Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Those little ferret things attached to a ball that moved around on their own.. what were they even about ๐Ÿ™ˆ
That has just reminded of those fluffy worm things on a string that you would wrap around your arms and stuff. They were always sold in gift shops like the Sealife centre and stuff.

Reactions: 12

Hello Kitty

VIP Member
I remember as well as the frufoo yogurt there was another one called 'Sprinklez' or something and it was a red and white yogurt pot with a clear plastic lid that had hundreds and thousands or sugar shapes in, and you mixed them with your strawberry yogurt. Loved them!!! i'm going through the old argos books now :ROFLMAO:
Was Frufroo the yogurts with a toy in the middle? If so, they also done little chocolate ones with yogurt in too. They were amazing, I think they were Onken?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

emm

VIP Member
Kids tv on the telly from half 3 till tea time then Rhubarb and Custard !!! Blue Peter as a tv studio show... no more... Found it to watch on iplayer to my class last week... It's rubbish...like a web shorter version๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ
i said this on another thread! also the educational primary school programmes that were on all day on daytime tv, i dont see any anymore?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There was a music channel where people submitted their own videos of themselves lip synching to songs.
I'm gonna say it was around 2007, as the most common song I remember seeing was Grace Kelly by Mika.

There was also Starz TV where people sent in texts and it showed up on the screen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Summerdaysx

Sorry I haven't read through the whole thread so I dont know if these have been mentioned but Spira chocolate bars!! These were always my favourite.

Reactions: 10

lemonlime

VIP Member
Melissa Joan Hart. What even is she doing these days? She was all the rage through Clarissa Explains It All and Sabrina.

Reactions: 9

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Is it just me or does nobody buy tacky souvenirs anymore? I remember going on holiday as a kid and having to buy castanets or dolls in national dress for my mates or the next door neighbour bringing us back a hideous piece of tack, usually a key holder with a thermometer shaped as a Spanish guitar, to say thanks for looking after her cat. Iโ€™m guessing itโ€™s since the advent of budget airlines and travel becoming more accessible and not a novelty any more (well obviously pre Corona).
Also writing and sending postcards.

• Sad

Somerville12

VIP Member
Yes!!! There was a BBC prog letters and sounds!!! I 've been teaching 14 yrs I remember on my yr 1 teaching placementin teacher training wheeling the school tv on its trolley to the class to watch it mid morning, before interactive whiteboards , internet and iPlayer in svhools!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†!! Before it was bloody renamed phonics and we said what sound does that letter mske... Instead of "what phoneme is that?" .. We used to say sound the word out to get to have a go at spelling acword. .. NoW it's " segment it" I miss the old common sense teaching days ๐Ÿ˜ซ

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Public telephone kiosks. They were a familiar sight, dotted around our towns and cities. I'm not talking about the red K6 phone boxes, many of them are listed thank goodness. I'm talking about the cheap looking things.

Somerville12

VIP Member
Kids tv on the telly from half 3 till tea time then Rhubarb and Custard !!! Blue Peter as a tv studio show... no more... Found it to watch on iplayer to my class last week... It's rubbish...like a web shorter version๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
Pot "fucking" pourri.

Chemically pongy lurid coloured lumps of unidentified matter.
Everyones mum had bowls/wheel barrows full of the stuff in the 90's.
Middle class types used it instead of gravel for their drives and patio surrounds it was so ubiquitous.
Maybe it's still popular though tbf.

• Haha
Reactions: 8