Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gingercream

VIP Member
Just finished this and absolutely loved it. Never thought I’d be so interested in chess! Loved the costumes and staging as well as the story.

Reactions: 14

BustySinclair

Chatty Member
Loved it!! Finished it in 2 evenings. Never been interested in Chess but really really enjoyed it - if you’re thinking of watching it but are put off by the chess... don’t worry it’s still good!

Reactions: 8

LittleMy

VIP Member
Don't get me wrong I loved the show, the styling, the acting, all superb. But I just never warmed to Beth. Found her to be needlessly mean to a lot of people. Especially the young Russian boy she played, and Harry.

I was intrigued by the Cleo character. Saw a theory on Reddit that she could've been KGB.
I don’t know if it was intentional or not, but while watching I had the impression that Beth was on the autism spectrum.

Reactions: 8

MotherofDragons

Just finished it all. Need a season 2. The times she treated people badly were more to do with grief. Loved her friendship with Jolene. I think this could be a real winner with netflix. I now have an interest in chess :ROFLMAO: I would like a few more seasons. Need to find out about her father and so much more.
Couldn’t disagree more, it was perfect as a limited series I think if they made more episodes it would ruin it!

• Sad
Reactions: 6

50sGirl

VIP Member
Really enjoyed the series!! Loved the bit where all her friends were surrounded by the radio/phone during the final tournament

It would be interesting to see a second series
I’m not sure if I want a second series. It was perfect as it was and I fear a second series could ruin it.

Reactions: 6
I watched the whole thing through but struggled to understand why everyone loved it so much. I felt the same I do while watching the Titanic - like something really bad is going to happen. She was just a car crash and I couldn’t warm to her at all. I usually have to be rooting for a character to enjoy a show and the way she left Mr Shaibel, only ever asking him for the $5 she needed to enter the contest, never paying him back, never writing or visiting him just broke my heart.

Reactions: 5

La_frenchie

Stunning filmography, gorgeous wardrobe and the lead actress is superb. Having played chess only once, I wish I was more clued up watching the chess moves.

Reactions: 5

MotherofDragons

Started this last night and 4 episodes in, sooo good I love it. I didn't realise that the world of chess was so exhilerating!

Reactions: 4

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Don't get me wrong I loved the show, the styling, the acting, all superb. But I just never warmed to Beth. Found her to be needlessly mean to a lot of people. Especially the young Russian boy she played, and Harry.

I was intrigued by the Cleo character. Saw a theory on Reddit that she could've been KGB.

Reactions: 4

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
Really enjoyed the series!! Loved the bit where all her friends were surrounded by the radio/phone during the final tournament

It would be interesting to see a second series

Reactions: 3

Web30

VIP Member
I loved it, although I was waiting for something bad to happen to her, like get attacked or something.
That says more about what I normally watch then the show though.

Reactions: 3

cosmo girl

VIP Member

Just finished it all. Need a season 2. The times she treated people badly were more to do with grief. Loved her friendship with Jolene. I think this could be a real winner with netflix. I now have an interest in chess :ROFLMAO: I would like a few more seasons. Need to find out about her father and so much more.

Reactions: 2

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Definitely no more series please! I hate when shows create a second (third, fourth...) run just for the sake of it. Ruins it for me.

Londonsays

Chatty Member
Unpopular opinion but didn’t enjoy it and I didn’t finish it, I’ve last episode to watch and I know I won’t watch it. Heard such good reviews of it but I just couldn’t get into it.

• Wow

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Loved it!, watched it by myself first time and then again with my Husband who also thoroughly enjoyed it.