch and food you can cook.

I have been on furlough from work for 7 months so no work to keep me occupied
I have no kids and my parter works full time from home
I live in a very small area which we aren't allowed to leave so outside activities can't really be done.

I have been trying to read a lot and take language classes but that's not enough to fill all the hours in the day šŸ˜«

Decluttering your house, DIY, minor repairs, painting, desktop publishing, home crafts.

These are a few I've started trying my hand at

Try to teach yourself something new? Amazon has loads of things on there you could try. I taught myself to knit during lockdown whilst I was furloughed. I just bought some needles and wool off Amazon and watched a youtube video.

You could bake, exercise, de-clutter/organise your home.

Reactions: 1
Thanks for the suggestions, I just moved in to a new home this year so no decorating/decluttering to be done!

I have been trying to do a 45 min exercise video every day but again that doesn't take up much time.

Learn something new, knitting/language/baking. Get a qualification, open an online shop, offer to walk a neighbours dog. Make Christmas presents for your family, make your own cards.

Reactions: 2
Teach yourself something new... I learnt (well, still learning) candle making during the first lockdown.

Reactions: 2
Learning a second language might be beneficial. (It can be a challenge, but I loved learning English when I was a preteen.)

Do some volunteer work in your local community - covid-permitting.

Iā€™m out of work at the moment so Iā€™ve been doing matched betting to try and earn myself a little bit extra.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - I'm currently learning a language, I moved abroad from the UK last year so I am learning Spanish online.

Reactions: 1
Make some homemade Christmas presents! Seen people making personalised chocolate puddings out of terry chocolate oranges and white fondant!

Do you live by any woodlands or could go exploring? We've lived in our house nearly 5 years and only just discovered two lovely 1 hour walks just 5 mins walk away

I second learning something new - maybe crochet, knitting, embroidery? There's lots of tutorials on Youtube. If you have an iPad/tablet then digital illustration, calligraphy? Baking? Maybe a language on Duolingo?

Free online courses - Could be career related or just for fun.

Paint by numbers or big puzzles (as they can be pretty time-consuming)

Gardening - If you have room in your garden then you could maybe set up a patch to grow some fruit/vegetables?