The Nevermets (Channel 4)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone know how many episodes in total this series has? I hope they don't leave it on a cliffhanger of not finding out how all the couples end up

Anyone know how many episodes in total this series has? I hope they don't leave it on a cliffhanger of not finding out how all the couples end up
Tonight is 5/6 according to tv guide. I hope we find out what happens too, I need to know about Matt and Maria!

Reactions: 2
Im confused - tonight’s seems to be a repeat of the last one where Matt and Maria met for the first time? Damn it I was excited 😂

There is definitely something weird about the Leah and Chad situation! No bed? His daughter sleeping on the floor

Reactions: 4
What a waste of time that was, filming Leah and Chad! Also not having food in for them, having to get a bed. Grow the F up Leah!!!

I was shedding a few tears for Matt and Maria getting married. So happy for them

Reactions: 7
I've not watched the last episode yet but when Leah said she'd met Chad through a dating site for older men, all I could think was sugar baby.
Absolute ick with the Indian woman and the English boy.

I need to rewatch it all from the start, my brain is now wired to binge a series and I can't keep concentration over weeks of drip feed.

Reactions: 6
I thought Sarah washing Ngoy (that's definitely not how it was spelt, but the Philippines guy!) in the bath was a big ick! He kept calling her mummy and has admitted he wants a mother figure to look after him! I think she's secretly hoping he doesn't get his visa and can end it over the phone!

Reactions: 8
The age gap between Leah and Chad is way too big. I don’t know how he can possibly find someone attractive who appears so young and like she’s barely found her way in life. Grim. Think he will look back on this (hopefully) and be like ‘yep that was post divorce insanity’ rather than go for another much younger woman.

Reactions: 3
Omg Leah! I’m a bit sad for Chad actually. After speaking to him, then telling him there was another guy involved, then saying forget the other guy I wanna move forward with you. To then saying she’s not ready. Whaaaaatttt? No bed in the house. No food. Strange.

Reactions: 5
Am I the only one who gets the ick from Matt & Maria?

He’s just giving me incel vibes, still living with his parents in his 30s and have them do everything for him 🤢

She seems very sweet but I get the feeling she’s married him to move to the UK and make better money to provide for her family. Knowing she’s worked as a maid in Saudi and one of her sisters was leaving to do the same, they will have been treated like tit there so she’s probably relieved to have found a better way to support her family.

Reactions: 3
Am I the only one who gets the ick from Matt & Maria?

He’s just giving me incel vibes, still living with his parents in his 30s and have them do everything for him 🤢

She seems very sweet but I get the feeling she’s married him to move to the UK and make better money to provide for her family. Knowing she’s worked as a maid in Saudi and one of her sisters was leaving to do the same, they will have been treated like tit there so she’s probably relieved to have found a better way to support her family.
I wouldn't say incel as that has a very negative connection and I don't think he has displayed anything like that. But I do think he is shy, very innocent and social awkward. And completely agree she is after a better life/support for family but is also quite innocent. They are solving eachothers problems but with affection there.

It's a different vibe to the other couples

Reactions: 11
What a waste of time that was, filming Leah and Chad! Also not having food in for them, having to get a bed. Grow the F up Leah!!!

I was shedding a few tears for Matt and Maria getting married. So happy for them
I really cringed at this - how can you have people come to stay and not have anywhere for them to sleep! And they had to buy their own sandwiches! I bet Chad’s daughter thinks what a lucky escape. Leah is far too immature and selfish and I bet Chad realises that now.
Matt and Maria - so sweet. I had some tears too. They had been talking for 3 years I believe so plenty of time to establish a connection.
---
I thought Sarah washing Ngoy (that's definitely not how it was spelt, but the Philippines guy!) in the bath was a big ick! He kept calling her mummy and has admitted he wants a mother figure to look after him! I think she's secretly hoping he doesn't get his visa and can end it over the phone!
He gives me the heebie jeebies! Revolting. Can’t see that one working out.

Reactions: 5
I’ve watched the last episode now. Leah drives a nice looking Merc but doesn’t own a bed? 😳

And I still think Matt is a wrong’un. I can understand his parents not able to travel to the wedding for health reasons but his brother? And to not have one single friend? Even if you’re shy and don’t go out, it’s quite easy to build friendships online. Odd.

Reactions: 2
Just finished the series….
Leah….. sighhhhh, infuriating. Only 2 months she was talking to Chad and they decided to meet, that seems quick to me. Did they also make poor Bailee sleep on the floor while she and Chad were in a plush new bed?! She couldn’t even be bothered buying them staple food after they flew over to see them, no furniture. It’s almost like she didn’t want them there? Also buy some actual trousers

also Jay is planning to move to India?!? He really seemed to HATE it while he was there. Not to mention he would starve as he only eats pizza and chicken nuggets 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve watched the last episode now. Leah drives a nice looking Merc but doesn’t own a bed? 😳

And I still think Matt is a wrong’un. I can understand his parents not able to travel to the wedding for health reasons but his brother? And to not have one single friend? Even if you’re shy and don’t go out, it’s quite easy to build friendships online. Odd.
I noticed the car. I must admit, it did just make me assume she was more bothered about looking good, but wanted a sugar daddy to pay for all her furniture. Either that or she’d only just moved, but even so you’d surely have stuff you could bring with you! I wonder if they bought the mattress from ikea too, can’t see that fitting in the back of her fancy car.

Maybe Matt’s family couldn’t afford it, it’s not the most affluent of areas is it and I can’t imagine you’d get cheap flights. Not like they can stay with the in laws either.

Reactions: 1
I'm hoping with all my heart that Matt & Maria get married and have a happy life. Imo, they seem like one of the very few genuine couples on any of these types of programmes I've watched.

So what if Matt brings Maria to the UK and agrees to send money back to her family in the Philippines - some people in those countries are living in dire poverty. He may only have a minimum wage job, but if Maria worked too when she got here, and they could send a few £s a week, that few £s could mean a hell of a lot to someone living in terrible conditions. I know I'd be more than happy to do that for my partner's family if circumstances were similar.

At least they do both seem to be sincere re their affections, and they both seem lovely. No scamming on either end detected from my POV.

I'm certainly no Mother Teresa myself, but I've often thought, I'd love to find a family in one of these poorer countries to donate a few £s to regularly - the price we spend on a coffee per day/week would probably mean a fortune to some of them. The thing that puts me off is that money donated usually goes through charities, and I don't trust most charities. The world is surely ill-divided. And it's not fair. 😟

Reactions: 7