The Welsh Twins

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not seen a thread for The Welsh Twins so I had to start one. I've been following Robert and James for a while but their joint channel has me howling. So knowledgeable and SO FUNNY too. My fave YouTubers by far.

Reactions: 11
They're so funny and honest. It's such a breath of fresh air to have people who know what they're talking about compared to so many 'influencers' who follow tiktok trends and think they're an actual artist šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
They're so funny and honest. It's such a breath of fresh air to have people who know what they're talking about compared to so many 'influencers' who follow tiktok trends and think they're an actual artist šŸ˜‚
So true! Separate they are professional but together they are so funny. I love them

Little late to the party but I absolutely love these two. Gutted I've now caught up with their videos lol. X

Reactions: 4
Chiming in to share the love on their joint channel. The Valentine's Day short they posted with the dogs was one of the funniest things I've seen ... ever. Completely off-the-charts funny and surreal.

I think Marcus is an unsung hero, too.

These are all funny, intelligent men who I hope will have a career far beyond their YT success.

Reactions: 5
I love them SO much. Theyā€™re my favourite Youtubers. Honestly their Sunday uploads make my week complete šŸ˜‚ theyā€™d so be the kind of people Iā€™d be friends with in real life.

Reactions: 7
I like them a lot but I hate how snobby James is about drugstore brands, he always digs at them and has something bad to say. Sorry we canā€™t all afford KBeauty cleansers.

I like their well thought out videos like the 'historically accurate' ones, makeovers and their Q&As, but I find the two grown men in their 30s cooking like children ones tedious. I love how they complement each other as a duo and Robert comes out with some of the best lines. I still cry at him saying he looked liked a princess's stalker "you throwing these clothes away? I'll have them"!

Reactions: 5
Oooh there is a thread about these two.
I used to enjoy their videos - both individually & together - but lately a few things have started to irk me.

The twins videos feel like they canā€™t be bothered to be honest and ALOT of the ideas seems to be copied from other influencers, and itā€™s becoming tired and predictable.

James isnā€™t a qualified skin care professional (he worked in lush) but his ego really has started itā€™s journey of growth šŸ¤” there is a video in which (think is a twin one) heā€™s soo determined to ensure he gets his new Balenciaga top in shot itā€™s beyond cringe.

Even the way the insta or tweet about things they could Google themselves but it feels like the point of the post was to get a freebie.

i just feel the significant change has happened & the once watchable accounts just irritate me.

oh and if you arenā€™t American they donā€™t seem to give a tit to be honest - you know because there audience is mainly there.

and didnā€™t they only live in states for a year as kids ???

Oooh there is a thread about these two.
I used to enjoy their videos - both individually & together - but lately a few things have started to irk me.

The twins videos feel like they canā€™t be bothered to be honest and ALOT of the ideas seems to be copied from other influencers, and itā€™s becoming tired and predictable.

James isnā€™t a qualified skin care professional (he worked in lush) but his ego really has started itā€™s journey of growth šŸ¤” there is a video in which (think is a twin one) heā€™s soo determined to ensure he gets his new Balenciaga top in shot itā€™s beyond cringe.

Even the way the insta or tweet about things they could Google themselves but it feels like the point of the post was to get a freebie.

i just feel the significant change has happened & the once watchable accounts just irritate me.

oh and if you arenā€™t American they donā€™t seem to give a tit to be honest - you know because there audience is mainly there.

and didnā€™t they only live in states for a year as kids ???
I used to love their twin videos, but there's only so many times you can watch men in their mid 30s pretend to be useless at life whether it's cooking or other general life skills. It seems a bit contrived now and they don't put the effort in to the twins channel like they used to. The historically accurate series were really fun but they would have needed to plan them. Now they just get their assistant to buy stuff and they review it. Or their assistant plans a quiz and they fail at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I used to love their twin videos, but there's only so many times you can watch men in their mid 30s pretend to be useless at life whether it's cooking or other general life skills. It seems a bit contrived now and they don't put the effort in to the twins channel like they used to. The historically accurate series were really fun but they would have needed to plan them. Now they just get their assistant to buy stuff and they review it. Or their assistant plans a quiz and they fail at it.
Exactly that.

I feel like they have reached a level & got what they want and now itā€™s just minimum effort & watching them open gifts from fawning fans.

James is basically a walking advertisement board and to be fair so is Robert. They claim not to be bitchy or look at gossip - ok lads, whatever.

I feel like they have reached a level & got what they want and now itā€™s just minimum effort & watching them open gifts from fawning fans
I skip the unboxing parts. It's so cringey. People spend loads and I mean LOADS of money on them. They squeal at it and then probably sell it all on ebay

I don't really watch James, maybe the odd video but I do enjoy watching Roberts/twin videos but as mentioned above they've just really started to irk me. Mostly Robert because that who I watch the most.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy his content and he's better than alot of these infulencers but just the way he says things or the attitude he has on videos and on Instagram stories just really gets my back up šŸ˜‚

For example, when he has a go about people saying he looks like x saying that people are only saying it because they're same colour or whatever. People just look like people, if you don't like it then ignore it and move it on. Jesus christ, I saw my husband on a pair of socks in Iceland (country not shop šŸ˜‚) nothing is meant by it.

They claim not to be bitchy or look at gossip - ok lads, whatever.

This. They seem very bitchy/gossipy and seem like they belive they're above others.

Reactions: 1
I don't really watch James, maybe the odd video but I do enjoy watching Roberts/twin videos but as mentioned above they've just really started to irk me. Mostly Robert because that who I watch the most.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy his content and he's better than alot of these infulencers but just the way he says things or the attitude he has on videos and on Instagram stories just really gets my back up šŸ˜‚

For example, when he has a go about people saying he looks like x saying that people are only saying it because they're same colour or whatever. People just look like people, if you don't like it then ignore it and move it on. Jesus christ, I saw my husband on a pair of socks in Iceland (country not shop šŸ˜‚) nothing is meant by it.

This. They seem very bitchy/gossipy and seem like they belive they're above others.
Thank you. Seriously, I feel there is a form of blindness when it comes to these two. I used to love the content but now it feels like an effort to them & their content is aimed at kids in AMERICA. I feel they try to portray themselves as love & light but I feel itā€™s an act & itā€™s starting to show more. Thatā€™s all.

Thank you. Seriously, I feel there is a form of blindness when it comes to these two. I used to love the content but now it feels like an effort to them & their content is aimed at kids in AMERICA. I feel they try to portray themselves as love & light but I feel itā€™s an act & itā€™s starting to show more. Thatā€™s all.
They have definitely stopped trying with their twin videos. They used to be full of content now there's no effort and they are relying on American fans loving 20 mins of them giggling. If you look at the very first historically accurate video, they had planned and researched. Now they just turn up and put on what Ashton has bought for them and told them to say.

They have definitely stopped trying with their twin videos. They used to be full of content now there's no effort and they are relying on American fans loving 20 mins of them giggling. If you look at the very first historically accurate video, they had planned and researched. Now they just turn up and put on what Ashton has bought for them and told them to say.
I agree. It all feels like ā€œtoo muchā€ effort for now, and you can tell they canā€™t be bothered but if they donā€™t keep the content coming - they will be forgotten, it doesnā€™t feel organic - it feels very contrived. I think once I got to that stage, I stopped watching. Last video I watched, was a hack one - after 2 mins I switched it off. And never been back.