The pros and cons of protesting.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No they were/are PERSECUTED for being Catholic! They still face the same hardships as POC in respect of housing ,jobs ,police brutality and had to fight hard to have their voices heard..
It’s not comparable though so why bring it up in this particular thread? Frankly catholics in NI are not persecuted today, nor was it ever in the same league as systematic racism. You cannot tell me catholics in NI are persecuted against right now 🙄
They do not currently face “the same hardships as POC” that is utter bullshit.

Said as a catholic from Belfast.

Reactions: 2
It’s not comparable though so why bring it up in this particular thread? Frankly catholics in NI are not persecuted today, nor was it ever in the same league as systematic racism. You cannot tell me catholics in NI are persecuted against right now 🙄
They do not currently face “the same hardships as POC” that is utter bullshit.

Said as a catholic from Belfast.
Well police brutality is still rife in our town. Is the thread not called pros and cons of protesting ....I don't see the word racism in it ??????????? And don't tell me what hardships I have or haven't felt ..(y)

Well police brutality is still rife in our town. Is the thread not called pros and cons of protesting ....I don't see the word racism in it ???????????
You literally said catholics in NI currently face the same level of persecution as black and POC, every comment is about the current protests about the BLM movement.
How is catholics in NI relevant to discussing the pros and cons of the protests?

The topic of Irish catholic’s was brought into a conversation about white people not being able experience racism so the racism aspect was relevant to the context...

Reactions: 1
You literally said catholics in NI currently face the same level of persecution as black and POC, every comment is about the current protests about the BLM movement.
How is catholics in NI relevant to discussing the pros and cons of the protests?
So there's no protests in NI anymore ??????

The topic of Irish catholic’s was brought into a conversation about white people not being able experience racism so the racism aspect was relevant to the context...
The thread is called pro's and Con's of protesting ??

To say that white people do not suffer racism is dismissive and ignorant and is a big reason the movement has not been embraced more. I was bullied constantly for being white in a predominantly black school in London. It is more common than you think in London areas and other cities. To say that doesn’t happen is completely ignoring several thousand voices. I was one of 4 White people in my class. I have seen a mixed race boy mate bullied for not being black aswell. He got tormented so much. And lots of kids would get their money stolen and called all sorts of white names. Racism happens where there are actual minorities in lower class areas. You cannot say what is racist toward one person isn’t racist to another.

Pros and cons.
Pro the media cover it mostly. More exposure. You feel like you are actively doing something.
cons- you could catch coronavirus and you could be caught up in violence .

• Sad
Reactions: 8
My town is organising a 'peaceful' protest this weekend.... I may get slated for this but I personally think that for one, people are bored and it's something to do (lock down etc) and I've never seen anyone else any different in my eyes. Also did any 'white' people start rioting or take to the streets after Lee Rigby etc??? I'm only going this weekend to join a team of veterans who are going to protect our war monuments who are going to stand proud. I'm starting to think the blm protesters are making the divide

Also are Netflix going to remove white chick's the film. Its getting out of hand were is the line
Firstly stop reading the daily fail and actually believing it and Facebook chavs.

Most non white people I know and myself don't care about little Britain or the TV programs with crud characters.

White chicks if you actually have seen it is more racist to black people if anything.

Lee is not the same. He was murdered by two jobless brainwashed losers who took the law into their own hands.

Police have sworn to uphold the law not kill people they don't like the look of.

Have no idea why you are even comparing the two.

Pros and cons of protests...
Unconfirmed but there are reports of black people now attacking white people, not just the police,
police looking on as they all fight each other, afraid to get involved.

and scumbags just there to kick someone or something and have a beer 🤷‍♀️

hard to see where this is going or where it’s going to end now, the cause has long since been forgotten.

That's the right group doing that not blm.
The Hyde Park protest were cancelled.
The right keep trying to con people into thinking negative things about blm. Have you seen the fake posters they made claiming blm did saying "kill whites on site" they think people are as dumb as them

Last edited:
from what I’ve seen the BLM arranged protests actually passed relatively peacefully.
the yobs pissing on the statues they were “defending” seem to be the problem.
boris must be so proud

its hard to know looking at twitter what were being told and not being told though 🤷‍♀️
Tbh I thought you were being metaphorical but no. It actually happened. Wow. Regardless of stance, have some respect.
Screenshot_20200614-074642_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 1