The queens gambit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished this and absolutely loved it. Never thought I’d be so interested in chess! Loved the costumes and staging as well as the story.

Reactions: 14
Loved it!! Finished it in 2 evenings. Never been interested in Chess but really really enjoyed it - if you’re thinking of watching it but are put off by the chess... don’t worry it’s still good!

Reactions: 8
Loved it!, watched it by myself first time and then again with my Husband who also thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reactions: 2
Started this last night and 4 episodes in, sooo good I love it. I didn't realise that the world of chess was so exhilerating!

Reactions: 4
Stunning filmography, gorgeous wardrobe and the lead actress is superb. Having played chess only once, I wish I was more clued up watching the chess moves.

Reactions: 5
Really enjoyed the series!! Loved the bit where all her friends were surrounded by the radio/phone during the final tournament

It would be interesting to see a second series

Reactions: 3
I loved it, although I was waiting for something bad to happen to her, like get attacked or something.
That says more about what I normally watch then the show though.

Reactions: 3
Really enjoyed the series!! Loved the bit where all her friends were surrounded by the radio/phone during the final tournament

I’m not sure if I want a second series. It was perfect as it was and I fear a second series could ruin it.

Reactions: 6
Literally watching it as we speak. On the 5th episode. I love it, the music, the fashion, the lead actress all of it.

Reactions: 1

That was my favourite part of the whole programme, I welled up when they showed them all there waiting to help her.

Don't get me wrong I loved the show, the styling, the acting, all superb. But I just never warmed to Beth. Found her to be needlessly mean to a lot of people. Especially the young Russian boy she played, and Harry.

I was intrigued by the Cleo character. Saw a theory on Reddit that she could've been KGB.

Reactions: 4
Finished the series, it's was good. IMDB rating 8,8! I loved Anya Taylor-Joy as Beth!
I also think it would be interesting to see a second series, I want to know how the characters develop.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong I loved the show, the styling, the acting, all superb. But I just never warmed to Beth. Found her to be needlessly mean to a lot of people. Especially the young Russian boy she played, and Harry.

I was intrigued by the Cleo character. Saw a theory on Reddit that she could've been KGB.
I don’t know if it was intentional or not, but while watching I had the impression that Beth was on the autism spectrum.

Reactions: 8
Unpopular opinion but didn’t enjoy it and I didn’t finish it, I’ve last episode to watch and I know I won’t watch it. Heard such good reviews of it but I just couldn’t get into it.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Aw I loved this so much . I find it hard to get into series and hate chess so surprised how much I enjoyed it . My elderly dad loves chess though so I suggested it to him abd we watched it together and both said how good it was !