Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

no-no

VIP Member
People droning on about autism or some heavy topic, even worse when it’s second hand. Shoehorning it into lighthearted stuff. Every big thread on here ends up going on about n*urodivergence or walls of life stories, doesn’t matter what it is. Such a buzz kill when you just want to read about the topic 🤣 Yes I am a curmudgeon and no this isn’t aimed at anyone in particular, because it happens all the time 🤪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

CarmenGhia

VIP Member
When you're having a light-hearted scroll through some glambot pictures of the Met Gala or the Oscars or something, and come up against a wall of comments saying "but what about Gaza (or whatever cause)?"
The two things are unrelated.

Reactions: 24

Starlight_100

Chatty Member
I'm actually shocked at how many people treat Easter like Christmas, with presents to open, Easter trees and the lot. I have a feeling it's another American thing that's made its way over to the UK.

• Sick

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Everyone jumping on the bandwagon about the Sat's being a massive pressure and withdrawing their kids. I do get some will have struggles anx stresses with it especially if they have special needs but each year there seems to be a rise in people saying their kids cant cope etc , sometimes I do think parents push that feeling onto their kids , i don't remember it being a big deal when I did them and the same for my eldest a couple of years ago, the school didn't seem to pressure them at all
Part of life is learning to deal with stresses. These kids are going to be too cotton wool wrapped to ever deal with the real world. 🙄

• Heart

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
I’m diagnosed with ADHD but honestly don’t even mention it in my day to day life now, even when I have reason to. It’s become such a big thing and apparently everybody has it to the point where I feel like my diagnosis means absolutely nothing anymore. Real ADHD isn’t being cute and quirky and - OH A SQUIRREL like everybody seems to think it is. Sick to death of it, it’s like a few years ago when everybody used to go “oh I need my house to be tidy because I’m soooooo OCD”

• Heart
I have an old acquaintance on my social media who likes to not so subtly brag about how much sex he supposedly has and how he thinks he is better than other people because he was sexually active from an early age. He’s basically the one man version of r/ihavesex

Today, he posted about one of his high school friends who was hit by a car and died. He posted a photo and it was like “George passed away 13 years ago today. He would have been 30 now. I think about him every day. We had been best friends since childhood and for a couple of months before his accident we started sleeping together. We kept quiet about it because he was just coming to terms with being gay, and I was still friends with his ex-girlfriend.”

Did you need to get that in there? Could you not have just said you were in a relationship? I don’t know if this poor guy was ever out to anyone else but still, I wonder how his family feel about this post? Not to mention the creep factor of a man in his thirties posting this about someone who was a teenager when he knew him. If anyone else is on the Marcus Mitchell thread it felt very familiar!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

Mamacita

VIP Member
Everyone kicked off at Jo Frost (supernanny) the other day for posting about the link between iPads and ADHD. She had some really good points like sorry if you’re sticking an iPad in front of your kid to soothe them from a very early age you are encouraging them to be inattentive and have a lack of emotional regulation, which heavily mimics the symptoms of ADHD. They can’t concentrate properly because they haven’t learned the natural ability to put up with “boring” tasks like schoolwork because they get a tablet or phone shoved at them to mindlessly scroll tiktok or YouTube.

There needs to be a huge study of today’s iPad kid generation because it is genuinely terrifying.
Yeah I mean it's exactly the same with adults. I can see with myself that the more I use my phone, the harder it gets to concentrate on tasks needing longer attention. And the impact on developing brain just be crazy

BonBon27

VIP Member
Day in the life 🙄 but especially if they include “Went to the Big Tesco…..goods secured”. Ugh. Do please fuck off, you aren’t on an undercover drug smuggling heist. Goods secured. Do me a favour 🙄

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Do you think they scour the news waiting for the next big death to get their art supplies out, or do you think they’ve got a few big ones ready just in case?

It’s all a bit morbid if you think about it.
The sickly artwork person rushing home to draw some artwork when a celeb pops their clogs

Paddington not far behind them

• Haha
  • Heart

RandomFrog

I'm actually shocked at how many people treat Easter like Christmas, with presents to open, Easter trees and the lot. I have a feeling it's another American thing that's made its way over to the UK.
It's the social media effect isn't it? Got to show you can buy the most/have the most crap in your house no matter the 'event'

• Heart

gimmethattea

Chatty Member
I've already seen a post of a way over the top "the Easter Bunny" has been and it's worse than Christmas. They have Eggs and bunny feet all over their house, along with balloons, bunting, banners and of course, lots of new toys, books, sweets and crafts.

• Wow
  • Sick