Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hazara04

Oh yes, you could feel that poor lady’s pain through the screen! I can imagine the language about all the women was pretty derogatory ☹
The way they just did not believe she wasn’t a prostitute, that her attacker wasn’t the Ripper and even at the end when she got her compensation- but then had her benefits taken off her. Felt so sorry for her. Yet the officer in charge came away with £40k - 40 years ago that was a LOT

it was appalling that Gregory was allowed to profit from the case, especially as he cocked up the investigation so badly

Sadly the racist language used towards Marcella Claxton was even worse than it was depicted in the show. I won't repeat it but it is easy to find online. They also used the fact that some of women had Jamacian boyfriends as proof of their loose morals

I actually think the police leading the investigation were even worse than potrayed in the show. I would recommend watching the documentary "the Yorkshire ripper files" currently being repeated on BBC2 and the 1st episode is on iplayer. It has loads of old archive footage.

Reactions: 3