The Jury Murder Trial - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am mind blown C4 thought it appropriate to have that man on the programme.
I genuinely thought he was foul, but perhaps just a bit stupid and misguided. But to know he had direct experience of a similar murder case and STILL came out with what he said is horrifying.
Goodness knows what he has said about his stepson and that poor murdered girl. I think we sadly can all guess 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I posted on the crime thread but I don’t think they did decent background checks which is stupid as it really didn’t take long to make the connection. It is so insensitive to Ashley’s family and yeah what an earth would he have said about poor Ashley..
i rewatched the first episode again as it featured him going to a pub taking about his father being an alcoholic and the fact that he was made to polish his shoes aged four. I can’t them compute how him talking about the fictional victim in such demeaning terms is ok?

Reactions: 4
I read lots about the case when it went to trial and sentencing. I felt so sorry for Ashley’s family. That article has so much more information in it that wasn’t previously published and it makes it even more heartbreaking that Ashley wasn’t able to escape him sooner. Thank you for sharing.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I posted on the crime thread but I don’t think they did decent background checks which is stupid as it really didn’t take long to make the connection. It is so insensitive to Ashley’s family and yeah what an earth would he have said about poor Ashley..
i rewatched the first episode again as it featured him going to a pub taking about his father being an alcoholic and the fact that he was made to polish his shoes aged four. I can’t them compute how him talking about the fictional victim in such demeaning terms is ok?
She wasn't fictional though.. the case was based on an exact crime that had actually taken place I think in 2010/2011... I can't remember if the jury were told this though...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s really scary that Ricky took such a misogynistic view considering his recent past. You really would have hoped in the aftermath of a situation like that you would really sit down and take a good long look at yourself. He just showed himself to be a misogynistic prick on the show. Again, you would hope watching that back might give him a bit of self-awareness but he is proud of it. Oh and he is also a CBT therapist 😳

IMG_7243.png

• Wow
Reactions: 6
She wasn't fictional though.. the case was based on an exact crime that had actually taken place I think in 2010/2011... I can't remember if the jury were told this though...
Sorry - I know she wasn’t fictional. I just meant in the purpose of this trial. It was fictional trial with different names actors etc.I can’t remember if they were told it was based on a real trial but regardless ricky should have had respect for the poor victim choosing his words more carefully.

thank god he was not on the real jury although I have grave misgivings about the poor victim‘s trial in 2013 esp in light of her family’s comments.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4