The #tradwife movement

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The weirdest thing about this whole thing is that Alena's thread is so quiet. There's hardly any activity on it at all.

I think if you are going to wax lyrical about the virtues of a particular lifestyle then you can't be shocked or surprised if people critique that. We don't make choices in a vacuum after all. And I say that as a stay at home parent in a fairly traditional heterosexual relationship.
I do wonder what the story is behind her husband and her. She says they got together when he was still married but separated which I find a bit unusual, but it depends on how long he had been separated. However the other thread said he had a child and they had an affair? So not sure if it’s a poster who knows the truth about the situation or not.

I do wonder what the story is behind her husband and her. She says they got together when he was still married but separated which I find a bit unusual, but it depends on how long he had been separated. However the other thread said he had a child and they had an affair? So not sure if it’s a poster who knows the truth about the situation or not.
He definitely has another child whom they don't seem to have any kind of relationship with.

Pretty sure Alena herself has mentioned it before.
Actually really shocked by this. I know she’s had her struggles with drugs and finding her place in the world and I’ve never really had a problem with her being a housewife. But the start of her relationship with her husband is quite murky and if there is a child involved that neither of them see I am wondering if this is due to her husband abandoning the family or is there a reason the mum doesn’t want him around. I would find it very hard to start a relationship with a man who was still married and had a child he didn’t have a relationship with. To me that’s a massive red flag.

Also since she’s moving abroad can she settle in America as she’s admitted to drug use? I know there has been an issue with Prince Harry having admitted to using drugs and people are up in arms with that. I reckon they are moving to New Zealand though because her husband went to school there.

Reactions: 1
Actually really shocked by this. I know she’s had her struggles with drugs and finding her place in the world and I’ve never really had a problem with her being a housewife. But the start of her relationship with her husband is quite murky and if there is a child involved that neither of them see I am wondering if this is due to her husband abandoning the family or is there a reason the mum doesn’t want him around. I would find it very hard to start a relationship with a man who was still married and had a child he didn’t have a relationship with. To me that’s a massive red flag.

Also since she’s moving abroad can she settle in America as she’s admitted to drug use? I know there has been an issue with Prince Harry having admitted to using drugs and people are up in arms with that. I reckon they are moving to New Zealand though because her husband went to school there.
They lived together and had their child before marrying (Alena has stated that). That’s fine today but it does clash a little with her 1940s values where she would have been ostracised. Although it seems she dropped that 40s housewife image anyway. I’m curious where they’ve moved to.

They lived together and had their child before marrying (Alena has stated that). That’s fine today but it does clash a little with her 1940s values where she would have been ostracised. Although it seems she dropped that 40s housewife image anyway. I’m curious where they’ve moved to.
The states.

What did she do to you? I don’t think it’s been confirmed she’s moved to the States, unless I’m missing something
it was a silly storm in a (vintage) teacup but upset me for a long time. She attacked something I said on another members page and kept posting about it. I suggested we keep our differences away from this post and discuss it through DM. I also apologised to the member whose post it was in. Next thing I was blocked by her (no real problem there as I’d never met her before) but also by the rest of her social 40s circle.

As said, storm in a teacup but I was a bit taken aback because while I was tactless in the comment I made it wasn’t deserving of the attack I got back.

Googling her and watching her videos I think she can get quite aggressive in her responses.
The world really isn’t out to get you for being a SAHM Alena.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
it was a silly storm in a (vintage) teacup but upset me for a long time. She attacked something I said on another members page and kept posting about it. I suggested we keep our differences away from this post and discuss it through DM. I also apologised to the member whose post it was in. Next thing I was blocked by her (no real problem there as I’d never met her before) but also by the rest of her social 40s circle.

As said, storm in a teacup but I was a bit taken aback because while I was tactless in the comment I made it wasn’t deserving of the attack I got back.

Googling her and watching her videos I think she can get quite aggressive in her responses.
The world really isn’t out to get you for being a SAHM Alena.
Since you apologised I’m not sure why she felt the need to keep bringing it up - not really treating people with grace is it? And I’m sorry to hear that her circle of friends blocked you too - reminds me of school girl behaviour. Though I don’t think she’s friends with them anymore.
I find Alena quite an odd person, I can’t seem to work her out. She doesn’t seem to be fulfilled being a SAHM which is fine but she’s based her who personality around it.

Reactions: 3
Alena was one of the main UK trad wives who were very vocal about it on tv in the UK to be fair about 10 years ago now, but she had a fairly big online presence until she left instagram earlier this year. Don’t think she’s in this doc.

I will be watching though. Sounds interesting

Alena was one of the main UK trad wives who were very vocal about it on tv in the UK to be fair about 10 years ago now, but she had a fairly big online presence until she left instagram earlier this year. Don’t think she’s in this doc.

I will be watching though. Sounds interesting
She was in a segment of it I believe.
https://fb.watch/phH_ffZTtM/?mibextid=WC7FNe
If you search her Facebook page (not group) and search Stacey Dooley you can find photos of them together.

Watched the doc with my gcse class (all girls) when doing gender equality - they were horrified