The shortening of words 😡

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s tedious and beyond annoying, I offer :
Avo (cado)
Guac
Uni
Reno
Inspo
Bro.

“We’re on the second stage of our house reno and I’m looking for inspo” 🙄. You mean renovation and inspiration, tit!

It might just be me of course .?In that case I’ll get my coat 😁.

I’m laying the blame at the door of Apple and the ‘apps’ malarkey it started.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
^ I agree with you- it is annoying that some words get shortened unnecessarily but uni is fairly standard, surely? :p:)

Reactions: 9
Avo, Guac and uni I have no problem with.

Reno and inspo, yeah those are annoying,

I’d never use the word bro, and refer to my brother as my brother.

Reactions: 1
there was this white girl on youtube whom I watched once, who kept going SIS SIS SIS.

I wanted to slap her

Sloppy Deyes, queen of shortening words:
Lil
Brekkie
Gorge
V
Hols
Rn
Soz
And about 100 more.
[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Reactions: 2
Not a shortening of words but didn’t know where else to post it but when floggers say “I bought it in an extra extra small.....because I wanted it to be oversized”!!! 😡😡😡 Skinny witches showing off how tiny they are...🙄

Reactions: 7
Not a shortening of words but didn’t know where else to post it but when floggers say “I bought it in an extra extra small.....because I wanted it to be oversized”!!! 😡😡😡 Skinny witches showing off how tiny they are...🙄
Exactly, surely they know how insensitive it sounds. I think when they do hauls they should say " I picked up this top, it is blue, striped, blah blah, from ABC Shop, they carry sizes 4-30, check their website for accurate size guides" and leave it at that. We dont't need to know their own size, just their comments on material, fit/tailoring and wearability.

Short words I hate:

Amaze! Not when saying "to amaze" but when meant as an adjective instead of amazing.

Avo

Brekkie

Basically like said above, anything Zoe and Poppy shorten.

Reactions: 3
I also hate it when a couple (mainly celebrity) are dating and then the press or someone decides their names must be combined to make a freakish non word such as Prilly (prince and lilly) or tomcat or Bennifer.
To add, as an adult it is confusing and annoying when a word you’ve known all your life to mean one thing e.g sick, suddenly means something else!

Reactions: 9
I think my least favourite is 'wuu2?' because it just reminds me of MSN days.

'wuu2?' 'nm, u?' 'nm lol' and then that would essentially be the end of a conversation. 😂

My mum insists on saying "Micro" rather than microwave. I literally want to punch her every time she says it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My pet hates are when people use abbreviations for the word toilet. Such as loo, lav or John. It’s a bloody toilet, use and respect it’s full unadulterated form.

My dentist keeps calling me a shortened version of my name, even though I've never referred to myself as this and it's only three syllables long!

Her first name is double barreled - and her assistant and myself always call her by this! Bet she would be annoyed if I just missed half off.

She seems to make the secretary and receptionist call her by Dr Surname. I think she thinks she's above other people.

• Haha
"Gorjuss" or "Gawjuss" instead of gorgeous.

"Awww ur lil man is soooo gawjuss!! Lol hehe tell the hubby I said hi, luv from me, Steve n kids!"

I'm sure you all know the type I mean!!

Reactions: 3
"Gorjuss" or "Gawjuss" instead of gorgeous.

"Awww ur lil man is soooo gawjuss!! Lol hehe tell the hubby I said hi, luv from me, Steve n kids!"

I'm sure you all know the type I mean!!
This is like nails on a chalkboard for me 😩😩

As is "whatevz", "totes" for totally and "jel" or "jelly" for jealous 🤬🤬 I think the Kardashians are to blame for those.

It’s tedious and beyond annoying, I offer :
Avo (cado)
Guac
Uni
Reno
Inspo
Bro.

“We’re on the second stage of our house reno and I’m looking for inspo” 🙄. You mean renovation and inspiration, tit!

It might just be me of course .?In that case I’ll get my coat 😁.

I’m laying the blame at the door of Apple and the ‘apps’ malarkey it started.
You would hate living in Oz, they shorten everything! 😂😂😂