Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dot_Cotton

Chatty Member
I saw people disgusted about giving a kid a box of microchips. Lock me up and throw away the key. I love a box of fries to go!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Kim Mild

VIP Member
People speculate and give advice on the speculation, then appear annoyed the op hasn't followed said advice.

Then the op gets accused of making their scenario up.

Reactions: 14

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
I saw people disgusted about giving a kid a box of microchips. Lock me up and throw away the key. I love a box of fries to go!
I could not understand this post (until I got to the last bit) microchips in my world are
1637653274202.png

Just to add in case anyone thought I was being judgy I would have no problem feeding my grandkids microwave chips here and there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

WilmaHun

VIP Member
and whenever her name pops up these kind of post usually follow:

‘are you going on a jog from Johannesburg to Cape Town tomorrow morning?’
‘I just ordered Chinese … from the only takeaway in the Lake District’
‘Just gonna flick my bean’
‘I’m just gonna have a glass of wine’ … ‘J Creek by any chance?’
‘Did you trib the night away?’
Yeah but did you type this whilst wearing only nix and crocs?

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Snippysnips

VIP Member
What gets me is people who are like "am so done taking about this" so because they are done then that means everyone else isn't allowed to then talk about it at all because they don't want to lol

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
The people who moan when you make a thread because their thread title wasn’t picked or was butchered to fit into the thread title box because it was three lines long and full of expletives 🙄

The ones who speed onto a thread encouraging people to report to the ASA or to a brand because Mrs Hinch farted or some other inanity. don’t get me wrong I understand why people report influencers (especially when Hinch was promoting Sylvanian Families but didn’t say they were only suitable for over fours!) but tbh a majority of Joe Public just think tattle is a nest of spitting raving trolls, we really don’t have any sort of power. I’d imagine that reporting an influencer en-masse just means that David from the ASA rolls his eyes and carefully bins each email 😆 Once would do…!

• Haha
  • Heart

urghmummybloggers

VIP Member
One upmanship - there’s always a few ladies that didn’t just give birth, they prepared a Christmas roast, took the dog out, dyed their hair and then built Ikea pax furniture 6 hours after birth.

Along those lines - there’s always someone calling their children autistic with no grounds.

Fat people and I am a fat person taking threads very personally 😂 my sisters brothers girlfriends niece is skinny and has the worst acne for example - cool
But this influenced probs has it because she is morbidly obese hun

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Pambo

Whatever age an influencer is, express surprise, and claim you honestly thought she was +20yrs older. Or your partner did.

"This is getting boring now." The ultimate sin to commit. A thread should always strive to be entertaining to Tattle's unelected judges of good taste, and if you break that rule by insisting on posting on a topic of discussion they don't wish to continue reading, expect the report button to be bashed until the entire thread is locked. Because if they don't enjoy it, then no else one gets to either.

Bashing Mumsnet for being cliquey and toxic without a shred of irony.

Reactions: 12

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
Influencer posts photo of child
Tattle: oh my god, can you believe it? She doesn't love that child. If she did she'd respect their privacy.

Influencer doesn't post photo of child
Tattle: oh my god, can you believe it? She doesn't love that child. If she did then she'd share them, she must be embarrassed about them

I don't think that young children should be in public social media (whether you're an influencer or not) but they can't win here.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Dot_Cotton

Chatty Member
Thread’s always seem to turn into a bit of a pissing contest over who has it worse. Pages and pages of personal experiences, about their own suffering or narc parents or their illness. I think that stuff is just better in off topic or advice so then people that want to read it can and those that don’t can read things about the thread topic only.

SwimmingPigs

Chatty Member
Reporting an Influencer for not declaring an ad properly ... I've always found that discussion quite boring (life's too short)

Gemgemgemgem

Or they report the
Great thread, bravo! My gripe is the critics on here of the mummy influencers, the ones who’ll tell you they’ve never stepped a parenting foot wrong. I dislike the mum influencers partly for making me question my parenting. But oh my goodness I don’t need to go to insta to make me feel crap about being a mother, some of the people on here will tell you they are 100% perfect, that their child has NEVER consumed a fish finger or if they have only on every sixth Friday when there is a full moon and only ever as a treat. Or the accounts on here that have their own brethren of sheep just like the influencers do, so if you try to tentatively and kindly challenge a point of view you get shot down in virtual flames. Tbh it’s really bugging me now as some accounts on here have a lot of influence and not in a good way…….and isn’t that why most of us came here coz we were sick of behaviours like that from the influencers. Basically tattle check yourself before you wreck yourself because I reckon your most vocal and loyal contributors may destroy you by turning a lot of people off. Sorry all for the essay. Peace and love to you all! Xx

totally agree! And the built the furniture in sub one hour too, lol

I’ve also noticed a clique of accounts on here who’ll defend one another from anyone who dares voice a different opinion. You’re so right.

Reactions: 10

Dogleggedhat

VIP Member
Agree with some of the ones that have been mentioned :-

-everyone is a narc these days,you can’t just be a cunt,you have to be a narc

-comments about influencers actual ages (‘I’m fifty years older than her and look way
younger’/ can’t believe she is 32 I swore she was late 40s)

-the food police regarding the food influencers kids eat is just ridiculous. Nobody is allowed to give their kids any sugar or processed food or make a bit of effort with their packed lunch. Would love to know what these parents are feeding their kids.

-when influencers complain about something stupid there is always someone saying ‘try working two jobs and not getting home until 9.30 then having to clean the house,cook dinner,do bath and bed for the kids’ or ‘you have a headache? Try having xyz condition then you can complain’. Don’t dare complain about something trivial ffs (don’t get me wrong,some influencers are in their own bubble and their complaints seem unrelatable at times but come on,we all have first world problem complaints at times).

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Stillwater

VIP Member
The smattering of Patsy from Absolutley Fabulous avatars. Is that intentional misdirection - I never know which one I am looking at or who’s said what where. V clever if it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
When you’re debating with someone and it’s turned pointless one person will always continue to back n forth to try to get the last word in just so they got the last word 😂

Reactions: 8

2xblended

VIP Member
When you’re debating with someone and it’s turned pointless one person will always continue to back n forth to try to get the last word in just so they got the last word 😂
I don't even bother. I just say "sorry" and peace out of the discussion immediately, even if I'm certain I'm in the right. They can have the win and the last word, I'm saving my peace of mind and free time. :LOL:
Or the accounts on here that have their own brethren of sheep just like the influencers do, so if you try to tentatively and kindly challenge a point of view you get shot down in virtual flames. Tbh it’s really bugging me now as some accounts on here have a lot of influence and not in a good way…….and isn’t that why most of us came here coz we were sick of behaviours like that from the influencers.
Hard agree! Happening across various threads and it's really ironic that they don't notice they're doing exactly what their despised influencer is doing. :rolleyes:

Oh and there's always someone who only pipes up to tell people to stop policing the thread. Ironically, it is usually that poster who is doing all the policing. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: 7