The Points Guy UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone subscribe to the blog, watch their youtube channel or follow on social media?

I used to love them but since lockdown I've noticed how smug they come across. Curious to hear others views

Reactions: 1
Does anyone subscribe to the blog, watch their youtube channel or follow on social media?

I used to love them but since lockdown I've noticed how smug they come across. Curious to hear others views
God yeah and also Sam Chui is another smug freeloader. The American points guy is a lot less boastful and cringeworthy than his British counterpart.

Reactions: 6
God yeah and also Sam Chui is another smug freeloader. The American points guy is a lot less boastful and cringeworthy than his British counterpart.
yeah Sam Chui I had to unfollow.

Do you mean Brian, the really tall American guy? I find him really annoying but yeah maybe not smug, just annoying.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I used to love the uk guys especially Nicky but as they've got bigger they've got smugger and more self righteous. The UK flight vlog post lockdown (now deleted) where they kept breaking mask rules was just so obnoxious and a real low point. Theres a certain desperation now with them regarding anything for content.

Reactions: 6
Reading them from a cabin crew point of view I think they seem a right bunch of dickheads and nothing they report is ever 100% factual

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Does anyone also follow Nicky Kelvin from the points guy uk? He has been posting from Dubai but now this morning has posted himself out for a run and grabbing a coffee?

Have I missed something? Were the Dubai posts not live? Or is he not quaranteening on his return?

They're back!

I quite like some of their content but I find it odd that Nicky basically always has to put himself in first class or the best available place (in this instance, the largest hotel room). Quite a lot of people have pointed it out as well. I wonder why...

I do sympathise with them a bit - whilst the videos they've had recently come off a bit desperate as attempts to get content out, they were screwed being in the air industry, a lot of people have struggled with getting work during this and they're no exception. They had enough content stored to get through the first lockdown but when it became clear that travel would be limited for quite some time, I think they got kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Never been able to warm to them or many of these other points vloggers. Why do so many of these guys have such smug punchable faces!

Reactions: 4
Never been able to warm to them or many of these other points vloggers. Why do so many of these guys have such smug punchable faces!
Obviously smug at getting to fly first class! :LOL:

I actually think it's really mostly Nicky that comes across like that, I do find him really difficult to warm to. The other guys (they only usually use Jean and sometimes Liam) aren't too bad though definitely your average cookie cutter millennial vlogger types that are similar in style but seem nice enough. Wouldn't want to sit next to them on a flight though, some of them get the camera out too often and for the most inane things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Canā€™t stand the French one ā€œJeanā€ who they seem to refer to as ā€œJoanā€ for some reason. Snooty piece of work who likes to show off by demanding Bloody Marys and squeezing his entire body into first class coat lockers.
Noel Philips has to be all time worst aviation vlogger though. Heā€™s been breaking travel rules for months, gadding about on the pretext of going on essential business trips. A complete tool.

I used to like Noel but his videos got shorter and far more click baity. His wife was in a few and I recall she was even worse, terribly entitled and couldn't be bothered with the first class flights and train journey they did. Looked like she was at a funeral the whole time. To be fair any time someone tries to make a wage off YT the content suffers. I've been enjoying luxury travel expert during lockdown. He doesn't speak so the videos are very relaxing.

That James Asquith is another annoying tone deaf freeloader too. Donā€™t know if heā€™s anything to do with Points Guy but he is cringy.

Reactions: 3
I used to like Noel but his videos got shorter and far more click baity. His wife was in a few and I recall she was even worse, terribly entitled and couldn't be bothered with the first class flights and train journey they did. Looked like she was at a funeral the whole time. To be fair any time someone tries to make a wage off YT the content suffers. I've been enjoying luxury travel expert during lockdown. He doesn't speak so the videos are very relaxing.
The wife ā€œRacheā€. A right misery!

Noel Phillips Was near to Tears during some of his Videos during Covid Travel Restrictions, No Meal service available only snack Box's. The poor poor man ,How dare the Deadliest virus for years stop ME having a Hot Meal in Business or First Class, And why do they insist on putting News stories on the Seat back entertainment system with people in hospital!! I can't have my Silver service Salmon dish . Also he does have one of the most Punchable faces I've ever seen.

• Heart
Noel flounced off Twitter a few months ago because he couldnā€™t hack deal with people asking how he was managing to buck the travel restrictions and travel the world. Now all of his videos start with a disclaimer that they were made in accordance with local laws. Then he goes on to describe how you could fly to America by travelling through Mexico with your entire family potentially spreading disease across even more countries. Tool.

I try to like Nicky Kelvin, he does have good info but the unbearable smugness and seemingly out of touch attitude just puts me off each time I try and go back to him

I try to like Nicky Kelvin, he does have good info but the unbearable smugness and seemingly out of touch attitude just puts me off each time I try and go back to him
He just really grates on me and I can't 100% put my finger on why.