The Nevermets (Channel 4)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do think it's a bit of a 90 day fiancee rip off but 90 day fiancee UK version is so terribly forced and scripted with the conversations they have and the channel 4 production team does it so much better!

I do not know how they let an under 18 on the show and flew him out to India - this could backfire on C4.

The Nigerian guy gives hushpuppi vibes (the influencer who was living it large on istagram and turned out he was a fraudster), very disrespectful to her especially turning up late and not meeting her when she flew out with her sister previously. She deserves better than that.

Sarah seemed quite stressed in the Phillipines, she didn't seem happy there

Reactions: 9
I watched the third episode today and can't quite understand how they found the 38 year old from Warrington and how he would agree to go on TV show if he is so shy.

I agree the guy in Dubai is so disrespectful to the poor lady (can't remember their names at this late hour). He bought his friend / cousin to their first meeting and didn't even introduce him, not to mention turning up 90 minutes late. I do hope she dumps his sorry butt and hot foots it back to UK.

Reactions: 6
I'll be very unsurprised if this ends with a caption saying Veena has since married someone else.

Reactions: 3
Although the age gap is problematic, I don't think the 17 year old has been groomed. There's no real evidence of that. Just because there's the age gap it doesn't also automatically mean she groomed him as well. He seemed too surprised by the rush to marriage, and was also quite comfortable/confident to not go along with it and speak his mind.

I think the cultural differences in relationships and marriage were stark.

I watched the third episode today and can't quite understand how they found the 38 year old from Warrington and how he would agree to go on TV show if he is so shy.

I agree the guy in Dubai is so disrespectful to the poor lady (can't remember their names at this late hour). He bought his friend / cousin to their first meeting and didn't even introduce him, not to mention turning up 90 minutes late. I do hope she dumps his sorry butt and hot foots it back to UK.
I've watched episode 3 too. It's so odd seeing a grown woman saying she loves a 17 year old boy and all the marriage talk.

Reactions: 8
the woman with the 17 year old is a n0nc3, there is no argument about it. How on earth has this been put on TV? and where on earth are his parents?! absolutely vile.

Reactions: 10
the woman with the 17 year old is a n0nc3, there is no argument about it. How on earth has this been put on TV? and where on earth are his parents?! absolutely vile.
100%! I know some will argue he lied, but when she found out and broke up with him why did she THEN go back, gross! If this was the other way around and it was a man with a 15 / 17 year old girl there would be absolute uproar.

I find these shows so interesting. Why on earth is the girl giving the Dubai guy a chance after chance. Waste of time he won’t change

Reactions: 11
was hoping there was a thread on here about this wtf is with that 27 year old Indian girl and 17 yo CHILD they even said its not legal in India there relationship hence the separate rooms! and how long was they talking for before was it 2 years???? so when he was 15... disgusting how can channel 4 allow this!

There is all some form of power imbalance between them (e.g. money, lifestyle quality) but the American one interests me as there is no obvious need to improve their lives.

Reactions: 1
Channel 4 should have let us watch all 6 episodes in one go. Just watched 5 that airs next Friday.

This other age gap pairing is creepy too but at least they are both adults.

Leah just wants to have fun lets be honest... Chad is attractive to look at but his voice!

Reactions: 7
Can't help thinking if I was Leah, meeting someone's friends for dinner for the very first time, I'd have worn a pair of leggings instead of those shorter-than-short shorts. At one point I thought they were just a pair of big knickers.

Matthew & Marie. ❤ I'm really rooting for this pair. I think they're both lovely, and most importantly, genuine.

Reactions: 5
I think Matt and Marie are the answers to eachothers problems, but I also think there is genuine affection there too.

I think Matt and Marie are the answers to eachothers problems, but I also think there is genuine affection there too.
Of all the couples so far they seem the most genuine. I hope it works out! 🤞🏻

I agree, Leah just looking for fun not a serious relationship. Plus didn’t the voiceover say they had only been talking for a few months whereas the other couples been in contact for years!!!

Reactions: 4
This program feels even more exploitative than 90 day finance. Why did they have to keep mentioning that Matthew was a virgin? Even the description for the episode referring to him as a 30 something year old virgin. Leah to me seems like she just wanted to be on tv, as surely the process to get on the program and out there must have taken around two months!? I’m not sure what to make of Chad, I think again he just seems quite vulnerable.

Reactions: 5