Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

abitfairytale

Teach yourself something new... I learnt (well, still learning) candle making during the first lockdown.

Reactions: 2

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Learn something new, knitting/language/baking. Get a qualification, open an online shop, offer to walk a neighbours dog. Make Christmas presents for your family, make your own cards.

Reactions: 2

Am49704

Thanks everyone for the suggestions - I'm currently learning a language, I moved abroad from the UK last year so I am learning Spanish online.

Reactions: 1

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Try to teach yourself something new? Amazon has loads of things on there you could try. I taught myself to knit during lockdown whilst I was furloughed. I just bought some needles and wool off Amazon and watched a youtube video.

You could bake, exercise, de-clutter/organise your home.

Reactions: 1

Am49704

Thanks for the suggestions, I just moved in to a new home this year so no decorating/decluttering to be done!

I have been trying to do a 45 min exercise video every day but again that doesn't take up much time.

Mayday

VIP Member
I second learning something new - maybe crochet, knitting, embroidery? There's lots of tutorials on Youtube. If you have an iPad/tablet then digital illustration, calligraphy? Baking? Maybe a language on Duolingo?

Free online courses - Could be career related or just for fun.

Paint by numbers or big puzzles (as they can be pretty time-consuming)

Gardening - If you have room in your garden then you could maybe set up a patch to grow some fruit/vegetables?

Am49704

The area I live has went back in to complete lockdown and I am looking for ideas on things to do to keep me occupied as I started to stuggle during the last full lockdown in March, there's only so much tv you can watch and food you can cook.

I have been on furlough from work for 7 months so no work to keep me occupied
I have no kids and my parter works full time from home
I live in a very small area which we aren't allowed to leave so outside activities can't really be done.

I have been trying to read a lot and take language classes but that's not enough to fill all the hours in the day 😫

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Decluttering your house, DIY, minor repairs, painting, desktop publishing, home crafts.

These are a few I've started trying my hand at

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Learning a second language might be beneficial. (It can be a challenge, but I loved learning English when I was a preteen.)

Do some volunteer work in your local community - covid-permitting.

Lauz666

Do you live by any woodlands or could go exploring? We've lived in our house nearly 5 years and only just discovered two lovely 1 hour walks just 5 mins walk away

RoseBush23

Make some homemade Christmas presents! Seen people making personalised chocolate puddings out of terry chocolate oranges and white fondant!