The war against bonkers Zoflora use (incorrect use of products)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am sick sore and tired of the endless stupid numpties out there who are following blindly after one certain “cleanfluencer” and spritzing, rubbing, soaking and well everything apart from drinking Zoflora! I personally use Zoflora for the following
Cleaning floors
Cleaning floors
And ........cleaning floors !!!!
It’s the only disinfectant that will remove animal poo and pee smells that the animal can smell( therefore does a great job when housetraining) it’s also pretty nifty in making sure floors are well cleaned and germ free but that’s it!
Why do people feel the need to put in into irons and steam mops( will eventually wreck them and is a fire hazard) or spritz a diluted version onto their soft furnishings (degrades the fire retardant protection and makes them infinitely more flammable) or soak and sanitary towel(yes you read that right) and stick said towel to the back of the radiator (risks are too many to list) or lastly as I read today WIPE IT UNDER THEIR ARMS AS A DEODORANT!!!!!!
There’s nothing wrong with cleaning, theirs nothing wrong with cleaning tips but there’s everything wrong with encouraging people to do not just stupid but extremely dangerous things and not getting called out for it! Her “sheep” follow along without any actual concern for how bloody daft they are. the world has gone stark raving bonkers

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I literally only use it to put on kitchen roll to line the bottom of the bin!

Reactions: 9
Yes it’s good for things like that . It would be like asking someone to spritz their soft furnishings with Dettol

Reactions: 1
My friends were hinch obsessed so I told them to give tattle a read, that have since weaned themselves off a few things!

You know I really have no issue with the whole
cleaning thing . What I have a mahoosive issue with it a)the plain mad and dangerous advice being given and b) the blatant profiteering without being open about it . It’s really not healthy for grown ups animals and babies to have that amount of chemical smells and chemicals on surfaces . Much prefer then queen of clean and her lemons and bicarb!

Reactions: 4
It was more the “tips” they were following that I was concerned about. Zoflora in steam mops and irons!

Absolutely . As I’ve said these sorts of “tips” are at best going to wreck your iron or mop and at worst go on fire given that it’s highly flammable . It can also give of really dangerous fumes if mixed with other products . Imagine if you’d bleacher your floor or loo and then put your favourite smell of Zoflora on/down afterwards you could genuinely injure someone . I just do t get why people don’t get this

Because it’s off the back of a hype. If Sophie just admitted that her tips were things she genuinely does but that she didn’t realise the implications and apologised I imagine a lot of people would understand and stop doing it. I’m not beating her down because she cleans her home but if you look at a lot of other cleaning accounts that are professional cleaners you can see a massive difference in usage, tips and opinions.

Reactions: 2
I am sick sore and tired of the endless stupid numpties out there who are following blindly after one certain “cleanfluencer” and spritzing, rubbing, soaking and well everything apart from drinking Zoflora! I personally use Zoflora for the following
Cleaning floors
Cleaning floors
It’s the only disinfectant that will remove animal poo and pee smells that the animal can smell( therefore does a great job when housetraining) it’s also pretty nifty in making sure floors are well cleaned and germ free but that’s it!
Why do people feel the need to put in into irons and steam mops( will eventually wreck them and is a fire hazard) or spritz a diluted version onto their soft furnishings (degrades the fire retardant protection and makes them infinitely more flammable) or soak and sanitary towel(yes you read that right) and stick said towel to the back of the radiator (risks are too many to list) or lastly as I read today WIPE IT UNDER THEIR ARMS AS A DEODORANT!!!!!!
There’s nothing wrong with cleaning, theirs nothing wrong with cleaning tips but there’s everything wrong with encouraging people to do not just stupid but extremely dangerous things and not getting called out for it! Her “sheep” follow along without any actual concern for how bloody daft they are. the world has gone stark raving bonkers
I don’t follow/take interest in cleaning accounts, I genuinely thought this thread was going to be a funny/parody thread. I had no idea actual adults are using a disinfectant in this way!
My Nan used to use Zoflora, years ago before it became trendy...for the drains and to use outside. Wow! I think the fumes must be getting to some if they are continuing to come up with idiotic and risky ways to damage themselves.

Reactions: 5
It’s pure stupidity and unfortunately gone too far. She will never apologise and say that she didn’t realise the implications, as she is making too much money from it. Her army are also far to brainwashed and in to deep, and beat anybody down that dare correct. Even if her hype dies down, now she has has baby, I don’t know how long it will take for the incorrect use of products to stop, as people believe it’s ok!

I use it for drains
I honestly can't smell it too much - so how much are people using it?
Isn't it a bit potent for spraying on kitchen units? And people spraying furniture with zoflora or Lenor is nuts to me. Its a sticky mess that could ruin the fabric.
The nuttiest is people filling up plug in air fresheners with it.
Honestly Hinching is like some kind of intelligence test!!!!

Reactions: 3
Seriously!!!!! Wow. It’s goes to show how one person can influence people to do the most stupid of things and that’s where this all goes completely wrong imho!

Reactions: 2
Zoflora isn't even a cleaner, it's a distinfectant.

It needs diluting too and shouldn't be used neat. At all.

Yet there is idiot after idiot using it as a cleaner and something to create scent.

Oil burners, Reed diffusers, all that dreams glitters used to fill the cap and sprinkle it neat on her carpets, wiping it over light bulbs, rubbing it on radiators, scenting their bins and the best one I've seen, some idiot puts it in her pond as the water feature churns the water and lifts the lavender scent into the garden!!! Buy bloody lavender plants that won't kill wildlife!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Cleaning floors
Cleaning floors
You use it incorrectly too. It's a disinfectant not a cleaner :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I soak my cloths with it in between washes, and use it for the bin. I bought a bottle of Honeysuckle and Jasmine and it reminds me of the smell of customer toilets in little tea rooms and old peoples homes lol. The smell is really strong and artificially floral. I have a bottle of Lavender to see if that is any better otherwise going to give it a miss!!

i use the warm cinnamon ones but only because our house is very old so it has a weird musty smell weve never worked out what it is because i clean the house every other day and i use it down the sinks which works for us but people using it neat are stupid. weve also had people out to try find the smell and no one can work out where it is coming from so were thinking under the house it is a victorian terrace