The Jury Murder Trial - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve just started watching this and had to turn it off after 20 minutes. The acting is absolutely appalling it’s making me cringe, such a shame because I feel like it’s a really interesting concept and could have been really good, I just don’t understand why everyone is such a terrible actor in it!?

Reactions: 8
I'm surprised that they didn't go for a more controversial type of case one that isn't talked about enough when men are victims of DV, a few years ago there was a documentary non it and it bought up the conversation from TV and then you don't hear much.on TV for a qhile...male victim of DV where the male was the one that died.

I know men who have been broken down emotionally and physically by DV and coercive control from women so much that in some sad cases they have taken their own lives , it's not a one way problem.

Both genders can be and are victims, there are alot more male suicides, physical violence victims and breakdowns from it than people realise
Are women being murdered by their husbands not controversial enough for you?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder if anyone who was on the jury for the real case has watched this and what they think of it.
My partners housemate (at the time) was on the jury! I keep telling him to text him but they're not in contact any more unfortunately! We live in the village it happened in but moved here the year after so I had no idea!
---
We’ve just started watching this and had to turn it off after 20 minutes. The acting is absolutely appalling it’s making me cringe, such a shame because I feel like it’s a really interesting concept and could have been really good, I just don’t understand why everyone is such a terrible actor in it!?
Keep with it. I thought they same but ended up really enjoying it, great TV.

Reactions: 2
I haven't read this thread, so don't know what happened, is it worth watching?

I can’t find your comment @Red80's so perhaps you had the foresight to delete it? But approximately 2 women every week are killed by a partner or ex-parther. Let’s focus on the key issue here, women are victims in life and then victimised in death. No one is saying that male mental health isn’t an issue but let’s not even entertain the idea that dv perpetrated by women against men is anywhere Close to this scale.

Reactions: 5
I can’t find your comment @Red80's so perhaps you had the foresight to delete it? But approximately 2 women every week are killed by a partner or ex-parther. Let’s focus on the key issue here, women are victims in life and then victimised in death. No one is saying that male mental health isn’t an issue but let’s not even entertain the idea that dv perpetrated by women against men is anywhere Close to this scale.
I didn't make the comment. I was responding to it and share the exact same opinion as you.

Reactions: 1
Did the programme say how long each jury were in deliberations for?
I’ve just watched it and they said after two days of discussion the first jury reached their verdict . They didn’t mention how long they had to wait for the other jury to catch up. It must have been time limited though hence the last ones just switching seemingly quite quickly

Having recently done jury service what I found strange was how they all chatted constantly about the case in between their time in the actual court (over lunch, breaks etc)..... we were given strict instructions that we should not discuss the case until we had heard all the evidence and were alone in the room deliberating the verdict...... like others have said some of the 'stronger' people (that vile Ricky!) swayed others decisions.... I found it incredibly patronising of some of them who implied that the young lad (Oliver I think who was about 19/20) couldn't possibly have an opinion as he'd 'not lived'...... I am surprised that it was manslaughter..... for me regardless of where the hammer was table or foundry he strangled her till she was semi or unconscious, wasn't fighting back and smashed her 3 time with a hammer...
That's a bit reassuring, because the way they discussed the case throughout was awful.

What's the point of the experiment 'though if it's not played out under the same rules?

Reactions: 4
Im late to this and was shocked by the victim blaming in this case. Ricky was disgusting. The language he used, the way he celebrated and the way he spoke about the victim. Im not sure if they are still together but he was married to Tracy dalton at least in 2023. She is the mother of jack sepple who brutally murdered Ashley Wadsworth. they were married at the time of the attack. I feel sick to my stomach that he was on the programme and commented the way he did.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Im late to this and was shocked by the victim blaming in this case. Ricky was disgusting. The language he used, the way he celebrated and the way he spoke about the victim. Im not sure if they are still together but he was married to Tracy dalton. She is the mother of jack sepple who brutally murdered Ashley Wadsworth. they were married at the time of the attack. I feel sick to my stomach that he was on the programme and commented the way he did.
OMG I remember watching the documentary about Ashley ..... it was so sad..... surely they should of done a background check on people they chose.... I know he wasn't the boys father but even so !!! He was a horrible man.....

• Sad
Think we watched the same one! Ashley was young and had her life ahead of her. The fact that Ricky even tho he wasn’t jacks dad/ but knew of violence by a family member ie jack and yet could still have such vile views is just repulsive.

Reactions: 3
Thank you for sharing that thoughtful article, I have just read it and although I followed the case there was some heart-breaking detail in there I wasn't aware of. Absolutely dreadful and I am horrified that Ricky (who I thought was appalling) is the step-father of a violent murderer - he physically abused his own mother - you'd think Ricky would have altered his views somewhat. Heartbreaking.

• Heart
OMG I remember watching the documentary about Ashley ..... it was so sad..... surely they should of done a background check on people they chose.... I know he wasn't the boys father but even so !!! He was a horrible man.....
Omg I'd never heard of that case. Horrendous.
It happened in 2022, and presumably The Murder Trial was filmed in 2023? So just a year later after his stepson did that, Ricky thought it was OK to victim blame the violent murder of another woman?
I thought he was a horrible twisted man from the offset but this is another level.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Omg I'd never heard of that case. Horrendous.
It happened in 2022, and presumably The Murder Trial was filmed in 2023? So just a year later after his stepson did that, Ricky thought it was OK to victim blame the violent murder of another woman?
I thought he was a horrible twisted man from the offset but this is another level.
Omg Channel 4 should never have allowed him to be on the show, given his connection to a murderer.

Reactions: 6
Never knew that story! I’m surprised they didn’t actually mention it seeing as everyone else seemed to have their own experience relating to the incident!