The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
20220809_175611.jpg

Here's Fawlty cat, chilling on my son's lap. They have a love/hate relationship where he teases her and she retaliates (and I end up telling them both off!) He's the only one that can get her to do this though, he picks her up, turns her over and gently rocks her like a baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
View attachment 1487016
Here's Fawlty cat, chilling on my son's lap. They have a love/hate relationship where he teases her and she retaliates (and I end up telling them both off!) He's the only one that can get her to do this though, he picks her up, turns her over and gently rocks her like a baby.
The complete and utter trust from her in this photo is just heartwarming.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Do any of your cats have a particular object they like to snuggle up to? One of my parents' cats was obsessed for years with sleeping on a particular yellow cushion in the house.
My oldest cat likes curling up on my fluffy dressing gown. Our young cat has a thing about my son’s bed as it’s a top bunk so she often likes to sit there and survey her kingdom from above. 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
My oldest cat likes curling up on my fluffy dressing gown. Our young cat has a thing about my son’s bed as it’s a top bunk so she often likes to sit there and survey her kingdom from above. 😂
Both my cats like lying on my winter coat (it is now on a chair whatever the season) no sure if it is just because it is black like them and they feel camouflaged or what 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm going to need everyone to type 'cat' into Google as shown, and press the button. Have your volume on and click about the page 😻🐈

20220812_110127.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Is it bad that I like it a little bit more now that I've seen it doesn't work with 'dog'? 😄

I've grown to love dogs too, but it seems a very cat like trait to deny dogs their fun!

Well that's shown me- it actually does do it but just type dog and click 'the animal' button first

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Anyone know how I can stop Parsnip dragging her water bowl around?? She loves dipping her feet into it and will pull it along. It makes water go everywhere and then the water bowl is in random places from her pulling it. Do you reckon a bowl mat will stop it?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Anyone know how I can stop Parsnip dragging her water bowl around?? She loves dipping her feet into it and will pull it along. It makes water go everywhere and then the water bowl is in random places from her pulling it. Do you reckon a bowl mat will stop it?
is the water near her food bowl? they usually don't like that she is trying to tell you she isn't happy with it being placed where it is you could try a silicon mat nothing usually moves off them but then she might just tip it up and that's more of a mess. or does she not like the bowl? two of ours drink out of a fountain but the two younger ones drink out of a bucket in the bathroom won't touch the fountain. try a new area with a weighted bowl and se what happens she will tell you when she is happy.

is the water near her food bowl? they usually don't like that she is trying to tell you she isn't happy with it being placed where it is you could try a silicon mat nothing usually moves off them but then she might just tip it up and that's more of a mess. or does she not like the bowl? two of ours drink out of a fountain but the two younger ones drink out of a bucket in the bathroom won't touch the fountain. try a new area with a weighted bowl and se what happens she will tell you when she is happy.
She does it with another bowl as well that’s not near her food bowl. Also did it when she drank from my glass. I’ll try and put it somewhere else and see if it works. She drinks well from the bowl so I’ll try a weighted bowl if moving it doesn’t help. Thank you

This guy has been an absolute fiend the past couple of days. We haven't introduced him to the pup yet, choosing to go slow. We're at the stage where we slowly start to open doors and introduce them behind a barrier for the cats safety (or maybe the puppy's safety from the claws!)

Anyway, he's been caught chilling outside puppy's door many times which is really positive. Only he's figured out he can see puppy through the crack in the door and puppy barks at him every time he spots him.

Without fail for the last 3 nights, he's sat outside the door, waited for puppy to bark and then sprinted down the stairs and around the sofa like he does when he's playing with our other cat.

I'm hoping this means he's happy and curious about puppy and not scared 🤣

Although it is getting in the way of teaching puppy not to bark at cats 🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hi all, just found this thread. Here is my fur baby Indie. She’s 4 and we have just moved from a flat to a house which she has adapted to well. She was an indoor cat until we moved and is thoroughly enjoying having a garden.
What a gorgeous girl! ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi all, just found this thread. Here is my fur baby Indie. She’s 4 and we have just moved from a flat to a house which she has adapted to well. She was an indoor cat until we moved and is thoroughly enjoying having a garden.
She is gorgeous.❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.