Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gillybean42

VIP Member
Is the split / steal element in the rules for the Uk version - Claudia always says ‘the traitors will steal everything’ it’s always made me think that the traitors would split any money, there was no discussion from Harry etc about splitting / stealing, I actually think it would be such an anticlimax (for the Uk version)! If traitors are there at the end, it’s because they’ve played a good game and deserve it, although I do think the ending was perfect for this particular series purely because of how awful Sam was! I wonder if the producers brought it in as a rule during the game after seeing how it played out, it was obvious Sam would be in the final and that they wouldn’t probably be left with multiple traitors, I think they didn’t want him to win money and also it still gave a reason to watch to the end, I’d already switched off a few episodes before but knowing there was a twist I watched the final, I imagine watching it live when it was on in Australia for the last few episodes the writing was on the wall, the traitors had the majority vote so without the steal / split option and with how stupid the faithfuls were it was obvious a traitor would win.
Rodger said that this was the first time in all the countries versions that 3 traitors had been left at the end. So that’s why there was no talk or sharing or stealing in the U.K. one, because there’s never been 3 of them. It wouldn’t have been good viewing for them getting rid of Sarah then them all getting to share the money, it needed a twist 😊

Reactions: 3
Is the split / steal element in the rules for the Uk version - Claudia always says ‘the traitors will steal everything’ it’s always made me think that the traitors would split any money, there was no discussion from Harry etc about splitting / stealing, I actually think it would be such an anticlimax (for the Uk version)! If traitors are there at the end, it’s because they’ve played a good game and deserve it, although I do think the ending was perfect for this particular series purely because of how awful Sam was! I wonder if the producers brought it in as a rule during the game after seeing how it played out, it was obvious Sam would be in the final and that they wouldn’t probably be left with multiple traitors, I think they didn’t want him to win money and also it still gave a reason to watch to the end, I’d already switched off a few episodes before but knowing there was a twist I watched the final, I imagine watching it live when it was on in Australia for the last few episodes the writing was on the wall, the traitors had the majority vote so without the steal / split option and with how stupid the faithfuls were it was obvious a traitor would win.
Yes but it's never happened before that the ones left are all traitors. Usually it'll be a couple of faithful and a traitor. Once they are satisfied only faithful remain, if there is a traitor among them, they take everything. There's no share or steal needed.

Reactions: 3

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
My husband has asked..& I can't remember if this has happened. If all traitors get Banished.. & they are left with just faithfuls do the producers pick another traitor or will the faithfuls never know and still banish until the final? Leaving just faithfuls?

It's not something I've thought about tbh.

Reactions: 2

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
Haven't finished yet, still on episode 8, but Sam's IG bio says he's an actor? So was he not a marketing 'guru' at all or is he changing careers? 😆

Happyvalley

VIP Member
I would love to have seen a follow up interview with them all, especially Camille. I felt like she was reading Sam’s body language a lot and fell back on her professional training to be sure enough of him to execute the ending she did.
I saw a video that Camille did explaining more about what happened, can’t remember where, but it’s on YouTube/TikTok or one of those.

petitspois

VIP Member
I agree. The flaws in the format are showing now it's more mature. They need to choose Traitors with at least some likeability like Paul in the UK. Sam is just an out and out psycho that wasn't playing as a team for the prize pot at all, just the pleasure of winning and hurting others.

My head is spinning with the 'what ifs' 😂
But if Camille and Blake had thought to banish Sam (and if he hadn't sang like a canary as he was leaving which he probably would), then when it was just them and Sarah left they, Camille and Blake, would split the money? No need for the steal option?
Yes. Once it's final 3 if any traitors are left they automatically split the money. We only saw share and steal as they all were traitors

Reactions: 1

hehehe

VIP Member
they said it on the show, all share = share, all steal = nothing, if some wrote share and even one person wrote steal, they would steal the lot
I heard them say the first part, but maybe I missed the BIB so I'm going to need back up.

If that's the case, it doesn't make any sense why ANYBODY would vote share???? There's no reason to vote share if one person writing steal will win. So why would the game put the option on the table at all to vote share ????

And why would the majority steal rule if Camille alone wrote share (as was implied by the show when both B & S turned their slates around) but a majority share vote wouldn't rule? Doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
I don't think they'd allow this to happen. In UK season 1 when it was down to one traitor he was told he had to recruit (the new recruit could technically decline but they'd have to leave the game immediately so it's very unlikely they would). This meant that even if the last OG traitor was caught, the new one would still be there.
Thank you @JombleWomble

I feel like for both series, the traitors got through to the end / won and the faithfuls just don’t seem to have a game plan other than that they need everyone on board to get the votes on their side! I looked at annabels instagram and was really surprised to see that she had less than 2k followers so maybe it’s not been as big in Australia?

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
My head is spinning with the 'what ifs' 😂
But if Camille and Blake had thought to banish Sam (and if he hadn't sang like a canary as he was leaving which he probably would), then when it was just them and Sarah left they, Camille and Blake, would split the money? No need for the steal option?

uzzybuzzy

Watching it right now ( but only episode one )

I am curious as to why they have brought in a couple of famous faces ( who I recognise from other shows ). I am wondering if there is a twist later on. Are they there to raise money for charity? They surely can’t be that hard up ( has Gyton only been in underbelly?? And now he has ran out of money).

So many questions .. I won’t be looking at the comments on the thread as I don’t want any spoilers ..

Oh yea .. paeden! Calm down mate!
I think it’s cos the US version had a mix of famous and non famous contestants. And the Dutch version was all famous people.

Crumpet41

VIP Member
Please only come here if you've watched SERIES 2 of the 🇦🇺 VERSION OF THE TRAITORS

AND WITH THAT

OMFG

I WILL LEAVE IT THERE
Watching it right now ( but only episode one )

I am curious as to why they have brought in a couple of famous faces ( who I recognise from other shows ). I am wondering if there is a twist later on. Are they there to raise money for charity? They surely can’t be that hard up ( has Gyton only been in underbelly?? And now he has ran out of money).

So many questions .. I won’t be looking at the comments on the thread as I don’t want any spoilers ..

Oh yea .. paeden! Calm down mate!

ShopTilYouSlop

Chatty Member
Who would have thought there could be a group of faithfuls that made our lot look smart? Sam basically had a giant neon sign flashing 'traitor' above his head and every time people swapped their vote to someone else! Sam might have been arrogant as all hell but you can see why when that cast of dummies were so easily manipulated again and again and again.

The ending of S2 was great but I far preferred S1. The entire series relied on Sam for the storyline each episode with nothing else going on. And Annabel, who seemed desperate to go viral with the way she basically talked like Instagram hashtags, was highly irritating.
But....it worked!! Do you think there's something in just barrelling for it like that and not overthinking it?

hehehe

VIP Member
Had they done that, Sam's steal would have overridden their share and Sam would have taken everything.
Is there a precedent for this, or are you speculating as I am?
In a game where decisions have been based on the majority vote in every single episode, why would they suddenly let a minority vote override?