The Points Guy UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh Sam is back again so I had to switch off on their new video.

TPG seems to be the Nicky Kelvin show, plus his one or two support acts

TPG seems to be the Nicky Kelvin show, plus his one or two support acts
NK just has an unbearably big ego and I don't get why, his insights in the reviews are no more interesting than anyone else and he isn't funny/likeable in any way. I get the impression he'd be a nightmare to work with.

Reactions: 4
NK just has an unbearably big ego and I don't get why, his insights in the reviews are no more interesting than anyone else and he isn't funny/likeable in any way. I get the impression he'd be a nightmare to work with.
I agree, I swear he has got worse since he seems to have taken over TPG UK and got tv appearances.

May also explain why the originals seem to have vanished

From his Instagram he seems to come from a very privileged background, nothing wrong with that in itself but may also help explain the ego. He also hangs out in minor celeb circles

Reactions: 1
So have they just given up content geared for the UK market? Because is something you'd easily find on the main TPG channel, there's no real point having a separate UK channel if the content is going to be US only from now on. And after building up a loyal fanbase for 4 years with the likes of Nicky & Liam, it's a bit jarring for a couple of random Americans to be parachuted in:

So have they just given up content geared for the UK market? Because is something you'd easily find on the main TPG channel, there's no real point having a separate UK channel if the content is going to be US only from now on. And after building up a loyal fanbase for 4 years with the likes of Nicky & Liam, it's a bit jarring for a couple of random Americans to be parachuted in:
Yeah I felt the same, won't watch this one but will stay subscribed for now.

The staff seem to have been slowly vanishing over the last year, wonder if Liam is one of the last to go

Another rebrand according to the latest video. Now TPG Departures and TPG Arrivals. I didn’t really get the point of it and it’s only 3 months since the last ”exciting changes”. I wonder if things are going badly?

Reactions: 2
Yeah something is definitely off. So many staff seem to have vanished. The Facebook group seems to have stopped being managed too. Nicky 'smugness' kelvin seems to be in the states a lot more now.

The UK site obviously wasn't making much money so theyve closed it down. I think they received some backlash over the move to US videos on the UK channel so I guess they are now location neutral.

Nicky is definitely smug. Has he been on Morning Live again? I saw him on there once and you could tell he was pleased with himself at what he likely saw was the start of his TV career.

Nicky is definitely smug. Has he been on Morning Live again? I saw him on there once and you could tell he was pleased with himself at what he likely saw was the start of his TV career.
I try to follow him but his smugness is just too unlikeable but I do think he has been on there a few times.

Yeah he is desperate for media recognition. His group of friends seem just as smug and pleased with themselves too. I see Tom daley is part of it it.

Comedanwithme/cometravelwithdan is the same too. I really want to like him as he gives some good info but again the smug arrogance I have go unfollow.

Trying to find travel influencers that aren't smug or arrogant and entitled is really hard lol

I try to follow him but his smugness is just too unlikeable but I do think he has been on there a few times.

Yeah he is desperate for media recognition. His group of friends seem just as smug and pleased with themselves too. I see Tom daley is part of it it.

Comedanwithme/cometravelwithdan is the same too. I really want to like him as he gives some good info but again the smug arrogance I have go unfollow.

Trying to find travel influencers that aren't smug or arrogant and entitled is really hard lol
I've never come across cometravelwithdan but I can believe it!

He seems like Nonstop Dan who has two channels - one where he reviews airlines solo and a travel vlog with his partner (Oskar and Dan). The travel vlog isn't so bad, but the airline review channel is the one that gets me.

Dan is so entitled and smug. I suspect he had money before he started YouTube, as he has that snooty air about him. Okay sometimes he highlights poor service on airlines which is justified, but other times he makes shockingly tone deaf remarks - for example, if he's flying in first class and the food isn't quite to his liking, he acts like it's the worst thing ever. 😂

His partner is usually off camera in the airline review videos, but he doesn't seem as smug/entitled as Dan, so I sometimes wonder how he sticks it. If he was my boyfriend I'd be telling him to get over his first world problems.

Dan Ross (comedanwithme) is just an attention-seeking prick who is completely in love with himself and has an insatiable desire for popularity - he’s been like that since he was a teenager. And his little appearance on Naked Attraction confirms that.

In terms of why he left TPG - every job he’s ever had has been a “toxic environment” which he leaves because he can’t hack it. It started with Hollister deeming him too unattractive to work as one of their front of house models so they banished him to the back room out of sight of the customers.

He’s not a Geordie either, despite his claims.

I do wonder where all his money comes from, though. When he was younger he lived with his dad and his mother would bankroll him, but that surely can’t be the case still. I suspect there’s a fair amount of credit card debt, but who knows.

He looks terrible for his age too.

• Heart
Dan Ross (comedanwithme) is just an attention-seeking prick who is completely in love with himself and has an insatiable desire for popularity - he’s been like that since he was a teenager. And his little appearance on Naked Attraction confirms that.

In terms of why he left TPG - every job he’s ever had has been a “toxic environment” which he leaves because he can’t hack it. It started with Hollister deeming him too unattractive to work as one of their front of house models so they banished him to the back room out of sight of the customers.

He’s not a Geordie either, despite his claims.

I do wonder where all his money comes from, though. When he was younger he lived with his dad and his mother would bankroll him, but that surely can’t be the case still. I suspect there’s a fair amount of credit card debt, but who knows.

He looks terrible for his age too.
I love all this hahaha

It kind of confirms what I thought of him. I try to follow him but he comes over so badly on social media.

If every job you have has a toxic environment...then maybe you're the problem!

The geordie thing confused me as he doesn't seem to have hint of an accent.

Didn't he go to Durham uni? He gives off stereotypical Durham energy (sorry to the good Durham uni students)

I do wonder how some of them can make a full time living off airline/travel videos. Especially as they sometimes travel in business class which isn't cheap. Air miles can only stretch so far.

I love all this hahaha

It kind of confirms what I thought of him. I try to follow him but he comes over so badly on social media.

If every job you have has a toxic environment...then maybe you're the problem!

The geordie thing confused me as he doesn't seem to have hint of an accent.

Didn't he go to Durham uni? He gives off stereotypical Durham energy (sorry to the good Durham uni students)
Not at all, he lived in Durham when he was a teenager with his dad. That’s what makes him a “Geordie”. He went to a state school and he isn’t from an affluent background. His mother lived elsewhere and didn’t raise him or his brother.

He did one year of university at Liverpool, then dropped out and started again the following year in Manchester. He used to be with Josh Grimstone - the Government SpAd known for being Michael Gove’s gay lover.

He's one of those people who has a knack for getting in with whichever crowd he wants to. He’ll have seen Nicky Kelvin’s influence and managed to worm his way into his circle.

Not at all, he lived in Durham when he was a teenager with his dad. That’s what makes him a “Geordie”. He went to a state school and he isn’t from an affluent background. His mother lived elsewhere and didn’t raise him or his brother.

He did one year of university at Liverpool, then dropped out and started again the following year in Manchester. He used to be with Josh Grimstone - the Government SpAd known for being Michael Gove’s gay lover.

He's one of those people who has a knack for getting in with whichever crowd he wants to. He’ll have seen Nicky Kelvin’s influence and managed to worm his way into his circle.
This literally confirms my intuition from his social media attitude.

He comes across as very up himself, but also keen to social climb

I also get mean girl/you can't sit with us vibes

Last edited:
This literally confirms my intuition from his social media attitude.

He comes across as very up himself, but also keen to social climb

I also get mean girl/you can't sit with us vibes
Yeah, that’s accurate. But he’s aged really badly and is only around 5’7” so not sure how long he can keep the attitude up for. When he was advertising the spare room in his flat, he was asking for an extortionate amount given the location.

He always publicly calls out people for “bad service”, which irritates me as I know he wouldn’t be able to deliver better service, and those he’s calling out are likely overworked and paid minimum wage.

More generally, it always annoys me when they fly business class considering none of them actually have anything resembling a real job. I don’t know how they have the nerve.

• Heart
Reactions: 4