Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

follyol

Sorry, I know this is toxic to say but…. men on tattle give me the ick. Why are you, as a man, on a gossip forum?!!!

(ok you can cancel me now lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 51

Wholeloadabit

Guy I was seeing cooked me dinner then proceeded to stare deep into my soul and perform Lose Yourself. Never felt so awkward in my entire life, just the two of us sitting there for the whole song while he held my hand. He didn’t break eye contact and he spat on me several times 🤢

Guys who post a holiday picture with the caption ‘had worse Monday’s’ or something to that effect 😭

Something about seeing and/or hearing a guy blowing their nose gives me major ick too

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50

summacc

Read a post on a forum today where a fella admitted to having a basin beside his bed to go to the toilet in when he can’t be bothered to go to the bathroom at night, not just pee. 🤢🤢🤢🤢 I gagged

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

Raych23

My boyfriend mentioned where he was born and I got the ick that he was a newborn baby 😟

• Haha
Reactions: 49

HaggisInMyBin

Chatty Member
I’m now middle aged and married but another thread reminded me of a previous ick from my younger, carefree years.

Staged music for sex - when I was 19 I briefly dated a really nice guy but every single time we ended up in his bedroom he’d put on U2 - The Joshua Tree (which is an ick in itself). 😩 He’d start with kissing on track 1, heavy petting on track 2 and intercourse on track 3. I entered into a competition with myself to speed it up so I didn’t have sex to Bono singing With or Without You. I ended the relationship after a heavy night out where he was still thrusting away during Running to Stand Still (track 5). I’d never been a fan of U2.

I always assumed this was a one off, until I got divorced at 37 and started dating again. Turns out I was wrong. Different country, different man, different album (Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago) but always sex on Skinny Love (track 3). I dumped him after the 3rd offence.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47

Notredamn

VIP Member
I went out with someone once who spoke old fashioned words on purpose as a kind of ‘quirk’. He wasn’t much of a wordsmith, it was just a few certain phrases he’d use on repeat. Like one time he said to the taxi driver, ‘do you think you could pull over here, perchance?’, or at the shop to the cashier, ‘perchance, do you have a carrier bag?’ other stock phrases of his: ‘excuse my parlance when I say this, but…’, ‘most obligingly’…fucking shudder!
The ‘perchance’ thing was the worst though cos he would sort of look pleadingly when he said it and limply hold his hands together. In fact the taxi driver in my example above turned around and said once ‘perchance’ offender got out, ‘cor love he’s a bit intense I thought he was going to burst into tears!’

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47

holliebollie

Chatty Member
I just read a bit further back about an ick vs general turn off. These are definite icks that have basically ended a relationship:

- Saw him in a dressing gown and slippers and never fancied him again. Gone within a month or so.
- A few icks built up over time and I was desperate so gritted my teeth and tried to get through them. First was not swinging arms when walking, then it was his knees and feet together when he sat on a sofa, later a furry tongue. Also popped a huge cyst thing on his face which splatted onto a mirror, and had daily explosive squits. I did not know about the last thing til we moved in together. Lasted 5 months there.
- One leant over me and he had moobs that kind of dangled into points, hence his name Toblerone Tits

They are all genuine icks that just did me in and I could never go back once I noticed them all! These are 3 different men by the way, imagine one with all these 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

WilmaHun

VIP Member
My bf gave me the ick last night when he sat at my dressing table cleaning his face with my micellar water, used some niacinamide toner and then turned to me and said "we're getting a bit low on this skincare"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Just seen a profile on bumble where he is sat on a bed taking a selfie in front of the mirror and his legs are dangling off the bed. His feet are not touching the ground.

Fml. Is there anyone out there for me?

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Agent Cooper

Chatty Member
The music theme going reminds me of a guy I once knew. We were talking about music via text, and he said he played the guitar so in order to prove that, he sent me a picture of his dick lying on his acoustic guitar - so basically a dick pic but with a guitar, the guitar somehow made it worse and so much more cringey 🥴 We were never in this sort of a relationship. Needless to say I blocked him and ran for the hills.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39

Milehammer

My ick is the people who come on this thread and question other peoples icks meaning they are clearly guilty of doing all those things 😂

• Haha

Scarlet4U

Most of these 'icks' seem to be about women not liking it when men behave in less traditionally 'masculine' ways. I find it interesting that women police gender roles in men more than they would probably like to admit.
I personally think it's fantastic that the tides have finally turned and after decades of being told how to keep feminine for men and listening to men publicly berate women for being too slutty, mumsy, letting ourselves go, laddish etc we can finally push back and say hey men, there's plenty that repulses us about you too.

I've been told by a male boss at work before that I'd be more attractive if I wore less makeup, as though my coming to work done up is to be perceived as hot rather than turned-out. I had a stranger advise me on public transport that the plaster on my heel poking out of my high heel wasn't sexy, as though I should allow my foot to bleed, lest strange men - who I wouldn't spit on if they were on fire - don't find me sexy enough and as if my reason for going out on a Sat night is to appeal to these oafs.

Friends have reported stories of men saying that they are intimidating because they dress too sexy and should tone it down. Another overheard 2 male colleagues disgustedly conferring over her lack of femininity because she was man spreading in a meeting. Another told me of how men would routinely tell her she looked "butch" after she chopped her hair into a pixie cut.

All to say that men have had an expectation of how women should "look" since the dawn of time, usually without so much as a flicker that women too hold these biases and often in response to their hypocrisy.

• Heart

Bubbledoggyyeah

Chatty Member
A guy I was seeing turned up to stay at mine for the first time, and all his overnight belongings were in a Lidl carrier bag. Immediate ick and I couldn’t even have sex with him that night. 🤮 Broke it off the next day and about two weeks later he text me a photo of the new actual overnight bag he’d bought hahahah ick!!

• Haha
  • Wow