Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Underadaisy

Absolutely . As I’ve said these sorts of “tips” are at best going to wreck your iron or mop and at worst go on fire given that it’s highly flammable . It can also give of really dangerous fumes if mixed with other products . Imagine if you’d bleacher your floor or loo and then put your favourite smell of Zoflora on/down afterwards you could genuinely injure someone . I just do t get why people don’t get this

Reactions: 1

Wetmyplants

VIP Member
I use it for floors when not using the steam mop, drains and in the toilet brush holder.

I don’t get the huge obsession with using it everywhere.

Ellsbells123

VIP Member
It’s pure stupidity and unfortunately gone too far. She will never apologise and say that she didn’t realise the implications, as she is making too much money from it. Her army are also far to brainwashed and in to deep, and beat anybody down that dare correct. Even if her hype dies down, now she has has baby, I don’t know how long it will take for the incorrect use of products to stop, as people believe it’s ok!

Underadaisy

Yes it’s good for things like that . It would be like asking someone to spritz their soft furnishings with Dettol

coconochanel

VIP Member
The whole fascination with the pink stuff is starting to annoy me!!!! I wish People would stop using it on ovens it states on the tub it shouldn’t be used with heat and people are wondering why their doors are shattering

and the one that really took the biscuit was someone putting fabric conditioner in a STEAM MOP
I mean what actually posses someone to think that it’s safe???
What’s the obsession with highly flammable products being put into electrical items???!!!

and don’t get me started on the dishwasher tablet in the washing machine- why can’t products be used for what they are intended
That's down to mrs Hinch using it everywhere.

Wormhole

There is a brilliant professional cleaning account on instagram called sweeping_beauties_homelife if anyones interested, she has been sharing lots of tips on safer cleaning to try and spread awareness of the dangers of mixing chemicals etc, also gently explains the difference between actual cleaning and "hinching"

I'm a cleaner and I honestly use soapy water and white vinegar for a good 98% of everything I clean. You're doing it right 🙌
I do my taps, shower glass and downstairs toilet (as for some reason that gets limescale ) with white vinegar but not a fan of the lingering vinegar smell, so usually end up doing a second clean with something else after to cover the smell

Tui

VIP Member
I soak my cloths with it in between washes, and use it for the bin. I bought a bottle of Honeysuckle and Jasmine and it reminds me of the smell of customer toilets in little tea rooms and old peoples homes lol. The smell is really strong and artificially floral. I have a bottle of Lavender to see if that is any better otherwise going to give it a miss!!

erin182

VIP Member
Zoflora doesn’t even smell that nice + the scent disappears after about half an hr. I use it only for mopping the floor but nowhere else. I’d rather use an actual surface cleaner for things that are dirty... it makes me cringe how people spray that shit all over soft furnishings and use it on their clothes. Just why 😳

Wormhole

Yikes... I just use e-cloths and the odd squirt of cleaning product where needed. I don’t use fabric softener at all anymore. I think Zoflora/flash etc stink to high heaven. Maybe I under-clean?
I don't like any of the flowery flavours but the really fresh citrus ones, grapefruit, apple etc I love .

I also love the really cheap 30p Asda disinfectant , I cut back on the bleach use massively a few years ago as sometimes when I walked in my bathroom my eyes stung about and it smelled a bit like a public swimming bath !

Yikes... I just use e-cloths and the odd squirt of cleaning product where needed. I don’t use fabric softener at all anymore. I think Zoflora/flash etc stink to high heaven. Maybe I under-clean?

What is this e-cloth 😲

becca N

Don’t know if your still following this thread?. I’ve only just found it. My house is an old victory terraced too.. and no matter what I do I can’t get the same type of smell to go completely away. I have plug in, mist diffusers and sprays and I can never actually smell any of the scents. Did you find out what it was causing it?
we still cant find out whats causing it and like you we never get the scent of anything must be an old victorian terrace house scent

Mustard

VIP Member
I bought a bottle of Zoflora once, not sure what fragrance, original? and used it to clean out my kitchen bin by diluting a small amount of it with hot water. I hated the smell then, even diluted and cannot understand how it’s become so dangerously popular and overused.

becca N

i use the warm cinnamon ones but only because our house is very old so it has a weird musty smell weve never worked out what it is because i clean the house every other day and i use it down the sinks which works for us but people using it neat are stupid. weve also had people out to try find the smell and no one can work out where it is coming from so were thinking under the house it is a victorian terrace

i use the warm cinnamon ones but only because our house is very old so it has a weird musty smell weve never worked out what it is because i clean the house every other day and i use it down the sinks which works for us but people using it neat are stupid. weve also had people out to try find the smell and no one can work out where it is coming from so were thinking under the house it is a victorian terrace
Don’t know if your still following this thread?. I’ve only just found it. My house is an old victory terraced too.. and no matter what I do I can’t get the same type of smell to go completely away. I have plug in, mist diffusers and sprays and I can never actually smell any of the scents. Did you find out what it was causing it?