Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Not just shortened words but people who write in an accent. For example if from Yorkshire using the word reyt for right and theesen for yourself ...
This! I’m a Yorkshireman, I speak like that, but I don’t write with a Yorkshire accent. It’s not difficult to write properly.

Reactions: 1
D

Departed member 294

Avo, Guac and uni I have no problem with.

Reno and inspo, yeah those are annoying,

I’d never use the word bro, and refer to my brother as my brother.

Sweetard

Im so glad you started this thread, I love my husband dearly but he has to shorten everything like we have booked an all inclusive holiday and the conversation went like this from him " its ages since we went all inc, I cant wait to have a full eng on holiday " it annoyed the life out of me, he also says when hes working a long weekend , hes doing Fri , Sat , sun , that's just two examples he knows it drives me mad and does it all the more, he thinks its hilarious how worked up I get
Sounds like something off Towie. It’d drive me nuts too. 😂

SunshineDreamer

Chatty Member
My dentist keeps calling me a shortened version of my name, even though I've never referred to myself as this and it's only three syllables long!

Her first name is double barreled - and her assistant and myself always call her by this! Bet she would be annoyed if I just missed half off.

She seems to make the secretary and receptionist call her by Dr Surname. I think she thinks she's above other people.
People keep doing that with my daughter. Her name is Charlotte (and admittedly we do call her Lottie) but people keep calling her Char and it gets on my last nerves.

People shortening words is my pet peeve. I know someone who calls daffodils ‘daffs’ and I want to scream every time she says it.

ClaireBear117

Some are on with me like uni, but so many of them irritate me. Also, on a related note, when people use the wrong form of a word/just completely cock up a fairly straightforward phrase. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, CHESTER FUCKING DRAWS.

• Haha

boredjess

VIP Member
there was this white girl on youtube whom I watched once, who kept going SIS SIS SIS.

I wanted to slap her

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
My pet hates are when people use abbreviations for the word toilet. Such as loo, lav or John. It’s a bloody toilet, use and respect it’s full unadulterated form.

HowLongOhLord

The corruption and misuse of -v-/versus by casters.
E.g.
1) In today's match, X is versing Y, as the verbalisation of X v Y, when the caster means 'X is sparring with/fighting against Y'
2) in a versus battle, (Joe Sugg), when he means going 'head to head with' or 'highly competitive'.