The share my cat thread #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our other cat was pdsa treated, but when she was really ill, it happened at night and didn’t know what to do as the vets didn’t have a out of hours line…so took Sasha to a local vet….was £200 before they even looked at her. She was in over nignt and it was over £600 when we picked her up! And felt her care Wasn’t enough ( we said we’d take her to the pdsa for further treatment so think that changed their tune) Luckily we had savings ( on benefits low income) we did take her to the pdsa and that’s where she spent her last week 😢😢 it wasn’t local either. We always said we would give as much as could for the cost ( it’s normally a donation) we gave half.
Been there before and someone gave pennies yet they were in designer gear! Think they may of changed their fee/ donation policy cos people clearly take the mick.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That is good to hear . Really glad she is getting back to her normal self.

Agree about costs for vets - the prices they charge are mental. Plus costs for medicine ( nearly £20 a prescription 😵💫😵💫). I have had to pay for 3 lots over the month . I am fortunate that I had enough to cover his operation and other fees. Will struggle if I need to shell out again if he does have to have the other 2 teeth removed. I don’t want him to be in pain.

It is an awful situation to be in - leave your pet suffering because can’t afford or the fees or get a loan/ overdraft to cover.

Insurance seems to be a bit pointless due to exclusions so what am I paying it for? I feel like I am in between a rock and a hard place.

Question to every one - I asked about a payment plan option and was told they don’t offer this as an option . Is this standard? Or is this based on individual practices?
It's the people who in the past they've agreed a payment plan for who then haven't paid, there the ones to blame.
I guess maybe the best way if not insurance is to have a 0% credit card ready for emergencies if you don't have savings?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
IMG_3978.jpeg

My babies 🖤🖤 I love it when they snuggle up together, although I think my chunky hunk has taken snuggling to the extreme here. My poor slinky black girl looks like she just woke up wondering why she couldn’t breathe properly!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This came up on my FB memories today, taken 7 weeks after we'd adopted Merry and her brother Loki. They're nearly 9 and Merry still likes to be cuddled like this 😍.
Screenshot_20240502_125634.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This came up on my FB memories today, taken 7 weeks after we'd adopted Merry and her brother Loki. They're nearly 9 and Merry still likes to be cuddled like this 😍. View attachment 2910560
Cats never change from kittens do they, my little boy loved sitting on my neck as a kitten when he was tiny, now he's grown up and ooesnt get that he doesn't quite fit but still tries 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4