“The other women”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have you ever been the other woman? Traditionally she is the “evil one”, but not all stories are as black and white as that.
Whats your experience if you have?

Reactions: 1
Twice - both times I thought they were single. First guy was actually the first time I had sex, later found out that he had a long term partner and kids. Second guy, I was under the impression him and his girlfriend had broken up.

Never knowingly. Never would. It scummy.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I was in love with an older married man who I worked with for almost 4 years. I didn't tell him, but he guessed around 10 months in. He asked me about it and I told him the truth. We did talk about how I felt about him, but that's all that ever happened, even though we were alone in his office lots of times. I didn't need him to tell me that we wouldn't be a thing. We got to a point where we could joke about it "we'll name our child Cosmo".

I had all the sexual fantasies in my head. 🥴

I stopped working with him eventually. I know I do still love him and I'm not over it yet, but I'm honestly grateful that he could hold that boundary and it was never crossed.

He does have a public insta which I still secretly look up frequently, but no messaging though.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Yes. I suspected he had a girlfriend and dumped him. He claimed they weren't together but (they have children together ) seemed too close for my liking.

Reactions: 2
If you knowingly become the other woman, or find out you are and continue in that position.

you’re trash.
no excuse for being a tit person.

I was in love with an older married man who I worked with for almost 4 years. I didn't tell him, but he guessed around 10 months in. He asked me about it and I told him the truth. We did talk about how I felt about him, but that's all that ever happened, even though we were alone in his office lots of times. I didn't need him to tell me that we wouldn't be a thing. We got to a point where we could joke about it "we'll name our child Cosmo".

I had all the sexual fantasies in my head. 🥴

I stopped working with him eventually. I know I do still love him and I'm not over it yet, but I'm honestly grateful that he could hold that boundary and it was never crossed.

He does have a public insta which I still secretly look up frequently, but no messaging though.
because we’re all anonymous 😂
if he had offered to leave his wife, would you have got with him?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Ashamed to say I have been.
No excuse for it, but I was young at the time and he was a fair bit older than me, I was fully in love with him.
Knew all along it would never work out the way I wanted at the time but he always said just enough to keep me. Went on for just under a year - I found out he had 2 kids and ended it.
His wife found out but they stayed together and went on to have more kids. He messaged me about 3 years later trying to start it up again.
I don’t regret it because it taught me an awful lot about myself, relationships etc but I’ve always been ashamed of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Ashamed to say I have been.
No excuse for it, but I was young at the time and he was a fair bit older than me, I was fully in love with him.
Knew all along it would never work out the way I wanted at the time but he always said just enough to keep me. Went on for just under a year - I found out he had 2 kids and ended it.
His wife found out but they stayed together and went on to have more kids. He messaged me about 3 years later trying to start it up again.
I don’t regret it because it taught me an awful lot about myself, relationships etc but I’ve always been ashamed of it.
I know what you mean when you say you learnt a lot. Me too. At the time I didn’t realise the impact and fallout on others.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Interesting thread 👀 not that I’ve been “the other woman”. Having dealt with a narcissist and been cheated on I could never do it to another person. Even the smaller things like female coworkers FaceTiming at night 😷 I can see why people get caught up in the ego boost, but I wouldn’t lower myself and would get greater pleasure turning such an eejit down.

If you knowingly go with a man in a relationship you need to work on your self worth ASAP. There’s no other way around it, regardless of the situation. And any man saying their partner is crazy/a crank and pulling the “woe is me” act to another woman is usually projecting and using both of you.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I know what you mean when you say you learnt a lot. Me too. At the time I didn’t realise the impact and fallout on others.
I wrongly assumed that it was only me that would get hurt as I didn’t think she’d ever find out. I figured well if it’s me that’s going to be the one that got hurt then it’s my decision to make type of thing cause I’m doing it to myself.
I was wrong obviously but I was very young and naive.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Kind of - I’ve been “the other woman” in that I’ve been somebody that straight girls with boyfriends have used to experiment with another woman. As far as I’m concerned the cheating is on them and not me, but I’m not particularly proud of the fact that I only went along with it because it was when I was only just coming to terms with my sexuality and I was a complete mess. They would use the excuse “it doesn’t really count because we’re both girls” (which is obviously homophobic and complete bullshit) and my self-worth was so low that I didn’t believe I deserved more than that. It’s been 5+ years now and I don’t think I’d do it again unless I knew for sure there was a poly agreement and the boyfriend was aware of it

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I was twice, in my much younger years. Once was an ex, he cheated on me with her, got engaged and move into together. He swore blind they had parted and I went round once. I knew he way lying but two can play that game. They never got married.

The second was a friend who I really fell for. He lead me on a bit saying he was leaving his girlfriend. That one I do regret, I do not think she found out.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
No but my now straight ex wife was the other woman, twice, while I was pregnant. I found out 5 weeks after our wedding she was sleeping with a guy she worked with, and then it came out she was sleeping with a married man 2 years before that. I literally was clueless. She covered her tracks so well, she acted normal the entire 2 years she was cheating on me. I couldn't ever be the other woman, I'd never wish that pain on anybody.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Inadvertently I guess. I was “the other woman” without realising, because the guy I was seeing was stringing along more than one woman at a time. I cut all contact as soon as I found out (after calling him all the names under the sun and outing him as a cheat ofc). I’ve heard he’s still at it to this day and a compulsive liar to boot.

Reactions: 11
If you knowingly become the other woman, or find out you are and continue in that position.

you’re trash.
no excuse for being a tit person.

because we’re all anonymous 😂
if he had offered to leave his wife, would you have got with him?
At that time if I'm being honest it would have been a 100% yes. :whistle: Now after not seeing him for more then half a year and having had time and space it would be a solid no. I know that I was in a vulnerable place and I saw the version of him that I wanted to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Not knowingly no.

I started seeing a guy from uni and although he had some recent pictures on there of him with a girl, his relationship status was single and she wasn’t on his profile picture.

it was only when we started seeing each other that I stalked the girl a bit on Twitter and found tweets that she had posted that hinted that she had been cheated on and similar stuff.

I also found out through stalking his Facebook that he had been in a relationship with her, but whether it had ended when we started seeing each other I’m not sure. He was scum anyway and we were both better off without.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.