The One (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just watching this now. I thought it would be similar to the one on prime. I can't remember what that one was called but was about people finding their match. This is a bit better but feels like its dragging now. Im on episode 7

On episode three and intrigued so far. Rebecca has a face I want to punch though 😂

Reactions: 1
It has taken me a few days but I finished it.

almost gave up at ep7 and looked to see whether it was 8 or 10 then battled through.

Rebecca looks old for doing a PhD then only being in the company for 2 years but🤷‍♀️.

Reactions: 2
It reminded me a bit of a really long Black Mirror episode.

Agree that the actress looked (sorry!) too old to be playing a character from PhD onwards.

I'm about 6 or 7 episodes in, I can't stand the smug police officer tbh. I want Rebecca to 'win' because I find her less annoying 😂

I really loathed the main character when she starred in "Betrayal" with Stuart Townsend (think I was meant to though!).

I'm up to episode 3 ... so far, so good.

I've watched this. Really enjoyed it. Although I agree with previous comments about the actress playing Rebecca (I think her name's Hannah Ware). For me, she didn't really fit properly but overall it was interesting

I binged watched it yesterday, I really liked it.
I am hoping there will be another season after this because there are a couple of loose ends.

Reactions: 2
I just lost 8 hours of my life.
I cannot believe the way it ended! BS!
It's a miniseries so there won't be a second season!

Reactions: 4
I also watched it last weekend and enjoyed the setting (Barbican, city etc)

Agreed, Rebecca looked old. This also confused me initially, I wasn't sure how she fit in with her two friends.

All the murder and mystery was a bit BS, but I loved observing Hanna/Meghan and also the Spanish girl and the police officer.

I thought it was very telling how cut-throat Rebecca was and that she told a lie to protect the marketing promise (only one match), when the police woman also felt a match with her match's brother and he felt it to - she did in fact match to both of them but was told that it was not possible.

Has anyone read the book? It is mean to be amazing judging by the reviews on GoodReads.
Certainly a very interesting idea

Watched this weekend

First few episodes I thought it was ok but it dragged on so much - they could have done the whole thing in 4 episodes and it would have been much better.

Thought the ending wasn't great either - im assuming that was so it was open for series 2? Just annoyed me nothing was really tied up.

Interesting storyline though - imagine if that was actually possible!

Reactions: 3
I liked this. Did anyone fancy Ben? Or was it just me :LOL:

Not a fan of Hannah Ware (Rebecca) and her terrible acting in this. In fact I went onto youtube to watch an interview of hers and she had the same blank robotic stare and nothing between the ears.

The book of this was so much more fun. They took inspiration from the most boring parts of it to make this and turned it into a generic thriller.