The White Lotus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have 1 episode to go.

Obsessed.

The characters are so annoying but I don't want it to end.

Anyone else feel the same?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Have binged the whole 6 episodes, loved it! I think most of the characters were deliberately unlikeable, but not all, particularly Belinda 💕.

I’m half way through. Not sure what direction it’s going yet but my god I hate those teenage girls!

Reactions: 5
I’ve just binged this. I loved it. Hopefully there is another series x
a second series has been commissioned which will have new guests
and obviously a new manager

• Haha
  • Heart
Well I obviously knew there was a body but the last 10 mins of the last episode were not what I was expecting!

It was SO great! A very well-written, enjoyable mini-series.

I thought ...
At first, I thought the guy on his honeymoon would kill his bride; then I thought what's-her-name's new guy was going to cark it; then I thought Arnuld was going to OD ... I was obviously completely wrong! 😆

What was the relevance of the lady giving birth in the first episode? Did it link into anything else?

Reactions: 1
I binged watched it the other day and felt that I disliked practically all the characters apart from a select few. I liked poor Belinda and Quinn the teenage boy. I found Armond to be quite funny.
I have to say though the pineapple room was not as nice as the palm room.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I enjoyed it!
confused why Paula wanted that boy to steal her necklace?I must have must something?

I’d like another series!

I enjoyed it!
confused why Paula wanted that boy to steal her necklace?I must have must something?

I’d like another series!
No, Paula wanted him to ...
steal Nicole's jewellery (one of the $75k bracelets at least)

What was the relevance of the lady giving birth in the first episode? Did it link into anything else?
Nothing at all ... it was a bit weird

Reactions: 3
I loved it but dare I say it I was a bit shocked at what they showed in the first and the last episodes - I must be getting prudish in my old age !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I’ve watched 2 episodes of this today and am really enjoying it so far , a good not too heavy watch but the husband of the journalist (don’t know anyone’s names yet) is awful !!! Shut up about the bloody pineapple room ffs

I really enjoyed it

I am quiet confused about some ends that weren't wrapped up though. Like what happened to kai, Paula, I think it left some ends open for the 2nd season even though it is meant to have a new cast. Also why was the Australian hotelier who lived on the island who was killed put on the plane back to the US. Is he even dead 🤔

Reactions: 2
I enjoyed it!

I’d like another series!
She didn’t want him to steal her necklace as such, she needed a ruse of putting something into the safe so that she could overhear the safe combination, then tell it to her duck buddy so that he could steal Nicole’s bracelets.

Not a clue. I’m a bit irritated by that bit: such a major component of the first episode, yet it ultimately had nothing to do with the ensuing plot and was never mentioned again 🤷‍♀️

I quite enjoyed it, but I do think the earlier episodes promised something better than was actually delivered. Four episodes might have worked better than six; there was a bit of a lull in eps 4 & 5 where it was basically just showing everyone unravelling and getting arsey with one another in order to set up a number of antagonisms and potential murderers/victims, and the whirring of the plot cogs was a bit too visible.

Overall message: people are essentially selfish and do crappy, thoughtless things to other people, but if you’re rich and white you’ll probably be ok in the end. Oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I absolutely loved it!
Loved the scene where the son turns round from getting on the plane and goes back to boat crew!

I wonder if s2 will carry on with the cast or introduce new characters?

She didn’t want him to steal her necklace as such, she needed a ruse of putting something into the safe so that she could overhear the safe combination, then tell it to her duck buddy so that he could steal Nicole’s bracelets.

Not a clue. I’m a bit irritated by that bit: such a major component of the first episode, yet it ultimately had nothing to do with the ensuing plot and was never mentioned again 🤷‍♀️

I quite enjoyed it, but I do think the earlier episodes promised something better than was actually delivered. Four episodes might have worked better than six; there was a bit of a lull in eps 4 & 5 where it was basically just showing everyone unravelling and getting arsey with one another in order to set up a number of antagonisms and potential murderers/victims, and the whirring of the plot cogs was a bit too visible.

Overall message: people are essentially selfish and do crappy, thoughtless things to other people, but if you’re rich and white you’ll probably be ok in the end. Oh well.
my take was the unexpected pregnancy/birth was the start of the manager's spiralling out of control, he felt very guilty he had been sharp with her whilst in labour

Reactions: 12
my take was the unexpected pregnancy/birth was the start of the manager's spiralling out of control, he felt very guilty he had been sharp with her whilst in labour
….. also how all the rich people ended up in good places despite best happened through out. The islanders and staff all did pretty tit. She was of no consequence. Even in labour, the comfort of the rich guests came first?

Reactions: 4