Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Just love both these accounts of hers. On her house renovation account it isn't all staged photographs and gifted items. She shows real life.
Today on the Turner House Project account she was asked if she was planning to decant her products into instagramable jurs and she was like na, I'm just happy to have somewhere to store stuff.

Reactions: 9

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
I think because she has an actual talent (as a hilarious writer) she doesn't have to play up to the clichéd insta mum role. No posing whatmamawore shots, no what I eat in a day or bedtime routines. She is such a breath of fresh air in a sea of stale halitosis.

I re-watch Jude and his baby Richard and it still makes me smile.

Reactions: 9

Wonderwall

Like her too. And the fact that she painted the living room dark blue/navy because it was 'on trend' at the time. But then realised after living with it that she actually hated it and got it painted much lighter-using Dulux paint I might add (shock horror).

Reactions: 8

petitspois

VIP Member
I think she's a masterclass in how to get it right. She doesn't post too often, doesn't seem fake, uses instagram as an extra and not her main career and has a sense of perspective. I also think she's funny which most of them really aren't (even though they think they are)

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Octopus9

I think that's it, it's so normal and lived in (while at the same time bloody gorgeous and luxurious!) it feels like we've lived through the renovation with them and I'm so chuffed for them that they got there. They've not hidden the fact it's been really hard work and it feels like they've been really honest with how lucky they've been to get what they wanted.

Reactions: 6

LunaArthur

I can't stand her sorry, unrelateable a middle class white women telling us her hell. Try deciding to eat and pay your bills and come back to me.
Plus she is Bessie mates with brummy who makes jokes about domestic violence
She’s always very clear to state that she knows how lucky they are, but sometimes she just needs to vent. We all have days like that, no matter how well off someone is.

RoamingDreams

And not a labelled jar in sight in her cupboards/larder/pantry
Personally labels aren't for me.. but even if she did label stuff... It's her kitchen, she can do whatever she wants.

I adore the childrens pictures on the walls. If I ever have a kitchen as big as that I'm totally pinching that idea. For now, my dinky kitchen has my children's artwork covering the fridge and some cupboards 😁

Newmumof2

Completely agree with all of you. Not Beggy like mummy and daddy to triplet girls where They buy a house and beg for everything in every single room

you can see how hard they worked to finish that off and what they lived through with 3 boys.Yes I know they are privileged to end up with a extension kitchen diner etc.but we all lived through it with them. And she’s made it clear they had to borrow from here there and everywhere.

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
Absolutely love her. Her book made me feel normal when I felt like a shit mum when I had PND. Her renovation is looking marvelous without the free handouts that the others have had.

Lynseyp

VIP Member
I live in the same city as her, i haven't met her personally but she is a friend of a friend. She is very quiet and down to earth and not up her arse like some Instagrammers/bloggers are.

Reactions: 5

LunaArthur

I love her! She’s super relatable and I love the house reno - not a sniff of grey! 😂 she’s also very transparent about anything that was gifted.

Reactions: 5

petitspois

VIP Member
I really like her. I think she's a good writer. I read one of her columns on cars for (I think) GQ and it was funny. I think she's bright and wise to know how to play it - never look smug, don't brag, don't get overexposed. She keeps some reality and doesn't believe the hype. The only thing I sometimes wonder about is showing her kids faces.

Reactions: 4

ewdavid

I LOVE her! I've had to unfollow so many insta-mums and family accounts for a variety of reasons during my pregnancy. Mainly because they either made me feel immense anxiety about what's to come or they made it look like it's all a blissful, easy time.

I'm due in a couple of weeks and she has really helped me feel less terrified. Seems very genuine.

Octopus9

I've loved watching their renovation. It's been a breath of fresh air to see them really struggle through it at times and really work hard for it, compared to others that seem to just click their fingers and have an extension completed. Also, it's bloody lush!

Boblebob

VIP Member
I can't stand her sorry, unrelateable a middle class white women telling us her hell. Try deciding to eat and pay your bills and come back to me.
Plus she is Bessie mates with brummy who makes jokes about domestic violence

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Ihatepeonies

Chatty Member
I love her! God knows what she sees in Babs, but I find her genuinely to be a nice person And I love what she’s done with the house

Reactions: 3

TheMotherHen-Kathryn

She is truly lovely. I really enjoy both of her accounts and read her books when my boys were tiny babies. Her book the first one especially made me feel less alone during those newborn days.

Reactions: 2